Old 04-04-2012, 03:25 PM   #1  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Default Green Giant Health Blends - PP?

So I'm a big fan of the Green Giant Health Blends

If you're not familiar -

http://www.greengiant.com/pages/Prod...px?ProductID=2

The majority of them are ~2 servings per box, and I usually eat both servings as part of lunch/dinner - helps me get my veggies in.

Now, the hard part - figuring out the Points Plus. Yes, the majority of veggies are free, but these have a little bit of sauce on them (usually butter and olive oil based). They range between 80 and 180 calories for the whole box, and I rarely eat the higher calorie ones (just not a fan of those blends).

Has anyone heard of an actual PP number for these (taking into account the free veggies but a little bit of sauce), or should I just keep doing what I've been doing and use the calculator?
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:50 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

I have a bunch of the Green Giant items that have a points plus values printed on the box. I just pulled one out and the number printed on the box is what I get when I plug the nutritional info into the calculator. If it were me, I would use the calculator and the number it gives me rather than trying to figure out points value minus the free veggies since that appears to be what WW did before printing values on some boxes.
Keli10801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:21 PM   #3  
Brighter than the moon!

Yeah, the ones that I have don't have PP+ values on the boxes. It seems to be inconsistent between varieties.

I wasn't trying to subtract free veggies, etc - I just didn't want to be miscounting. I'm a scientist, I like to be exact
Old 04-04-2012, 10:04 PM   #4  
Trying my best

S/C/G: 167.5/150/130

Height: 5'3

Mine already have the PP on the box. Usually 1-2 pp each serving. I believe the higher pp has to do with the sauce and the "type" of veggie it is exactly because I know some veggies do have a huger sugar content when cooked. I could be completely wrong but that is what i have told myself LOL
Tonyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:13 PM   #5  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

If it does not have the pp on the box use the calculator I think that is a safe bet
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:12 AM   #6  
Brighter than the moon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyia View Post
Mine already have the PP on the box. Usually 1-2 pp each serving. I believe the higher pp has to do with the sauce and the "type" of veggie it is exactly because I know some veggies do have a huger sugar content when cooked.
In my observation - if it has beans (edamame or black or navy) it's higher points - because of the higher protein. I usually avoid those anyway because regardless of what they say on the box, they do not keep me fuller longer.