Old 12-11-2011, 10:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 161.4/145/130

Height: 5'5"

Default I don't want to weigh myself

Hey everyone.

So I have been struggling since the beginning of October. I got down to 142 and have bounced up to 145 and can't seem to get back on the losing train. I haven't been to my WW meeting in 2 weeks and I DO NOT want to weigh myself! I'm afraid of what the scale will say.

I need motivation!
Proatthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:35 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

When you don't want to go to meeting... that is when you need it most.

When you don't want to weigh yourself... that is when you need to most.

How will avoiding meetings and not weighing yourself stop you from being on this spiral? I assure you that avoiding getting on the scale doesn't stop the numbers from going up, it just leaves you blind to it.

Don't do this to yourself. Go to meeting. Get up on the scale. No judgements. Just do it. You'll be back to your healthier habits and you'll be able to put this time behind you.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:39 PM   #3  

Height: 5'6"

Could not agree more with Lovely. This is the time when you need to get weighed, when you NEED a meeting. I've been there, but I tell myself, getting weighed and having a number in front of me makes it a FRESH START and a chance to get myself back on track and begin again. We ALL stumble and struggle with weight loss, but the most important part is picking yourself up when you fall. You can do it.
Cammie-Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 04:09 AM   #4  

S/C/G: SW 268/ CW 202.4/ GW 150

Height: 5'1

Go!

I'm right there with you lady. I've had a horrible month or two... just stuck. Working out hard but eating crap.

Go to your meeting, weigh in and then pick yourself up and move on. You can do it.
patchymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 05:31 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 222/ 168/ STG 160/ LTG 145

Height: 5'4"

I'm right there with ya, too, Pro (and Patchy).. I've been doing horribly for weeks, even after finally busting my plateau. I'm eating WAY too much food, and pretty much stopped exercising 1.5 weeks ago. I've already gained back 5 or more, I'm not even sure, I haven't weighed-in, in 2 days. It feels so HARD this go around, to stop eating all the crap.. I'm craving sweets like crazy, which triggers eating something salty. My skin looks HORRIBLE right now because of all the crap I'm putting in my body. BUT, I think I found some motivation- I've scheduled a family photo-shoot for next week, and even tho I hate having my picture taken , it'll be the first time in 9 years we've had our pics taken together. I just need a good kick in the pants. So here's yours.. go to a meeting, get yourself weighed in, and restart your commitment to yourself. My new favorite saying is, "A year from now you'll wish you had started today". *big hug* Now get out there and do it!

Last edited by girlsenberry; 12-12-2011 at 05:32 AM.
girlsenberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 10:07 AM   #6  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

Proatthis, first :

You can do it! Just go to the meeting, ask you leader to not tell you your weight, if it helps you.

But just go... it can only help you.

You still done so much so far, don't let yourself down for a few pounds, it's normal to have some hard moments. Hold on in here
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:47 PM   #7  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'4"

I didn't want to weigh myself after a vacation and then not really following the plan for 2 weeks, but I knew I had to make myself do it. I was surprisingly not upset to see I'd gained back 3 lbs. Just gotta get back on track and not worry about it.
BettyBooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 08:50 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 161.4/145/130

Thank you everyone for your support and advice. I really appreciate it!

I got up this morning did a short 3.5k run and when I got home I weighed myself!!!!!

I am up 3.5 pounds in the two weeks I haven't weighed myself. I will go to my WW meeting this Saturday I promise. You guys are all so right. The longer I avoid it the worse it gets.

Also hugs to patchy and girlsenberry I'm sorry to hear you guys are struggling with this too. But together we can succeed! You all have given me the motivation and kick in the butt that i needed. Thanks. So much
Proatthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 11:22 PM   #9  
pursuer of joy

S/C/G: 198/170ish/160-???

Height: 5.6 on a tall day

Hi all. I'm baaaaaaack. LOL I just wanted to add something to this discussion. During the late summer I went to a WW meeting in town with a fabulous leader. She was downright inspirational and it was easy to tell that she was well-liked by the rapport she had going on. Anyhow, she talked about whatever the scheduled topic was, then she went further.

She gave a speech and flip board demo of "stop drop and roll" like what you're told to do when you're on fire to put yourself out.

STOP what you're doing. You're behavior is counterproductive.
DROP into a meeting. Get the support you need now especially.
ROLL with the punches.

Its a reality check, and then you move on. You get it off your chest and unburden yourself. Thus, you're more likely to walk out of there with some tools and a more positive attitude and understanding of why you're in your own way.....and you roll with it. No judgment. Its all good.

Stop drop and roll. Put out the fire. Knowing you're not alone, that you didn't invent diet failure, that you're amongst friends and like-minded folks, and that HELP is sometimes just a meeting away goes far to helping you get back on track.

That's all. I miss ya!
124chicksinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 11:22 AM   #10  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Thanks 124Chicksinger that post is terrific! So simple but a powerful message
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote