Old 03-29-2013, 10:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: HW~330 CW~291.4 GW~285

Height: 5'4

Red face How strict?

I am just curious as to how strictly everyone is following their plan? Do you allow yourself cheat days? Just trying to figure out how to make this work for me!
JustB1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:37 PM   #2  
It's me, Ashleyyy!

S/C/G: 291/~/185

Height: 5'8"

I am pretty strict, but WW makes it easy to stay on plan and easy to have a day to splurge if you have to. I know that I am more likely to have higher point days right after my weigh in day, just because I have more days to burn it off.
smashlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:08 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/155/maintaining

Height: 5'4"

For me, I have to have a PLAN that works. If I need a "cheat" day, it's not working. I'm losing weight slowly (maybe 1/2 lb. a week) but I don't feel at all deprived and if I have a craving, then I eat what I'm craving (just a smaller portion if it's something really calorie-dense). I didn't track my calories on Christmas Day and New Year's Day, and that's it since I started back.

Last edited by stella1609; 03-29-2013 at 11:08 PM.
stella1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:28 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 96/83.2/75

Height: 5'7"/170cm

I count calories and try as best as I can to stick to my daily limit. There are the odd days that I'll eat over, but I wouldn't consider it a cheat day, it's usually less than 100 calories. If I need a treat, I make sure that it'll still fit into my daily allowance.
Changergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 12:09 AM   #5  

This is my 3rd time doing WW and my 6th day so far! I am tracking any splurges I may have. I am just curious as to how others are working their plan. Wednesday night I ate out Mexican and I still came in right at my points!
Old 03-30-2013, 12:16 AM   #6  

At the Mexican restaurant? Oh geez well because I am so big I have 46 points and most days I have a hard time getting there. I am usually at 36ish. Since this is a weekly tradition (my friends and I go to play trivia) I saved my points during the day to make sure I had enough to use that night. I had chicken fajita nachos.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:26 AM   #7  

I did a lot of searching for nutritional information of mexican restaurants on the internet before hand. Fond the restaurant that had nutritional info and the same menu item. That was the only way I could do it. I am very tempted to call the restaurant and ask for nutritional information!
Old 03-30-2013, 12:35 AM   #8  

It really is!!! My plan for next week is to order the cheese sauce on the side, order a half order instead of the whole order and have an order of shredded lettuce. I think I will be better able to control how much I eat that way!
Old 03-30-2013, 12:46 AM   #9  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustB1027 View Post
I did a lot of searching for nutritional information of mexican restaurants on the internet before hand. Fond the restaurant that had nutritional info and the same menu item. That was the only way I could do it. I am very tempted to call the restaurant and ask for nutritional information!
I do the same if I can't find the exact item.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez View Post
That's the one thing that sucks about authentic places, you'll never find nutritional information. But it's the best food everrrrrr. :-/
It definitely sucks but well worth it!!! lol. I need to start looking around STL for good mexican food, there isn't a decent one here where I live!

As for OP's original questions- sometimes I would have a "relaxed" weekend using my WP along with DP, having a little extra here and there, never really using more than half of the WP. But if I have something coming up like a dinner or a party, I save it up for that day and track as best/closely as I can. I prefer to plan it to feel more in control but it doesn't always work out that way. Fajita chicken nachos sounds really good, BTW!
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 12:55 AM   #10  

They are so amazing! I can completely devour the full order but need to start ordering just a half order!
Old 03-30-2013, 01:59 AM   #11  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Today is my second day on plan.. and I went through my 48 points today plus a few weekly points...I splurged on a homemade mini pizza.. In all truthfullness... i had a few tbsps of frosting-PLEASE DONT SHOOT ME!! I SWEAR I WONT DO IT AGAIN!! INLESS ITS ON A CUPCAKE!! I dont know..we had vanilla frosting that i bought for this diet soda cupcake recipe.. and it was 2 points for 2 tbsps...so i had... a couple...meaning...5 servings...UGH its bad..so bad.. I havent done that since i was 16 when i used to eat frosting with my finger out of the can.. But this is honestly what its about..its about being honest with yourself and maybe even with others..because it was hard for me to write that..but if i keep it a secret Im sure im more prone to do it again or feel guilty and cheat the system... so in total my day went like this:

Breakfast: 1/2 cup 2 percent cottage cheese
w/ 1 medium bannana and 1/2 cup of fresh peach = 5pts

Lunch: ZIP...

Afternoon snack: Frosting..yes..4 servings = 10 points eeekkk!!!
(Should have eaten lunch)

Afternoon snack #2: 3-2 ingredient banana chocolate oatmeal cookies =6pts

Afternoon snack # 3- Diet coke and 1 bag of Krispy Minis Ricecakes 8 points

Late Dinner: 1 gluten free individual size pizza crust-10 points for the whole pizza crust w/ 2tbs of BBQ-2 pts plus -1/4 cup of raw onion-0 plus 1/3 cup of skim milk mozzarellla-2pts

Total points consumed in the day: 43 Points.

HEY! Wait a sec!!! i could have squeezed a little more cheese on that pizza...im not even up to 48 points yet!!! Oh well...

Point is: Splurging is a 14 point pizza and 10 points of krispy minis(which didnt taste as good as they used to) and Frosting..yes i said that..

So do you need to have a cheat day if your allowance allows for all you want??? No..not really.. I dont see a need to cheat..If i go through all 48 points plus 48 weekly points.. i will let ya know
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:29 AM   #12  

I love your honesty! I had a reese egg ! Only one but it's 5 points!
Old 03-30-2013, 01:41 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 220.6/tick/135.0

Height: 5' 5"

I don't really see it as "cheating" to use the weekly points. That's kind of what they are there for. If I end up using some of them, so be it.

I don't go crazy anymore where I would eat a whole box of cookies or bags of candy - that stuff doesn't really make it into the house anymore. And I don't want to live that way anymore.

I want this to be a lifestyle shift for me, so no food is off limits as long I have the points for it. So I have been finding ways to add chocolate into my day as needed/desired (usually a chocolate almond cluster from Sprouts bulk bin - you can just buy one!) or a Ghirardelli square. For me, it's the difference between eating one or two versus 10 or 20!
lindalee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:14 PM   #14  
I dream in sci-fi

S/C/G: 222/150/150

Height: 5'6"

I usually don't have "cheat days." Like others here, I'll have splurge days, but I track them. I've lost 65 lbs. this way. Occasionally I'll take a break for holidays and not count. I also do trivia every week at a bar with my boyfriend and his mom. So that's usually my splurge day. This system really works for me, and if I cheat it, the only person I'm gonna hurt is me. I also don't restrict the food I can have. If I want something, I work it out to have the points to eat it. Like lindalee said, just not a whole bag or box of what I have a taste for.
JuvenileNarcissist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:13 PM   #15  
Less of a Better Me

I think it is important to think about you mean by "cheat" day. Some people consider it a cheat day if you eat weekly points or if you have a piece of chocolate or eat out. With WW I don't consider any of that cheating since those are things that are allowed on the program.

Cheating - to me - is doing something that is against the rules. So, if I was following a program where I could eat 50 carbs a day and I decided to have a day where I would eat carbs and not count them - then that is cheating.

The other thing is whose rules are you looking at to determine if you are cheating.

If WW - then cheating would be doing something against the WW program. I get 26 points a day plus 49 weekly points. So if I have eaten all 49 weekly points and then eat 30 points the next day that could be seen as cheating. I've certainly done that but I don't plan to do it. It would be counterproductive to regularly plan to do it.

The other type of cheating is where you aren't following your own rules. Again, I think that is counterproductive to plan to do that.

I am not someone though who finds it helpful to have rules that are too rigid. I have certain foods I avoid eating on a regular basis (refined carbs, for example) but in a given situation I will eat some of them. I don't consider it cheating because I fit it into my overall eating plan.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote