Old 02-23-2012, 02:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 168/159.6/139

Height: 5'6"

Default An introduction

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. I love 3FC! The support here helped me lose 25 pounds a year ago using South Beach. However, as soon as I stopped following, I gained most of the weight back. Each time I restart, I get bored or discouraged. Most recently, I spent 5 weeks eating well on SB and exercising 5x per week at an hour each time and I only lost 3 pounds. Very discouraging. So, what did I do? I quit. So, after 2 weeks of doing nothing I regained the 3 lbs I most recently lost, putting me right back where I was on New Year's day. While SB worked wonderfully for me a year ago, I must acknowledge that it is not working for me longterm, as evidenced by my regain.

So, in hopes of finding a plan I can work with permanently, I joined WW online this morning. I am a bit nervous because I am afraid my daily points will leave me above my calorie level and prevent me from losing. However, I am willing to try it, as I have found in the past that I sometimes go too low with my cals and stop losing. I just want to be healthier and develop more positive associations with food so that I no longer look at each day as a battle where I have an all-or-nothing mentality. And this time, I don't want to regain everything I work so hard to lose (like I did with SB). So hello, and I'm sure you will be hearing more from me!
NicoleInCt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:44 PM   #2  

Height: 5'4"

Welcome! The people here are great and very supportive. I've been here over a year, down 15, back up 20. I'm still trying to figure it out! I've done ww about 13 times, hoping one of these times it sticks with me! I did low carb, counting calories and now back to ww because i feel it's the best way of eating healthy for me. We can do this
pointspluspioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:13 AM   #3  

Thanks! I hope I can make a permanent change this time. It's so discouraging to regain after a great loss. Since I'm not eliminating anything completely from my diet, maybe WW will help with permanent changes and weight loss.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:30 PM   #4  
Pinup extraordinaire!

S/C/G: 273/232.4/165

Height: 5'8"

Welcome!
I hope WW works for you. I've done the meetings and loved them, but now am doing online because it's cheaper.
I have lost 37 pounds thus far in about 4 months. I absolutely love everything about WW.
I would like to say that WW is meant to be a lifestyle change not a diet. So hopefully you can take some comfort in that.
What I love so much is you can still eat pretty much anything you want as long as you aren't gorging on it. For instance, I'm about to eat a cupcake.
heh.
I hope you enjoy the program and welcome back to 3FC!
tessendicott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 11:10 AM   #5  

I agree that the lifestyle change is key, especially since I have a tendency to give up the whole day if I have one thing "off plan." Since nothing is off plan with WW, I am hoping I will change my mindset. Yesterday I wanted a bowl of pasta and a cookie, so I ate them, and still stayed within my points. I didn't feel like a guilty failure, so that was lovely!