My Non-Scale victory today was.........

You're on Page 4 of 7
Go to
  • Thank you!

Oh and I forgot one. Even though I was so incredibly sore after day one o my Shred, I still did day two.. BUT After day 2.. I did another 20 minutes on the treadmill at 3mph! My poor thighs feel like Jelly and I am not sure how they are holding me up, but I am less sore today and I dropped a pound. So YAY ME.

I have actually lost weight while working at DQ. I have lost 45 pounds so far since I started working there over a year ago. I really first noticed the weight loss in Feb/March when my work pants had nearly fallen off while at work!
  • My NSV today is that I went back through my tracker, and I have exercised every single day for the past 23 days!! Some days were more than others (yesterday I was at the Y for an hour and a half, lifted weights, walked the track, did Zumba. But a few of the days I just did my stationary bike for 45 minutes), but I did it! And, I think I am at the point where I can't imagine NOT exercising!
  • Broke my funk by doing yoga at the riverfront park at sunset.. for an hour! Tho, I think I've been eaten alive by the skeetos. :\
  • Choosing to NOT order (and probably eat the majority of) a whole delivery pizza, but instead stopping at the grocery store and buy a single serving size for dinner to satiate my craving!
  • Quote: Choosing to NOT order (and probably eat the majority of) a whole delivery pizza, but instead stopping at the grocery store and buy a single serving size for dinner to satiate my craving!
    Oh, good job and great thinking!

I threw away all my delivery menus, partly to help myself and partly because...nothing on them sounded good.
    I thank the heatwave for part of it but it's helping me change my routines and habits
  • I went to my back to school meeting (I am an instructional Aide) and everyone noticed that I have lost and I felt really good. I also did my hair and makeup and just felt great My victory; even with a gain this week!
  • My NSV happened when we attended a family function and were away from home all weekend. Normally this is an automatic excuse for me to go off program ... after all, how can I be expected to stay on plan when I'm eating out? This time I resisted that temptation. I chose the healthiest selection at the restaurant, stayed away from the fattening appetizers, and had only one dessert. The next day at the family barbeque I loaded up on salad, had a small chicken breast and half a hamburger patty (no bun) and passed on dessert with a smile -- No thanks, I'm stuffed! It felt good.
  • ladynredd, such a great feeling to fill studffed and to feel good about what you ate

My NSV of the day :

My graduation ring that I've been wearing for 2 years in my left hands is becoming a bit loose

However, the ring I wear in the right hand does not feel loose yet. It's a good thing though, it's something that was given to my grand father to my mom and than to my mom to me, and I'm kinda scared to get it adjust :S So stay heavier, right hand! lol
  • My NSV for today is...

Yesterday I went to the Diabetic Educator for a meeting. I have already gone off one of my medications completely, and I am starting to ween myself off 2 more...one is my only remaining diabetic med, and the other is a blood pressure med.
  • Trowter, that's fantastic. Continued good luck to you.

Maybe its a small thing, but instead of heading to a fast food mexican place for dinner tonight, my daughter and I went down to a local diner and I had a salad and soup. It would have been very easy to go the other route, and I had the points for it....but it would have been a worse choice. I didn't cook tonight, and that could have been my undoing...but it wasn't.
  • This is from the weekend, but I still wanted to post...

Last year my husband and I went to LL Bean to get life jackets. I tried every type of jacket in every size and NONE would zip. I was SO embarrassed. The sizes went from S/M, M/L, L/XL. I also clearly remember being winded and my knees hurting after going up just one flight of stairs in the Bike/Boat/Ski store. This past weekend we went to Beans again for a Kayak adventure (which we didn't make). So we were looking at Kayaks and the salesperson wanted me to try on a life jacket, then sit in the kayak. I almost had flashbacks, I was like, ummmm, NO! But, she was like, I think you'd be a S/M, go ahead, try it. Well, I did AND it fit! It was a little tighter than my husband and the salesperson would like so I ended up getting a M/L, but still, they FIT!!! The L/XL was too big!!!!!! And, I did those stairs with no problem at all!

Take THAT bad memories of LL Bean!!
  • That is so great, MrsD2008 You go, girl!
  • After a spectacular time at a wedding on Saturday, I have stayed within my daily points and exercised every day this week.

I will probably gain when I weigh in. But I know I did everything I could do to minimize the effects, *and* I tracked everything I ate at the wedding.
  • My NSV... I had a unsolicited comment on my weight loss from someone who does not know that I have been on WW. Always nice to hear
  • We had potluck at school today because it was the last main class of our school program (except for like a couple of easy courses that teach us about the workplace) ... anyways... so this was like our little celebration...

My NSV was that I brought a salad that I had made (that was pretty healthy), so I had something to have that I knew would be good. So I behaved today!! I had a few little treats but that was ok. I even decided to only get a tiny piece of cake and I couldn't even finish that!!

... and YAY!! to all of you guys on your NSV's!!