Old 10-16-2011, 01:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 248/167/150

Height: 5'6

Default Weekly Chat - Oct 16 - 23.

New thread time! How is everyones weeks going? Anyone have any cool NSV's? I ended up gaining 1.5lb last week cause i was away on holidays. I was so worried before i went, and i wasnt happy with that gain, but it wasnt avoidable. I tried all i could... eating healthy while away is so hard! Trying to find only healthier options when using a microwave and being away from your hotel all day is difficult. This week i stayed the same at weigh in. Ive been having a rough.... 6 weeks i'd say. Plateauing and a little gain. I seem to have an invisible border at 200lbs. Very frustrating, however... this week i have my game face on, and im ready to bust my buns!!!
mercuryblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 01:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

GO MERCURYBLUE GO!!! It might be a tough barrier but when you bust through it and land in the 100's it will feel great!! Good luck!!! Rooting for ya!
LIL'JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 04:13 PM   #3  
One Pound at a Time

S/C/G: 190/149/150

Height: 5'6"

I had a NSV today! Today I went through the dress portion of my closet. I cleaned out most of my clothes recently but avoided the dresses because I was still somehow afraid I'd look lumpy in them. I threw out 5 dresses that are now too big. AND....I fit into my 2 goal dresses! They are mediums that I bought when I knew I couldn't fit into them but liked them so much that I was determined to wear them one day. This was a few years ago! I put them on today and they fit PERFECTLY. Not even tight! I'm so excited, I can't wait to wear one to work this week!
OnceUponADrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 05:37 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 161.4/145/130

Height: 5'5"

I'm here. I haven't been posting much. Lots going on I was up a few pounds in the last couple of weeks. I feel like my body loves the 140s and I just want to see 139! I have a goal to reach 139 by October 31. I have to get serious. Got derailed with thanksgiving.
Proatthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 07:20 PM   #5  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

Hey all!

Had a bad foot weekend (wine & cheese plus going out dancing in a bar.. hello, alcohol! But it was for the 25th birthday bash of one of my bestfriends and it was really fun). It wasn't that bad though, we went in a bar and it was a 80's music special. Dance for more than 2 hours to Safety Dance, Like a prayer and cie... I guess I gain some APs there lol!

I'll have to get back into serious tracking and training mode this week. I haven't ran for a week and I'd like not to gain this week... I've been in a plateau for the past 2 months, it's time to make this thing right!

Go go go ladies!!

And good to see you back, mercury!
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 04:25 AM   #6  

S/C/G: SW 268/ CW 202.4/ GW 150

Height: 5'1

Seems like a bunch of us are having a hard time (me too!)

Good luck this week mercury! You can do it. I'm pretty sure I'm above you weight wise right now... but I didn't get on the scale today. :-/ I'm going to do it in the morning and face the music. Sigh.

I just keep chanting to myself "weight loss isn't a race" and hoping it sinks in.
patchymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 09:11 AM   #7  
Counter-Hipster

S/C/G: 184/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Hello! First time in the weekly chat for me... I lost another 2.2lbs last week - that puts me down more than 7lbs in my first 4 weeks! I know that I can make 25lbs by the time I go to visit my parents for Christmas.

I started with a personal trainer on Friday, but I have major back problems (fused spine, compressed disks and all that jazz) and I was a little too ambitious with the weights and tweaked something, so I was struggling all weekend. I have my next appointment on Wednesday, but I'll have to see how I'm feeling. I need to find a good physical therapist.

Anyway, I was kind of bummed to see that my recent weight loss has lost me a daily point - there are plenty of days when I really struggle to stay under my points. There are, however, also days when I fall short, so I'll have to keep track of how I manage that and maybe those habits will become more advantageous.

Good luck to everyone!

DO NOT say "I think I can, I think I can..." Those words were spoken by an insecure, struggling train. Remind yourself:
"I KNOW I can, I KNOW I can!"
dominodreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 09:59 AM   #8  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Well I was super excited this morning when I weighed in down 4.5 lb after a steady gain for the past 3 weeks...what is up with that?
I am not complaining at all! So now I am recharged and ready to have a super duper week
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 09:52 AM   #9  

Hey chicks!

Hope you are doing alright.

I'm kinda mad at myself, I skipped sport for like... a week. Did nothing. NADA.

I really have to go back to running training but... it's getting so COOOOOLD and rainy and dark soon.

But I have to get back to it, it's my 25th birthday in 3 weeks (oh god) and I want to be as fit as I can be by that date.

I'M just hoping for no rain tonight
Old 10-18-2011, 10:38 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 248/167/150

Height: 5'6

Im really getting frustrated. Its been weeks on end where i am stuck in this rut... i cant seem to climb out of the 200's. I got down to 202, then back up to 204 and now i am sitting there for many weeks. I am trying to keep motivated, but man... its tough. I am being so hard on myself, and i know im doing stuff right, i just cant seem to think im not messing something up. Im going to the gym, im eating on target. Its like i know, i just know... that when weigh in day rolls around, im still going to be 204 and even more upset and frustrated than i am now, and even less motivated to keep doing this. This isnt where i had wanted a plateau to hit me (yes i have read the sticky over and over about how to get thru this plateau stuff). Hoping the weight loss fairies come and take some fat away this week, so i can get a little boost of enthusiasm to continue on to goal. Ugh.
mercuryblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 11:41 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 250/217/150

Height: 5'4"

ugh I can't seem to break into the 170's, I want to soooo bad but whenever I get close I seem to gain a little bit. Weigh in tomorrow but the lowest I saw this week at home on the scale was 181. sighhhh I have been tracking like crazy but I know that means I need to move my body more, just no energy
JenB77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 06:50 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 161.4/145/130

Ok pity party time....I can't break the 140s!!!!!

It does seem like a bunch of us are struggling a bit with the weight loss. I wonder if it's the weather or time of year? Im not sure. I just know I skipped my weigh in day last Saturday because I knew I was up again for the second week in a row. But I promise to go this week. My lack of exercise is very disappointing to myself. Although I am learning not to beat myself up over it. And I have learned that people go through cycles. So I know when time and energy permits I will get that part back up.

My diet has been pretty good. At least I'm tracking everything even if it is the odd junk food. Last week I used all my weekly points (which I never use any) so this week I'm trying hard not to touch them. Since I know I don't lose when I do.

Hope everyone has a great day. I am going to try to check in here more since everyone here gives me inspiration.
Proatthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 08:08 AM   #13  

It's good to know you're not alone in this plateau stuff, reading all the posts...

I checked my home-made chart, and I'm exactly on my 5th week of plateau :/ (okay, I was exagerating on a previous posst with 2 months... but still, 5 weeks is loooong)

I went tor un for the first time in over a week yesterday and my body was sending me all those kind of messages like ''don't skipped sport for so long, you know how I make you suffer when you come back mouahah''

Have a good day everyone!
Old 10-19-2011, 08:54 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 250/217/150

Height: 5'4"

holy cows I lost 5.4 this week!! Biggest loss ever and I have been at this for over a year. 74.6 total lost now, so close to that next charm!!
JenB77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 09:59 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 295.6/ticker/140-130

Height: 5'3"

I feel your pain ladies--i've been recycling the same 5-7lbs since the beginning of august...i was 235 then, i'm 230.5 now....and i've seen every number in between and one week a number a little lower than that. I haven't been tracking well and have been plus/minus with exercise, so i'm sure its mostly me, not a true plateau (one that occurs even when you're "on plan" and doing everything right), but its still getting to me. I lost 0.5 this week, so I'm going to take that motivation and run with it...hoping that it turns into me breaking out of the 230s permanently......
Erin27 is offline   Reply With Quote