Old 03-28-2013, 02:10 PM   #1  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Question Any Celiac's out there?

Hello Everyone,

So i just started WW today...and this past week I found out that I have Celiac Disease. Which is great right ? (note the sarcasm) So all my wonderful muffins and cakes and pastries and cereals and crackers are being said BUH-BYE and in turn..I have to revamp all my recipes and learn to eat Gluten Free... I was just wondering if anyone else on WW is going through the same thing?? And if you found any good recipes or meal ideas?

For breakfast I plan on having White Quinoa with 1/2 bananna and warmed up milk and cinnamon for breaky.
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

I've often wondered if I have some type of gluten intolerance. I feel better when I avoid bread and semolina/whole wheat products. I have been changing over to brown rice pasta, and lowering my gluten intake. Once the gluten products are used up in my kitchen I'm planning on avoiding them. I'm not following weight watchers, but I come across any good gluten free products/recipes I will let you know. By the way if you're interested in brown rice pasta the best I've found is Tinkyada, I see that PC also has their own version, but I haven't tried that yet.
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:54 PM   #3  
Porthardygurl

Wow you've lost a lot of weight!!!

Yah..we have the PC brand of rice pasta..we also carry corn pasta..brown rice pasta...
Old 03-29-2013, 07:42 AM   #4  
Sassafrass

S/C/G: 325/240/175

Height: 5'5"

Port, I'm don't have Celiac's, but I eat very clean. I LOVE Quinoa!!!! You can make "mac and cheese" with Quinoa...mmm....it tastes more like cheesy grits!!!!

This is pretty informative: http://wholegrainscouncil.org/whole-...e-whole-grains

I'm trying to find Teff (but my store's been sold old! ) and buckwheat is pretty tasty too!
SoMuchFattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:07 AM   #5  
Claim it ,Achieve it!

S/C/G: 212/104.2/120

Height: 5'2"

Yep ! Welcome to the Land of overpriced food ! manufactures are making a killing !
Watch out gained weight Gluten free has more calories so check your info.
Food is easily contaminated ....they want you to have separate cookware,dishes and even toaster.
There are varying degrees ....and if you are super sensitive Kiss eating out Good Bye ...unless you don't mind chancing getting Cross Contamination!

The food does not taste the same ....and can I say again Over Prized!!!

Gluten free is no more healthier for you unless You Truly are Needing to be on the diet.
I have a Regional center that gave me a Gift Basket ...with samples...Now I am on their donor list....but they do have a function with vendors ...tickets are a low ,low price of. $250 per ticket...Too pricy for me! Or you can get a table for $2500!
Had a Dietary consult too, attended Seminars where I met people that were Cult like....so I decided to go on my own ...I did not feel I needed to Adopt a New Religion! Some people are Real Zealots and I refuse to live in fear of
everything Hair products to skin care you name it ....It became overload!

So my advice to anyone that does not need to be on the diet just limit your intake and save yourself some money cuz the food is overpriced IMO
Good Luck,Also I bought The Views Elisabeth's Cookbooks and they have some good info and recipes
Roo2
Roo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:04 PM   #6  
Porthardygurl

Thanks for the advice..but unfortunately i don't have a choice..i get uber uber sick if i eat ANYTHING with gluten..the smallest amount makes me sick for hours and the PAIN ...OMG...the Stomach spasms! Not to mention going through a Double role of Toilet Paper in one night...oh Gawd! It is bloody expensive...

Im trying to make my own foods for the most part by scratch...to save money
Old 03-29-2013, 03:16 PM   #7  
Claim it ,Achieve it!

S/C/G: 212/104.2/120

Height: 5'2"

Hugs sweetie wasn't saying you had a choice ...just hate the way people have jumped on the bandwagon like it so Wonderful to be Gluten Free

I wish I was not .....cuz it is soo expensive and a pain in the butt.
After wasting soo much money trying different produces that tasted awful!
If you stay on the diet you will feel better

good luck Roo2
Roo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:03 AM   #8  
Porthardygurl

Thanks Roo2...

We are in this together!! It does suck...I spent 20$ alone on an all purpose GF baking mix that replaces flour so that I can make homemade muffins instead of spending 8$ for 4 muffins... Hopefully i can make bread using that GF flour...cause I would like to be able to eat bread again.. Have you looked at any of the gluten free recipes online through google? I found a nice one that had tasty cinnamon rolls..but i needed the flour first...Thank God Duncan Heinz created Gluten Free cake mixes..so I can have a birthday cake in the future..

Yah im not too sure why its become the latest craze...sheesh...I love me some bread!