Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 06:19 AM   #1  
Made of Starstuff

Wink WW Weekly Chit Chat: 2/6 - 2/12

Hello everyone! Welcome to WW Weekly Chit Chat!

This is a thread for any and all WW users to get to know each other. To talk about their days or weeks. Whether it's plan-related or not. Just a comfy area to chat about things in general. Grab a chair, pick up a cup of hot tea or coffee and relax with everyone!

Please join in at any time

Last edited by Lovely; 02-06-2012 at 06:19 AM.
Old 02-06-2012, 06:30 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Morning!

Anga - I'm sorry you had the setback. BUT, I love that list of accomplishments! Not giving up is absolutely #1! No matter what. And congrats on going to the gym and taking that run!

Nancy
- Did you have fun on the elliptical while watching the game?

Chele - I'm sure that you chose better Even so, our bodies are so weird! If you had anything unusual or even just a little more than you're used to the body could be showing a very temporary gain. It will go away. It will be gone soon enough. (Oh, and I'm sorry about the Pats. I was hoping to see that they'd won this morning when I read my news.)

Everyone
-

My sleep has been off something fierce. Hopefully this coffee and a solid day on plan will put me on the right path.

I'm itching to go out and do something. Like plan a hike or go to a movie or something. I think I'm feeling a little... what's that saying... stir crazy.

Anywho, I hope everyone has a good Monday and a great week
Old 02-06-2012, 08:08 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 316/288/210

Height: 5'4"

Anga - 1 minute is a GREAT accomplishment. Be prous of all of your accomplishments, they are steps in the right direction!

I will admit that i was off plan for most of last week, which ended in a kitchen full of food I shouldn't have eaten last night. I climbed back on the wagon this morning (albeit slowly). This bit of a plateau that I have hit is really doing a number on my resolve, but I am gonna get past it. I start a new Zumba class tonight, which will up me to three classes a week, but now I have to really work on getting my work outs in on the other four days. I just don't enjoy the treadmill the way I enjoy my zumba classes.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:01 AM   #4  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

Height: 5'5"

I wanted to lose 0.8 lbs today so I could hit 60. I ended up losing 3 1/2 and am down 62.6! That goal of 60 has been there for almost three months so I'm so excited! I set some rewards for myself a few weeks ago and for this I get a mani/ipedi

I've also decided I want to add to my yoga routine. I looked at the (free) rec centers in my area and found one nearby that has an indoor pool and weight room so I might check them out on my day off on Friday.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:04 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 192/134/127

Height: 5'3.75"

Hi all, I am retaining water big time. This always happens when I have something salty. I once read in one of the weeklys that if you eat foods with potassium it helps eliminate the excess water. I've tried it but I'm not sure it works.
Anyone have good water retention advise?

Tudor - Congrats on hitting 60 that's amazingly awesome!
Old 02-06-2012, 01:18 PM   #6  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Lovely I know what that stir crazy feeling is like...yesterday we had a rare sunny day and I had to get out. I did not end up at the gym during the superbowl like I planed but I did go but felt tired for some reason and did not get my full 60 min in I just did not have the ooph.

SocialDeimos Zumba is so much fun! and I don't blame you for the treadmill I don't like them either

Tudor what can I say but holly molly! you rock you keep me inspired to keep going even when I don't feel like it

moviegrl1737 I have no clue how to get rid of water retention other than to keep drinking lots of water

Today I am feeling that low energy thing again like yesterday and it is making me crazy. I am eating right, drinking my water and still just feel weak and run down....I am sure I will snap out of it

This week my youngest daughter comes for a visit (so excited been 2 years) but this throws off my routine at the gym and hopefully not my eating.

Its a wonder I have lost anything these past 3 weeks lol with travel and visiting.

Everyone have a super duper Monday
Old 02-06-2012, 02:33 PM   #7  
This is for life!

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/136

Height: 5'3"

Angry Up 10 lbs.

Arrrgh! So angry at myself. Last year I lost 40 lbs - up until October at which time I just started coasting. I finally stepped on the scale this morning and I've gained 10. I knew it just by the way my pants were getting snug - but haven't had the motivation to do anything about it. Blah. What is wrong with me???
Old 02-06-2012, 05:37 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

Motivation is such a tricky thing!!! Very fickle and is definitely not always there. You just have to believe in yourself that you can do it and just do it!!! We're here for support and cheerleading if need be

I went to the dentist this afternoon to fix up one of my crowns and I ended up swallowing the stupid thing while the dentist was making it fit correctly. Leave it to me!!! haha But they made me a new/temporary crown and it actually fits so much better than the original one did! haha But my mouth is killing me and I just want it to stop being numb!
Old 02-07-2012, 10:06 AM   #9  
Work in Progress

Hang in there Gwen you did the hard part by just getting on the scale and facing the gain. We are here for you

Chele LOL I am so sorry you swallowed your crown but it sounds like it was a good thing.

Well I went to the gym last night for my usual routine. At this gym I can have one free personal training session each month. Anyway I did not use it last month my schedule was too crazy so I went to set it up last night and my trainer made the comment that "I can tell you have been working hard you have lost a lot of weight" now that was a complement. Of course he had no free time to work me in at the time I needed and said he would grab me if one of his regulars did not show but heck I think I have done alright without him
Old 02-07-2012, 10:52 AM   #10  
girl disappearing

Nothing is wrong with you, Gwen! We've all been there Motivation is tricky and something I constantly have to work on. In find a lot of motivation in quotes, like A Year From Now You'll Wish You Had Started Today and Do Something Today That Your Future Self Will Thank You For.

But it's so important that you stepped on the scale! That shows that you're not ready to give up! We're here for you!
Old 02-07-2012, 06:59 PM   #11  

I'm confused. what happened to my post? I know it was there - 2 of you responded to it. did I do something wrong to cause it to be deleted? :-(

Anyway... moving on...

Socialdiemos - good job hopping back on the wagon!

Tudor Rose - you're lucky to have free rec centers near you. I was looking at the ones near me earlier and nothing was fre - not even reasonably priced. I was still tempted by the aqua zumba classes though.

I really would like to find some type of class to go to that didn't require me to go through the whole joining a gym thing. Where my niece lives they have spinning classes that you pay per class. No member fee or joining fee not automatic debit for payment or anything like that. I wish there was a place like that here.
Old 02-08-2012, 06:32 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

Anga - I wonder if maybe your post ended the Weekly Chat from last week and the 2 people who responded to it just brought the response over from that thread?

I got the sweetest message on Facebook from one of my former students yesterday. She sent me a note saying that she saw me at the gym and didn't want to interrupt my workout, but wanted to say how proud she was of me and that I looked great. How cute is that?!?! LOL I seriously have some of the best kids (I teach high school special education...mainly kids with learning disabilities).
Old 02-08-2012, 09:27 AM   #13  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

I really want to thank folks for some of the posts I have been reading, about dealing with hunger after points are done, and finding better or free choices for food.
One of my big challenges with any eating plan is my crazy schedule. I work on call a lot, so even with fairly careful planning, I can get thrown off and have to eat from fast food places. As a pre-diabetic, I need to eat regularly though, and carefully so my blood sugar doesn't get crazy high or low. I did atkins for a couple of years, but after a long plateau and getting my sugars under control, decided to try ww. Its working well so far, but this was the first really challenging work situation. I packed a good meal yesterday when I left the house, and had that for lunch, worked the afternoon, and just before I got home where DH had planned a healthy supper, I was called out again, in a hurry.
The small town where I was had few choices. In the end, I chose a single slice of pizza, single cheese, no meat, lots of veggies, thin crust. WW says that 5 points, but I counted 10 since it was a large slice. That did my points for the day, and I didn't want to go over points since I had gone over on the weekend and used most of my weeklies.
So I got home in the evening, and needed my bedtime snack. I need a carby snack before bed to keep my sugars even overnight, and I was still hungry not having had a filling supper.
I realized I could have a fruit salad for free, and did spend a couple of points on a glass of low fat milk. I had quite a bit of fruit.
Was quite satisfying.
I don't know that I would have thought that way without the conversations here. It was really helpful, and I was happy to be able to avoid "cheating" and being able to eat as well as possible, given the circumstances.
The scale gave me positive feedback today, so this plan is working for me. With careful choices, my blood sugars are still stable, and I am starting to lose weight nicely.
Thanks to everyone.
Old 02-08-2012, 01:48 PM   #14  
Work in Progress

Well chickies I am so excited my baby daughter is flying in today and going to stay for 5 days. I have not seen her in almost 2 years! I just hope I am able to stay on plan with her. I know I will not get to the gym the next two days since I have to pick her up at the airport tonight during my normal gym time and tomorrow is a family dinner out ugh!

I know I will survive but still........
Old 02-08-2012, 03:40 PM   #15  
girl disappearing

So it's that Time o' Month for me and all I want is chocolate and greasy food. Some of my coworkers and I are going out bowling on Friday and the place has food and I was looking at the menu and thought "okay, I can get a veggie burger and fries and ohmygosh look at those desserts." And right now I kinda just want to go raid the vending machine even though my very yummy and healthy dinner is only an hour or so away.

I usually eat all of my APs (I earn about 20 a week) and none of my weeklies. Even when I eat my weeklies, I have it set to only use 25 instead of the default 49. It's so weird, but it's been so long since I ate my weeklies, I'm actually kind of nervous about doing it. Which is silly, I mean they are there for a reason, hello.
Closed Thread