Old 12-18-2011, 07:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 132/132/125

Height: 5'5"

Default Can somebody please explain the points

I'm a little confused....
I weigh 131 - my points are 26 (lowered from 29).... 6 pounds to goal ...
Sis joined on Saturday ...she weigh 194 ...but her points are also 26 ... I would think her points range would be a little higher....
can anyone explain...I have not been losing on the pp plan ..wondering if my points are too high?
Iluvfudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 07:41 PM   #2  
Less of a Better Me

26 is the minimum. I weighed about 194 when PP came out and my points were 29 at the time (would probably be 29 now). Your sister can if she wants move her points up to 27, 28, or 29. The plan does not allow the minimum to be below 26 daily points. However, you can lower your Weekly points to anything between 0 and 49. Someone eating say 26 points with 0 weekly points versus someone setting their daily points at 29 points with 49 weekly points would allow a lot of variation between the two.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 10:35 PM   #3  

Height: 5'6"

May be age. Height. Those are a few reasons you both have different points.
Cammie-Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 12:25 AM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

Age, height and a few other factors may be playing into how your sister and you ended up with the same number of points.

As mentioned, 26 is the very minimum number of points per day now. However, you both might want to look into how they can be adjusted daily.

Did your sister automatically go to the lowest number of points? Or did she see that there's now a points range that she's able to experiment with?

She might find she's able to eat more points per day or even eat her weekly points and activity points while still losing depending on her situation.

The changes to the plan have only happened in the last couple of weeks, so you very recently were changed to 26 points. Along with giving it some time to see how 3 fewer points per day helps you with the scale, you'll have to be mindful of how many weekly points you're using and see if more or fewer of them help you.

Being so close to goal, you have a smaller margin of error with your points. It's why it can be harder for those who have less to lose. That being said, keep at it and keep experimenting. Your body will show results in time.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote