Old 10-14-2011, 04:39 AM   #1  

S/C/G: SW 268/ CW 202.4/ GW 150

Height: 5'1

Default Do you meal plan, weekly?

Just curious if anyone does.... and if you do, if it helps to post it somewhere? I try to but I also seem to get derailed from it and I'm wondering if we had a thread or added it to the tracker thread if anyone would find it useful.
patchymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 05:05 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 193.0/185.0/140.0

Height: 5'1

I shop once a week and plan everything I am going to eat for the week and stick to it. I get everything I need for the week and put it on my fridge and go from there.. It really helps me stay on plan..

Ronnie
RonnieAdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 08:08 AM   #3  

Hi,

Good for you for making and sticking to a food plan. I keep failing and don't know why.

It seems to take so long and then I just go off course.

Sheridan
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 10:22 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

I shop once a week, and actually do my main cooking once a week. I find if I already have the food prepared and I don't munch all during the process of deciding what to eat and then cooking it.

I'm a very boring food person, I'll fix a big batch of 2-3 things and eat it the entire week with the addition of things to make it a little different. Like a big pot of veggie soup then add tofu , sliced pork or diced chicken each day to make it a little different.

I do try to mix things up, I try new veggies every week. Love to shop at the international market. Love that most veggies I've found have actually been in the WW e-tools so I don't have to worry about- is this a 0 point veggie?
sarahyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 10:24 AM   #5  
Changing my life

S/C/G: '09HW337 '11SW 314.0/266.6/155

Height: 5' 6"

No, but I sure do admire those who do.
rachaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 10:45 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 262/Ticker/140

Height: 5' 4"

I too get derailed on my eating cause I don't plan my meals ahead of time and end up deciding the menu that very same day. I'm sure it would be a great help to plan ahead!
bvaldez28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 10:50 AM   #7  
pursuer of joy

S/C/G: 198/170ish/160-???

Height: 5.6 on a tall day

For our Sunday groceries order, yes, we try to plan out meals for the week. Its more of a guideline than set in stone, however. I find if I keep my lunches simplified (pretty much stick to either a greek salad, or a salad with some other protein besides feta) or Progresso soups, I do better having taken the "whats for lunch today" question out of the equation. Same think for breakfast--either its a banana with peanut butter and a cup of coffee, or cheese/tomato on toast, yogurt/fruit/cereal, or a Glucerna shake occasionally. Snacks are generally fruit or a bar of some kind.

Dinners are trickier, of course, but based on what we are thinking when we go grocery shopping, we've got those choices on hand.

It pays to have at least a skeleton menu. The more prepared you are, the better chances of staying on your plan.
124chicksinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 01:08 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 240/229/150 mini goal 200

Height: 5"5 1/2

I plan family dinner's weekly but lunches and breakfast not so much. I will make my menu for the week and my grocery list at the same time on the same piece of paper. After I grocery shop I put my list/menu on the fridge. So I don't have to answer...."What's for dinner?" everyday.
Moobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 02:46 PM   #9  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

When I am being good I plan my evening meals it really does help if I have some guidelines. For lunches I usually make a big batch of soup to take to work for the week and always always always have indivual bags of "veggies" prepared to grab and go. I put baby carrots, celery, radishes, cherry tomatos, cucumber etc. in baggies and take one each day for 'munchies'. Breakfast I keep a carton of egg beaters at work, spray some non-stick spray in a coffee cup ..micro for 1 min, stir micro for 30 more sec add some salsa and poof breakfast is done...
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 06:48 PM   #10  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

Height: 5'5"

I shop once a week, usually Fridays, and plan for my weekend and the week. Planning for the week is easy, since I just make one thing to take to work. Weekends are a little bit trickier since that's when I'm going to go out to eat or go to a bar or whatever and use AP/weeklies, and I admit that even when I plan for the weekend I don't always stick to it. But during the week i'm always right on point.
Tudor Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 10:09 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

I don't, truthfully. I used to try but would be constantly changing my mind based on what i "wanted". I find its easier for me to just buy the ingredients that I normally cook with, only keep OP foods in my house and just go on a whim for what I want. The only thing I do try and always do is keep the staples for a really easy dinner, like chili or tacos, at all times....and sandwich stuff, because that is always an easy, quick dinner.
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 04:25 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 222/ 168/ STG 160/ LTG 145

Height: 5'4"

Hey, Patchy! Long time no see... I'm finally back on the wagon. As for planning, I kind of do? I have a few different breakfast ideas that I toss back and forth, right now I'm on an oatmeal kick.. so I have that every morning, and it keeps me (mostly) full until lunch. Lunch is generally a sandwich with fruit, or a smaller portion of dinner leftovers. Dinner is pretty much free-for-all and i'm at the mercy of whatever I buy that day.

How do you mean a new thread? Like a shopping list for the upcoming week? If you think it would help keep you on track, do it.. I might not respond on lots of threads, but I definitely read almost all of them.

In case anyone is interested, I make pumpkin oats. I freeze a large can of Libby's pumpkin puree (not the pumpkin pie filling, just pure pumpkin) in ice cube trays, then throw the cubes in baggies for single servings.

- Add 1.5 cup water, 2 pumpkin cubes, 1/2 banana to pot.
- Once that's boiling, add 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats (not the 1-minute kind), turn to a low heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes start whisking it up- the banana dissolves and gives the oats a nice creamy texture, I then simmer for about 2 extra minutes, or until most all water is gone.
- Add 2 tsp peanut butter to bowl, then add oats. Stir to dissolve peanut butter.
- I like to top with 1/4 cup milk to cool it down, then 1/2 tbsn chia seeds (that have been soaking in 2 tbsn water for 5 minutes), and a healthy sprinkling of cinnamon.

Total= 8 PP, keeps me full from 11AM until 3-4PM lunch.

Last edited by girlsenberry; 10-16-2011 at 01:14 PM. Reason: recipe
girlsenberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 09:33 AM   #13  
Just For Today

S/C/G: 287/170/155

Height: 5' 10"

I always sit down the night before and plan out my meals for the next day. Just last night I planned out for the next few days based on what I have on hand that needs to be used up. Tonight I'm making whole wheat pasta and I know there will be leftovers so I plan to bring some to work for lunch on Tuesday. On Monday, lunch will be last night's leftover turkey brats. I also have a bag of spinach that is approaching its expiration date so I tracked to eat that soon, too.

I find this much easier to stick to. Then when someone at work brings in donuts or something, I don't even have to consider having one. It isn't even an option for me.
loserjulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 11:57 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 250/217/150

Height: 5'4"

This may sound dumb but I have never thought of planning out a weeks worth of meals in advance. I usually do it day by day, stopping at the grocery store on my way home and buying fresh everyday. I may work out a week in advance now but I still like going to the store on my way home, part of my routine.
JenB77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 01:18 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

I am motivated by all of your tracking skills!! I bet if i work hard to plan ahead at least a day or two in advanced, it would help prevent the bad food binges. I will make it my weekly goal.
LIL'JJ is offline   Reply With Quote