Old 09-14-2011, 07:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

Default joined ww today, got the monthly pass-couple questions

I have etools, have entered my foods for today. Is there a way to see nutritional data like on fitday? I've clicked around on the website and haven't found anything yet.

And, is there a way to set up menus for the week and print out shopping lists? Or is it primarily a DIY, and input as you eat type program?

Thanks, I tried searching but must not have entered the right search words. If there are threads about this topic please post the links.
thanks
sarahyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 07:19 PM   #2  

WW is about points and that is all the info that you get. Since we can eat anything, there are no menus.

You need to read your book that you received at your meeting from cover to cover and really understand it. Page 61 suggests how many points to eat for each meal. There is a week's worth of mix and match menus, etc. Be sure you understand the 9 GHGs and get them in every day.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:00 PM   #3  

That's too bad. I like having the nutrional info and the % fat, protein, carbs in one place. But I like how easy it is to track foods on etools. It's much easier and faster then fitday.

I do better if I plan my menus but I'm basically too busy to do it. I just buy what ever is on sale at the market on Saturday and then figure out what to fix throughout the week.

I have been reading both the pocket guide and the getting started booklet.
Thanks for the info.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:32 PM   #4  
This is the Last Time!!!

S/C/G: HW283/GW170

Height: 5'5"

I also am a convert to WW from Fitday. Unless you want to track in both, you have to let go of the Fitday mentality. If you want the WW program to work, you need to work the WW program. I know it's hard to let go, but you kind of have to.
HadEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 09:02 PM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

Yeah, up until recently I was tracking on FitDay and loved seeing macro breakdowns. It's weird getting used to just trusting the mechanism of the program. It takes into account the macronutrients for you so I guess we just trust that their science is sound!

There used to be a way to turn on suggested daily menus on the tracker... This was a couple years ago though so they may have gotten rid of that feature. I'm a "whatever's on sale" shopper as well but I did see on the recipe section of the site that you can put in a couple ingredients and it will spit out some WW recipes for you!
abluvion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 09:02 PM   #6  

I only half heartedly did fitday, so it will be easy to drop it.
Thanks for responding to my question.
Sarah