Old 03-20-2012, 04:55 AM   #1  
always meaning to

S/C/G: 268/288/150

Height: 5'7

Default Stalled

I've done pretty good so far but the last month or so I just feel like I've hit a wall. This usually happens to me right around 25 pounds lost and I start going back the other way. How can I stop it this time?? I dont want to go back. I'm at 234 last weigh in and my new mini goal is 225. I want that goal. Gosh I'm so scared I'm going to fall into old habits and screw it all up. I dont want to be fat anymore but right now I feel like I'm slipping. I'm starting to eat a little more, a few extra points here and there and stuff. I mean I have 49 extra a week but I've never used them but once this whole time cuz I've been so scared I would gain if I do. Baah! Why did it have to get hard? It was actually going pretty easy compared to years past. My fears are creeping up on me. I look in the mirror and I dont see much difference. To my eyes I look bigger than ever and it confused me because I've lost over 30 pounds. Then the old thoughts creep back in like you're a failure, you're not going to do it, its the same old thing you always do. I dont want it to be the same thing this time. I just cant fail this time. I'm sick of it. I dont want to be a fat old lady! I'm scared for myself. Dont know how else to put it. Anyone else feel this way?
applestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 193.4 / 133.0 / 120

Height: 5'1

Don't give up!!! Let me tell you, I went through weeks of stalling in my 2 year journey to goal and have been in similar spots. When I stalled, I would try to increase my exercise and eat more "plain" (less processed foods, more fresh fruits/veggies, baked fish/chicken). Go for an extra bike ride, attend a couple more gym classes, etc.

What can you do to switch things up? To rejuvenate your motivation?

If I had given up at any of those stalled moments, I never would've seen the goal line. Don't waste the effort you have already put in in losing 25 lbs to put it back on again...then to start all over again. Now THAT is a time waster!
hle82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:53 AM   #3  
always meaning to

S/C/G: 268/288/150

Height: 5'7

Thanks! Yes I am trying keep in mind that I've done the work to lose this much so far and I have to keep going. I'm just getting scared of failing but I wont give up. I am not giving up this time!
applestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:06 AM   #4  
Pinup extraordinaire!

S/C/G: 273/232.4/165

Height: 5'8"

It's a common misconception that if you eat all your weekly points that you're going to gain weight. It varies from person to person. I find that when I eat all of my weekly points and all of my activity that I lose more weight (I lost 5.2 this week by eating all my points).
Maybe try adding some extra veggies and fruits to your meals so that you're not as hungry! (seems to help a lot of people)

Hope that helps!
tessendicott is offline   Reply With Quote