Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2001, 01:18 AM   #1  

Today in the mail I got an offer to by the WW 15 Minute Cookbook for $19.95. After that, they notify you every 6 months of other WW cookbooks you can buy. Has anyone else gotten this offer and bought the cookbook? I was just looking for some feedback before I bought it. I am always interested in simple cookbooks, especially ones geared toward WW.

Thanks!
Old 02-13-2001, 04:21 AM   #2  

I bought this cookbook a while ago (I can't remember how long I have had it). I think it's ok (but not spectacular). What it is really good for is putting together a meal "after work". They use alot of pre-packaged foods (already cooked chicken, for example) to make things quick and easy. This works ok for me, but sometimes I really like pulling something together without all of the pre-prepared food. I have to use another cookbook for that.

I went through a phase when I bought almost every cookbook that WW published - some I have used more than others. Cooking Light has some really good cookbooks as well (I like to check out the website and get recipies for free).

Hope that helped.

-Kim
Old 02-18-2001, 09:07 PM   #3  

I received the same thing in the mail. I was going to order it and put it in that special place and now I can't find it! Do you still have the phone number? Please pass it on to me!!!

[email protected]

Michelle
Old 02-19-2001, 02:40 AM   #4  

Sorry, Michelle. I decided not to order the cookbook and tossed out all the stuff. I did get a tip from someone at Dottie's site that said you could get the book much cheaper at half.com. If I change my mind about getting the book, I will try there. I think this person said she got it for $13 or so.
Old 02-19-2001, 06:27 AM   #5  

Take it from my experience that once you order a book from them (I believe the company is called Oxmore House) you will be on their list forever. I purchased one their books but wrote them a letter not to send any more. We travel by RV too much and have to depend on only getting mail infrequently. You guessed it, another book. I sent it back with a followup letter immediately and a month later I get a bill in the mail. I'd rather pay a little more at a book store.

------------------

Ann P
Old 03-04-2003, 12:48 PM   #6  

I bought the Oxmoore book. I think it is called Weight Watchers 5 ingredient 15 minute recipes. I LOVE IT (probably because I hate all my other cookbooks). The receipes are simple and tasty and did I say simple? Best of all I have most of the ingredients in the house. I have made the ground beef stroganof (not sure of the spelling there), pizza deep dish cassorole, basil chicken, chicken/spinach torallini soup and much more. Things I like about the cookbook: points are calculated, they give you a shopping list that if you buy you can make over 1/3 of the recipes in the book, they make suggestions as to what to serve with the meal, the receipes are family friendly (my 11 year old son and husband haven't turned down a meal yet!), they don't ask for bizzare ingredients (I remember in one WW book having to call my mother to find out what arugula was).

I would recommend it, especially if you are not into experimenting with food and cooking. Now, I was sent another book after asking them to cancel me but I returned it immediately and haven't heard from them since.

I think WW is coming out with a similar cookbook (it hasn't hit our meeting site yet). A friend lent me another WW cookbook and I am comitted to making these goat cheese herbed stuffed mushrooms for another group meeting but boy is that receipe time consuming! I looked at my Oxmoor book but they don't have any appetizers (I guess I could put that down as a negative).

Anyway - anyone sitting on the fence I would recommend purchasing it.

Eve
Closed Thread