Old 05-22-2013, 10:19 PM   #1  
Slender Nerdess Inside...

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/140

Height: 5'0"

Default Finally Caved and Bought ActiveLink

So I have been interested in the ActiveLink since I started weight watchers back in January. As a half way to goal gift to myself I finally got it! I figure the second half is gonna be harder than the first and I may need the extra help! I will randomly update this on my thoughts about it, but so far I'm a bit confused. It made me wait until tommorow to start my assessment period. Is that because Thursdays are my weigh in day?

I also could not find an answer to whether the activelink records your miles. Does anyone know? I wanted to continue and try to see how many miles I'm going everyday. I would love to hear other people's thoughts on the activelink. Any hints or tips? I know I've got to make sure to do the same amount of activity I normally do. Does anyone know if you plug it into the computer throughout the day can you see how many points you've earned so far or do you only know how many you earned the next day?
tehshort1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:14 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

Congratulations on being halfway to goal!!! Great accomplishment!

You can plug the Active Link in throughout the day and it will pop up to show you your progress throughout the day (both percentage and activity points).

It does not do your miles throughout the day....just the activity points.

Last edited by Chele615; 05-23-2013 at 07:14 AM.
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:01 AM   #3  
Sassafrass

S/C/G: 325/240/175

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehshort1 View Post
It made me wait until tommorow to start my assessment period. Is that because Thursdays are my weigh in day?
No, it starts your assessment on the first full 24 hour day you wear it.

Quote:
I also could not find an answer to whether the activelink records your miles. Does anyone know?
No, it does not.

Quote:
I Does anyone know if you plug it into the computer throughout the day can you see how many points you've earned so far or do you only know how many you earned the next day?
Yes, it will tell you your progress throughout the day if you plug it in.

I've worn an active link for 5/6 months now and I LOVE it! I wear my Garmin when I'm running and I have a bike computer when I'm cycling for mileage. I don't mind the difference because I track both mileage and points for two different reasons. I like the AL because it takes the guesswork out tracking APs for me and plays into WW. But I track the mileage independently for training purposes.

Happy to answer any and all questions you have to the best of my ability. I love my AL.
SoMuchFattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 03:22 PM   #4  

Thank you ladies for you help!
Old 05-30-2013, 11:44 AM   #5  

Okay First Day of actually earning points on the active link! It told me I averaged 4 points every day and my 12 week challenge is to get it to 6 points a day! It said I was a Master Of Motion - lol I suppose its because at my job I move around alot! I'm excited to see how I do and see how it motivates me. So far I'm just happy to be earning points again. I was a bit disappointed to know that the 28 points it told me I earned during my assesment phase does not get added to my acitivty points for the week.

Last edited by tehshort1; 05-30-2013 at 11:45 AM.