Old 01-23-2012, 11:25 PM   #1  
CB

S/C/G: 217.6/195.6/145

Height: 5'5

Default Ehhhhk.

I love my friends but they really make this difficult. Tonight we went to a new Greek place, and I had planned out my food ahead of time using the menu and nutrition information. I did get what I had planned which was "only" ten points (I don't trust it so I tracked it as 20+). We ended up getting frozen yogurt after wards because, at that point, the defeatist attitude had already kicked in. "Already messed up that much, might as well keep it going." I know we've all had days like this, but I just wanted to type it up because I want nights like this to be exceptions. I worry that I'm not strong enough.
It was a special occasion since once girl was in town for a job interview and I haven't seen her in a month, but that doesn't excuse all the positive steps I had been taking up to this point.
I did track everything, so at the very least I can see where it fits into the pattern of the week. I just feel like I blew so much progress. As I've felt -- and often read-- before, it wasn't even worth it. I was even thinking before we left that my health is worth sacrificing a few moments of flavor, but I fall into the same trap in social situations.
Conversely, if I avoid them or don't go out at all, I'll just get petulant and annoyed and give up on the plan. I know it works if I follow it, but I'm afraid that I can't for the long run.

But we all fall down, and tomorrow's a new day.
surfinqssr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:58 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

One of the hardest things I've had to learn to do... and, in fact, am still learning to do... is to "let go" of the mistakes.

I am not a mistake. I am not worse for choosing to eat food, nor am I better. It's like choosing to wear a purple shirt instead of the green one. Sure, maybe it's better if I wore the green one, but I didn't. Tomorrow I'll wear the thing I want to wear.

I cannot stress just how wonderful the healthy things you did were: You tracked it. You were paying attention. You are getting it off your chest, and yes. Tomorrow is a new day.

These are skills that are going to take you to your goals.

Learn from these choices. Adapt your plans for the next time. But, don't you ever think poorly of yourself on this journey. You are doing good things for yourself.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:30 AM   #3  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

Height: 5'5"

It DOES happen to all of us, don't worry But the important thing is you tracked it and came here for support and help! That's what we are all here for!

You CAN do it, you just have to be patient with yourself and forgive yourself when necessary. Eating out while on plan is possible, but it takes some practice and, yes, some mistakes along the way.

Tomorrow is a new day and the day after that is a new day, too. You can do this and we're here to help
Tudor Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:52 AM   #4  
CB

S/C/G: 217.6/195.6/145

Height: 5'5

Thank you guys. Today is already an improvement. I just needed to remind myself not to give up. Next time, I will be better prepared.
surfinqssr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:33 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 248/167/150

Height: 5'6

There are many occasions that i also get faced with. Getting invited out with friends, pot luck suppers at work, going to my families for dinner, celebrating a special occasion or a holiday with family. It seems like a never ending thing, and once you get over one of them, there will be another right around the corner. But, you can do it. Dont beat yourself up girl, you have no need to feel guilty for what you ate. Tomorrow is another day. You tracked it, thats all you can do. I dread all these special food days, but i try to prepare myself. I try to eat something like a nice salad or some fruits close to when i meet up with people and then try to just make the best choices i can. If i am not starving when i get there then i am less likely to over stuff my plate with goodies.

one day at a time chick, you will do it. Dont beat yourself up. You got this.
mercuryblue is offline   Reply With Quote