Old 02-01-2012, 11:10 AM   #1  
Up and at 'em...again!

S/C/G: 203.4/170.4/140.0

Height: 5'0"

Default Has anyone become a WW leader after reaching goal?

I've been thinking lately that I might like to become a WW leader once I reach goal (I still have 28 pounds to go.) Has anyone here become a leader once they reached goal? I do plan to ask my leader about it at my meeting tonight but I just wondered if anyone here could shed any light on the process.
Snoofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:51 AM   #2  
Losin' it in SacTown!

S/C/G: 230/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

I hear it's really hard :-( My friend was really successful on WW and she wanted to be a leader and I guess they informed her that if she gained anything over her 5lb margin, she wouldn't get to be a leader anymore! I would ask your leader what the stipulations are.
bandit bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:55 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 270/230/165

Height: 5'9"

I have a friend who's on the leader track, I guess. You have to start by being a receptionist, and then I think there's training to become a leader.
jennyplain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:19 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 192/134/127

Height: 5'3.75"

I think it depends on where you are, and what type of franchise it is.
moviegrl1737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:28 PM   #5  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

I had a client who became a leader. She really enjoyed it, and loved getting out and helping others. GOod luck to you, I am sure you would be good at it.
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:01 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

I was just hired last week to be a Leader after hitting my goal. I start my in center training next week and I have to attend a 3 day conference in the near future. I know that I will get the receptionist training also, but I was told that I will not be a receptionist unless it is absolutely needed for staffing reasons (a slew of people just hit goal and have been hired as receptionists)and I am being hired directly into a Leader position. I wish I had more info for you right now, but I can try to keep you posted. It's worth checking in to with your leader. At my center they have informal sessions you can attend every few months to get general info on and ask questions about working for WW. You might want to see if they are offered in your area, too.
Keli10801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:56 AM   #7  
Up and at 'em...again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviegrl1737 View Post
I think it depends on where you are, and what type of franchise it is.
I live in a (very) rural area, and our particular WW location is the only one within a 200-mile radius. There are only two leaders (who also double as receptionists because they don't have enough staff to have separate leaders AND receptionists.) If, for some reason, both leaders are unavailable for meetings (which happens on a somewhat regular basis because both leaders work out of town and, well, it's winter here, so the weather often contributes to them being *stuck* out of town) then we don't have a meeting. I have a feeling I'd have a pretty good chance of getting a leader position, so I'm pretty hopeful about that.

Thanks for your input!
Old 02-02-2012, 08:59 AM   #8  
Up and at 'em...again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit bear View Post
I hear it's really hard :-( My friend was really successful on WW and she wanted to be a leader and I guess they informed her that if she gained anything over her 5lb margin, she wouldn't get to be a leader anymore! I would ask your leader what the stipulations are.
Hmmm. Well, I mean, once you get to Lifetime status, if you go two pounds over or under your goal weight you have to pay for your meeting that week anyway, so I'd really be striving to stay within that two-pound margin anyhow. So I guess I can kind of see how, if you gained a certain amount of weight you wouldn't be able to hold your position as a leader...but that sounds a bit harsh. I'll definitely check with my leader about the specifications.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:06 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 202.8/see ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

I know that, for myself, I would like to become a leader. However, I know that realistically I don't have the time in my life for it. So, what I did during my journey was to post my weekly weigh-ins on Facebook. Got lots of support from my friends. As my weight started going down, I have several people message me that they were inspired by my journey, and joined WW themselves. I check in with all of them, answer questions, and just give them any support they might need. So, while I don't have time to be an "official" leader, there are other ways you can help people out!
SkineeMinnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:42 PM   #10  
Losin' it in SacTown!

That's what I told her. I'm like "What if you get pregnant or something? Are they going to make you step down as a leader?"

Plus, 2 lbs isn't a huge fluctuation. You could gain two lbs in a day depending on water weight. Or what if you get diagnosed with a health condition that causes you to gain a few lbs? That's the issues I had with lifetime status and becoming a leader. I'm glad I do it online. I have hypothyroidism, in fact, no thyroid at all due to cancer, and I could gain 2 lbs in a day and lose it the next due to natural fluctuations. Two lbs is such a small amount of weight in the larger scope.

At Jenny Craig, I know it's within 10 lbs up or down (or is it 5? Can't remember) of your goal weight to maintain and get half of your initial start-up fee back.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:37 PM   #11  
Pinup extraordinaire!

S/C/G: 273/232.4/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoofie View Post
Hmmm. Well, I mean, once you get to Lifetime status, if you go two pounds over or under your goal weight you have to pay for your meeting that week anyway, so I'd really be striving to stay within that two-pound margin anyhow. So I guess I can kind of see how, if you gained a certain amount of weight you wouldn't be able to hold your position as a leader...but that sounds a bit harsh. I'll definitely check with my leader about the specifications.
According to my leader they make everyone, not just leaders do their monthly weigh in and they have to be within the 5 pound range or they can fire you on the spot because they want you to be a great example for others.
tessendicott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:53 PM   #12  
Losin' it in SacTown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessendicott View Post
According to my leader they make everyone, not just leaders do their monthly weigh in and they have to be within the 5 pound range or they can fire you on the spot because they want you to be a great example for others.
See, that's the one thing I don't agree with WW on. I think it places way too much emphasis on weight and not on living healthfully, because your weight will fluctuate a tad. I can understand being put on leave if you gain a whole bunch, but on me, 5 lbs looks like nothing. You wouldn't even be able to tell unless you weighed me. What if you depend on that job? To me, being a good example for others is living and eating healthfully, not necessarily staying within your initial goal weight.