Old 10-24-2011, 10:13 PM   #1  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Default Help with recipes

Hello all,

Is there anywhere on the internet (besides the WW e-tools) that can help you figure how many points plus are in a recipe? My membership is about to expire and I am going to have to continue what I have learned on my own. I will miss the recipe feature on the e-tools ~ where you could put in the ingredients and it would help you know how many points plus were in a serving from a recipe.

Thank you for your help.
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:35 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 168/168/140

Height: 5'5

Do you have a android type smart phone? There are a couple of great apps that will do this and more than the WW web site does. pm me if you need names.
Dee74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:41 PM   #3  
Want to feel better

Dee ~ do you have to be a weight watchers member to get those apps? Is there a cost to them? I don't have that type of phone, but I think my son has some kind of andriod thing. Maybe he would get it on his phone and help me. I was kind of hoping to find something free. One can hope
Old 10-24-2011, 10:44 PM   #4  
Want to feel better

The Spark people (spark recipes area) has a feature that lets you do the recipes ~ and gives you all the numbers I think that would let you plug the info into the points plus calculator, but with some of the foods being zero points ~ I'm not sure putting a recipe in there would give the points plus accuratly.
Old 10-25-2011, 11:32 AM   #5  

What you are asking for is proprietary information for WW and it would be illegal for others to provide it.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 04:53 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynne View Post
Dee ~ do you have to be a weight watchers member to get those apps? Is there a cost to them? I don't have that type of phone, but I think my son has some kind of andriod thing. Maybe he would get it on his phone and help me. I was kind of hoping to find something free. One can hope
No, you do not have to be a member. I am using this and the books I got online. I did the online E tools for a month and hated how it is laid out and the site is not user friendly, but it is what you get used to.

The app is $1.49 one time purchase but will be a pain trying to use your son's phone unless he is home. I like the app better than the WW e tools and is easier to use, I love it. Look for point plus diary or tracker for android apps to see what it looks like. There is a little video of the screens. There are several out there just look at them all and see what you like, none of them are more than $5.Good luck gal.

Last edited by Dee74; 10-25-2011 at 05:09 PM.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:04 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterInVA View Post
What you are asking for is proprietary information for WW and it would be illegal for others to provide it.
The information is out there for the finding. If WW wanted to prosecute they have plenty of folks who write software to go after. And many Ebay sellers who sell all the materials,calculators and weeklies and they have never shut them down. I don't think they bother because folks who buy and use these apps go buy WW books, cookbooks and WW food it is all $$ in their pocket. If they were so proprietary, where do all these folks who sell online get their items to sell?
Also many don't like to go it alone and may start "at home" and end up joining and going to meetings. In this economy they are starting to price themselves out of the reach of many, myself included.

In my case I started meetings on a weekly with E tools and bought the members kit, calculator and foods. 3 weeks later my hours were reduced a lot, so $40 plus a month had to go no matter how much I wanted to keep it. So I started searching and found everything I needed to continue. I did just buy the Complete Cookbook and got a free one year of the mag. I do buy WW products every grocery trip so they are not getting as much of my $$ but they are still getting some.

Last edited by Dee74; 10-25-2011 at 10:08 PM.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:38 PM   #8  
Up and at 'em...again!

S/C/G: 203.4/170.4/140.0

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterInVA View Post
There are plenty of recipe websites online that will provide the nutritional information for recipes (fat, carbs, protein, fibre), that will allow a user to calculate the points themselves.

There are also plenty of websites that will flat out provide a user with the points in a given recipe.

My understanding of the OP's question was that she was asking if anyone knew of any websites that gave the info necessary to calculate points. There's no need to be snarky about it, especially it's ridiculously easy to work out the points on one's own as long as one has the necessary details. It may be "proprietary information for WW" but it's *hardly* rocket science if you have the right information.

Last edited by Snoofie; 10-25-2011 at 09:38 PM.
Snoofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 09:52 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 252/246/175

Height: 5'5"

I don't do WW, so I dont pay much attention to points, but Rocco Dispirito has a couple of great books on the market. In 'Now Eat This Diet' he provides calorie counts as well as points for the recipes included. That book is great!!!! The 'Now Eat This' cookbook is great as well, but I just checked and the points arent in that one.
Scarbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 10:22 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

I like Myfitnesspal.com. It is an app for your Ipad or Iphone and it is a one time cost of $1.99.
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:22 AM   #11  
Want to feel better

Thank you all for your helpful suggestions ~ I will check them out.

Dee74 ~ I did not find anything I could click on to be able to PM you.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:31 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

When I figure points for recipes, I tend not to add the free foods in the recipe so that it only counts the points of countable foods.

Did you get the little blue PP calculator? It would be easy to log all the foods in a recipe with sparkpeople or even fitday to figure out total carbs, fat, protein, fiber then figure out how many points it is on the calculator.

Good luck,
Sarah
sarahyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 05:50 PM   #13  
Going to be a mommy!

S/C/G: 255/225/200

Height: 5'4" Age: 31

Skinny taste.com is a great site for recipes, she lists points and points plus- I like it a lot! Very yummy with many, many options.

Good luck, you could also pay for one meeting to get beginning materials, and buy a calculator and figure your recipes out easily.
akacutie is offline   Reply With Quote