My Non-Scale victory today was.........

You're on Page 2 of 7
Go to
  • Patchymama, good job on the run!

As for me, last night I was offered ice cream and I knew I wanted it, it would have been great. But, I chose an apple instead. It was a great apple, I'm glad I had it. My thighs are glad I had it too.
  • I wish there was a "like" button!!! All of these NSV's are fantastic!
  • *nods* I am really enjoying this thread. Thanks for starting it derrydaughter.

We are all human, we all have failings but we have little victories too Sometimes we tend to put the failures above the victories.
  • Wow, great job on the run patchymama! Still just walking, but hope to be able to step it up soon!
  • Holeeeeeeey cr*p! I just did some hard-drive searching and found some pics my SO & I made when we were going to start P90X* last year when I weighed 222... and compared them with my currents (187). I canNOT believe the difference! Here I was thinking that I was still huge- I was only comparing my 10 lbs loss pictures, so it wasn't very drastic, but I can visually see I'm not anything like I was. I wish I could post the panoramas I made, but the ones from last year were semi-nudes, and even with the private bits blacked out I'm still embarrassed. I just want to share my excitement with someone, lol.

*P90X lasted all of maybe 3 weeks.. I just don't have the patience for a 1 hour program, even if I do love it (which I did).
  • I did resistance training for the first time in 6 years!
  • I bought a pair of size 14 capris (on clearance too!) and it felt great! I haven't fit a 14 since I was in high school!!!
  • I went to try on pants in prep for a new school year. Size 14 were too big, but size 12 were too snug. I'm holding out another couple of weeks because I'm sooooooo feeling the size 12!!!! Very Exciting!!!!
  • Nice job on the run, patchymama! That's a **** of an increase in a short time!

My NSV today...I've got 18 points left to blow on going out to dinner with my fiance at a fancy shmancy restaurant. (Usually, I only have about 9 left by dinner!) I should be able to get something great, right? I''ll just have to stay away from the bread basket. I'm thinking I might use some of my APs for a glass of red wine. (Or two!)
  • Thanks everyone. I never thought I'd be running for any length of distance. I don't love it, but I really do love the challenge of it!

Congrats girlsenberry! That is an awesome feeling to be able to see the difference!

Way to go Kariatari! Enjoy dinner!
  • patchymama, I know what you mean by not loving it. My dad (a daily runner) told me that every time I start hating it to just think about the results I'm getting from it, so that helps through!

Also...dinner was delish! And it was 20 points, so 2 over on the day, but that's fine.
  • Quote: Holeeeeeeey cr*p! I just did some hard-drive searching and found some pics my SO & I made when we were going to start P90X* last year when I weighed 222... and compared them with my currents (187). I canNOT believe the difference! Here I was thinking that I was still huge- I was only comparing my 10 lbs loss pictures, so it wasn't very drastic, but I can visually see I'm not anything like I was. I wish I could post the panoramas I made, but the ones from last year were semi-nudes, and even with the private bits blacked out I'm still embarrassed. I just want to share my excitement with someone, lol.
    It really is a shock isn't it...I hadn't seen a picture of myself in a VERY long time until a few weeks ago. I was hard drive searching, and found a picture of me when I was at least 220...and now I'm 151!! Needless to say I was shocked. Along with the shock was also a profound sadness, that I had let myself get that heavy. What I found interesting, was that when I used to look in the mirror, I really didn't see myself like that.
  • My big victory was the re-start of exercise. I've gotten lazy and had stopped. I felt so good after spending about 20 minutes on my treadmill. I don't think the scale moved, but I sure did!

• My NSV yesterday was chewing a piece of SF gum while I cooked dinner so i wouldn't "graze." And I changed my dinner menu so it did NOT include a trigger food -- I'd had a tough day at work and just didn't want to cope with the temptation!

As far as the Zumba tapes -- I got the "Exhilarate" set from QVC ... I like the fact that they start out slow with the steps so you have a chance to learn them. I like the fact that the tapes give you the option to basically turn off the voices (once you have the steps down pat) so you just hear the music. When they ramped it up to full speed, though, I was having trouble following -- my feet just didn't want to move that fast! Part of my difficulty might have been that I was barefoot on carpet. Future workouts will include shoes. Today is "swim" day so I won't be doing Zumba but I do intend to preview the next tape, get a better idea of what's ahead ...
  • My NSV- took a shower and afterwards the towel wrapped all the way around neatly without the ends gaping open! w00t!