Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 10:08 AM   #1  
Made of Starstuff

Arrow WW MM Challenge! Nov/Dec Week 1 & Goal Setting!

This is the NEW MM Challenge! Everyone is welcome to participate!

Welcome to the WW MM Challenge Week 1 & Goal Setting thread!

This challenge is running from November 1st through December 31st.

The MM stands for two months!

Rules: It’s all easy, folks.

Pick a goal, any goal and tell us about it!
They don’t have to be specifically weight-related, but they certainly can be. Whatever goals you make, big or small they’re all good.

We’ll post a new thread every Monday for the new week. Simply update everyone on how you’re doing at any point that week, or even multiple points that week.

This is a very loose challenge. Not everyone weighs in on the same day, nor will we all have the same goals, so it’s incredibly flexible for all participants. Don’t worry about doing it exactly the same as someone else is, just join in and talk about how you’re doing.

The last week, we’ll have a final update thread for everyone to let us know how they’ve done overall.

So… Stop reading already and post your goals to join us!

We have TWO WHOLE MONTHS to make changes during this challenge and encourage each other in our efforts. Let's get to it!

---

SPREADSHEET LINK!

To join us on the spreadsheet, just choose an empty row and enter your name, starting weight & goal weight. Then once each week update with your weigh-in. The spreadsheet handles the rest!

Again, the spreadsheet is purely optional for those of us who like to see how we've done as a group.

PS - Thanks to Turbo, because she set up the original layout for the spreadsheet.

Last edited by Lovely; 11-02-2011 at 02:13 AM.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:11 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

This time of year can be super crazy. Surrounded by a bunch of junk. All sorts of temptations. And it's a slippery slope...

Upfront: I've had a wretched... week or 10 days. Poor decisions. And I'm ready to put it all behind me and continue working, striving for the next two months to not allow food to control me so much.

I don't have a particular weight-related goal right now.

Here's what I want to work on:

Exercise daily.
More fruits & vegetables.
Track every bite.

Focusing for the first couple weeks on those fundamentals. I'll come back and add a goal weight if I think I need one.

Best of luck, everyone!
Old 10-31-2011, 10:39 AM   #3  

I'd like to join in for November and December. I'm at the top of my goal and I'd like to lose just 3 pounds in those 2 months. I'm having foot surgery November 23 (day before Thanksgiving) and will be wheelchair and crutches bound for at least 4 weeks and maybe longer. I love the gym so this is going to be really difficult but I'll swallow my pride and do chair yoga and silversneakers exercise class for those weeks and I'll still be able to do the upper body strength machines. I'm really going to watch my eating with all that sitting.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:59 AM   #4  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

I am so in!

I'm loosing a bit slower than I used too, so I'm gonna set my goal at 5 pounds to loose by the end of December. That would bring me in the 140's and I'd be thrilled to be able to loose them!

My exercice goals are to go running 3 times a week... even if now it's starting to be hard on me. It's getting kinda cold and I have to get use to it. On saturday I forgot my gloves and my fingers were killing me LOL.

For exercice, I'd also like to push it to 10k by the end of december Adding 3 more kilometers is going to be a HUGE challenge for me :S

yayayayay we can do that Go ladies!
Old 10-31-2011, 10:59 AM   #5  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

Height: 5'5"

I'm at 49 lbs right now and I leave for Vegas on November 11th. My weigh ins are Monday.

I would love to 1) hit 50 lbs next Monday and 2) not gain while in Vegas. If that means maintaining, I'm totally okay with that.

Right now those are the only goals I'm focused on
Old 10-31-2011, 11:42 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/130

Height: 5 foot

I'm in! I've had a goal on my own to have lost my first 10% by Christmas so that's my goal...To get to my first 10%. I'll know where I stand at weigh in tomorrow, but as of last Monday I was down 6.6 so that's 15 pounds.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:48 PM   #7  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

I am in again too!

I would like to be down 8lbs by the end of December

I just joined the gym and for exercise I want to continue to go min of 5 days a week with a goal of 7. I also need to mix up my workouts

The big goal though is to be out of a size 12 and into some of my size 10 clothes. I am so tired of the one pair of jeans I am wearing now
Old 10-31-2011, 01:18 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 267/230.5/161

Height: 5"8

I would like to partake in the challenge!
My goal for December 31 is to be 16 lbs lighter. I would like to reach my goal of 230lbs. It would also mean that I would no longer be in the OBESE 2 category..yikes..but down to Obese 1.
Another goal is to start attending group fitness classes. I have been walking for my exercise since I started WW at the end of July. Time to up the fitness and tone up
Old 10-31-2011, 02:25 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 295.6/ticker/140-130

Height: 5'3"

I'm in. Like Lovely, I've had a horrible month probably with eating what i wanted (and selectively tracking) and being plus/minus on the gym.
My goals are to get out of the 230s (i've seen them for 2 months, its time they go away), to track everything (so far, so good today) and to try out a new routine at the gym--i want to add kettlebells to my elliptical time.
This came in at just the right time, thanks! Offician WI is Wed, will put my weight in the tracker then
Old 10-31-2011, 03:30 PM   #10  
Go Blue!

S/C/G: 286.8/180.6/145

Me too me too!

I am determined to lose 12 lbs by the end of the year. That would put me at 199.8 and ringing in the New Year in onederland.

Other goals... are kind of hard to set right now. I had running/walking x3 last time as a goal but ended up laid up from that by an overuse injury. Went to the dr about it today, just to see how long I should wait til I start up again, and was referred to physical therapy. No idea what the outlook will be for now til that's all sorted out. Just trying to deal with the insurance and whatnot at the moment so not even sure when I'll start going.

In the meantime I am out of spin and running and instead doing elliptical and rowing for most of my cardio (but got the go-ahead to try spin again after being on the anti-inflammatories for a few days), but just not as excited about them as the stuff I was doing. The peppy voice in my head keeps reminding me that shaking things up in my workout routine though can be a GOOD thing.
Old 10-31-2011, 04:24 PM   #11  
Doing something for me!

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/125-135

Height: 5'4"

OK! Count me in again...only this time I swear I am gonna stick with it lol! Things in my life are settling down so maybe everything will go better now...I want to be in the 160's by end of December even if it's just 169.9!
Old 10-31-2011, 05:22 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/175

Count me in again too!

My goals (especially getting into the holidays) is to lose 15 lbs and work out 3 times a week. This time of the year is always very crazy with work (I work for a bakery/grocery store), school (finals), and just life in general since I split the holidays between my father in-laws and my parents (3 hours away in good non-snowy weather)!!
Old 10-31-2011, 07:43 PM   #13  
Less of a Better Me

Weight loss goals are always difficult for me as my body seems to do what it wants and I often lose slowly.

I sort of wanted to chose several goals:

1. Get into the 150s. I have a decent shot at this -- would need to lose about .5 a week to get there and I've been averaging about .7 a week.

2. The actual goal I put on the spreadsheet - 155.4. That would be the lowest weight I've been at during the past 18 years. Basically the lowest I've been since I was pregnant with my son (he is 17 now). Also, it would mean a total of 50 pounds lost since going back to WW last August. This would require about 1 pound a week loss. So difficult for me but maybe possible.

3. Get down to where I don't have to pay for meetings. That is, be at no more than 2 pounds above goal. I could do that if I averaged a 2 pound a week loss. Not happening....

On a non-weight front, I've ordered a Concept2 indoor rowing machine and want to use it 6 days a week working up to 1 hour a day. Probably start at about half an hour and work up to the full hour.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:09 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

I'm definitely going to join again for November/December!!! It was nice having something to keep me accountable during the last challenge. I added my name into the spreadsheet with my goal weight and will put my starting weight in there tomorrow. We haven't had power since Saturday night and the last thing I wanted to do was not be wearing 290821 layers

Weight-wise, I would like to be 175 by Christmas.
I want to continue with my jogging at the gym.
Finally, I really want to be more vocal/involved in the weekly threads. Life got busy as school started up and I weighed in every week, but didn't have time to be as involved as I wanted to be.

Last edited by Chele615; 10-31-2011 at 09:10 PM.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:12 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 161.4/145/130

I'm in too. My goal is to lose 8 pounds. I will weigh 139!!!

Exercise goals are to do some kind of exercise 3 times a week. My life is so hectic right now. But I need to make my diet and exercise a priority.
Closed Thread