Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 10:42 AM   #1  
WW Moderator

Default Weekly WW Chat March 28 - Apr 3

Happy Monday! I'm surprised this is the first post of the week, since I'm so late! I was up until 2am working on taxes. DH is leaving for visiting with his family in Holland next week, and we've got to get a load of work done before he goes. It will feel really good to get it all wrapped up. It's not been bad though - I love paperwork! Oooh, balancing and making everything perfect.

I've been on track all week and it feels good! I exercised yesterday for the first time in a while, and it really cleared my mind. Why haven't I been exercising? The endorphins are such a welcome feeling, especially when I'm feeling like diving head first in to a vat of spaghetti.

This week I'm going to commit to exercising every day, and to cooking dinner at home every night. (no restaurants!)
Old 03-28-2011, 11:11 AM   #2  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

Height: 5'5"

I had a MUCH better week this week. After two weeks of gains, I lost 2.2 lbs this week! I stayed on track and felt good all week. I didn't have much time to exercise since I was volunteering at our local film festival, but all the running around the theater must have helped!
Old 03-28-2011, 11:12 AM   #3  

Height: 5'4"

I've really had a eyeopening weigh in sat. Sick all last week and GAINED .2, so mad! I hardly ate 3 days due to not feeling well. But i'm going to commit to cooking this week and drinking ALOT of water to flush all the sodium out from the weekend. I'm stuck within 2 lbs for weeks now!
Old 03-28-2011, 11:24 AM   #4  
foodie on a diet!

S/C/G: 180.2/ticker/145

Good Morning everyone! Im bummed this morning.... about to vent!!
Old 03-28-2011, 12:07 PM   #5  
Marianne

S/C/G: 310/285/135

I stayed the same this week. Which is okay, because last week I dropped 5lbs, so I'm okay with a maintain this week.

Super excited, starting my hip hop dance class tomorrow. It's my goal this week to work out 3 days. Hip Hop Dance Class tomorrow, Zumba on Wednesday and hitting my treadmill at home on Thursday.

I figure 3 days this week is a good start. I also want to get some hand weights to tone my arms up.

Hope everyone has a great week!
Old 03-28-2011, 03:57 PM   #6  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Hello, chickies!

I had a good weekend, ran the women's 5K with a friend of mine and stayed at her pace so I did it for the fun and the camaraderie as opposed to trying to set any personal records. The race shirt was cool - a pretty aqua color, women's sizing and a tech shirt, not cotton.

We went over to a friend's house for supper that evening where they served spaghetti and meatballs. Thankfully the meatballs were turkey and the sauce was a homemade marinara, so besides the pasta, not a whole lot of points. The same cannot be said for the wine that was flowing, however! I had three smallish glasses. And then a small piece of tiramisu with coffee for dessert. I enjoyed the food and the company and for me, this is part of living the plan and what makes WW a lifestyle rather than a diet.

On Sunday, I went shopping with another friend to a JC Penny outlet store. I had to buy a new swimsuit because the one I had last year is too big. I also was on the lookout for an Easter dress. I found this really cute cotton dress, kind of a 50s style, with a brown and orange print. It looked really flattering and since it was only $20, I went ahead and bought it. And even better - it was a size 10!

It's been rainy and stormy here all weekend (some places in our county got golfball-sized hail Saturday night) and the dreariness is continuing over to today. Consequently my mood is a little dreary as well. Just one of those blah days where I just want to go home, get under the covers and sleep. I hope the weather and my mood are better tomorrow.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:33 PM   #7  
Marianne

Quote:
Originally Posted by LitChick View Post
Hello, chickies!

I had a good weekend, ran the women's 5K with a friend of mine and stayed at her pace so I did it for the fun and the camaraderie as opposed to trying to set any personal records. The race shirt was cool - a pretty aqua color, women's sizing and a tech shirt, not cotton.

We went over to a friend's house for supper that evening where they served spaghetti and meatballs. Thankfully the meatballs were turkey and the sauce was a homemade marinara, so besides the pasta, not a whole lot of points. The same cannot be said for the wine that was flowing, however! I had three smallish glasses. And then a small piece of tiramisu with coffee for dessert. I enjoyed the food and the company and for me, this is part of living the plan and what makes WW a lifestyle rather than a diet.

On Sunday, I went shopping with another friend to a JC Penny outlet store. I had to buy a new swimsuit because the one I had last year is too big. I also was on the lookout for an Easter dress. I found this really cute cotton dress, kind of a 50s style, with a brown and orange print. It looked really flattering and since it was only $20, I went ahead and bought it. And even better - it was a size 10!

It's been rainy and stormy here all weekend (some places in our county got golfball-sized hail Saturday night) and the dreariness is continuing over to today. Consequently my mood is a little dreary as well. Just one of those blah days where I just want to go home, get under the covers and sleep. I hope the weather and my mood are better tomorrow.
How many points for homemade turkey meatballs?
Old 03-28-2011, 04:47 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 248/167/150

Height: 5'6

I started using my tracker! i just bought the 3 month one on friday at WI, and i like it so far. I am able to better keep track of what i am doing. I was finding it a little hard to pull it together after going down to 36 points. Now i am doing ok. Hoping that this week will be better because of it. I finally tamed the wild beast that is the elliptical machine. i managed to have the resistance way up and tolerate 30 min. I find it hard on my knees even when people say its supposed to be the best for the knees. WI is on Saturday with my first Zumba class right after.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:31 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/140

I had an uneventful weekend. I worked out both days (did climbing intervals on Saturday and went to a yoga class on Sunday) and ate a little more intentionally -- I used all but 10 of my weekly points.

Today I weighed in and was down 4.6! I did gain last week though, 3.2 lbs worth of TOM bloat so it's a net loss of 1.4 which is still a success in my book. I surpassed my 5% which I'm super happy about.

Tonight we went out for pizza and I only managed to eat 2 slices plus 1 garlic knot. This is a huge NSV for me because I used to be able to eat WAY more plus drink a pitcher of beer MYSELF. It's amazing how much more moderate my habits are these days and I was proud of myself for listening to my body and not eating myself into discomfort.

I'm back to work this week starting tomorrow night. I am planning to go to spin tomorrow morning, take Wednesday off, do Zumba Thurs and Friday and figure something out for the weekend as time allows (I'm working Saturday and Sunday nights). Putting in my notice tomorrow night!

Hope everyone has a great week!
Old 03-28-2011, 09:27 PM   #10  
Geek

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'8"

Glad to hear that everyone is doing well this week so far!! Love hearing about all the losses -- keep it up guys!!

I am crazy tired tonight!! Monday nights I have my Brownie group right after work so I don't get home til almost 9pm, and when you leave the house at 7:30am, that is a long day!! We got our spring cookies to sell, and I am pumped to sell them... but I don't think I will be eating any! I have in the past polished off a whole box in one sitting, so it will be a true test of will...

I am crazy proud of myself for sticking to it for almost a month now!! Before I have given up after a week and felt soooo crappy for doing so. But this time -- I am in it for the long haul!! I keep surprising myself by saying "no" to certain things, feeling fuller after having less food, etc.

Hope everyone has a nice night!!
Old 03-29-2011, 02:41 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 248/167/150

This week i have had quite a few people ask me how much weight i have lost cause they said i am looking awesome... so that is a huge motivator for me. Made me feel so good I keep thinking... well ive only lost 14.5lbs, but it seems to be showing that its coming off! So excited, my days are filled with such enthusiasm right now.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:45 AM   #12  
Marianne

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercuryblue View Post
This week i have had quite a few people ask me how much weight i have lost cause they said i am looking awesome... so that is a huge motivator for me. Made me feel so good I keep thinking... well ive only lost 14.5lbs, but it seems to be showing that its coming off! So excited, my days are filled with such enthusiasm right now.
That is definitely motivating. Good for you!!
Old 03-29-2011, 09:43 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/155

i hope no one minds my asking (and i've tried googling it up as much as i could - to no true avail - and you're all women, maybe you know).

Has anyone had some weird side affects on WW, with their TOM?
I got my first one, 3 days into WW (1st, since having daughter, getting pregnant etc - about 6months postpartum). Which is fine and dandy, until today, when i have it again... that's a 16 day cycle. I was reading that it might be a hormonal shift, from weight loss or new exercise. Now i've done both in the past 3 weeks. Anyone else had something similar since joining WW? or is this perhaps a postpartum related thing?
Old 03-29-2011, 10:02 AM   #14  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercuryblue View Post
That's always so nice when people mention they can tell you're losing weight!

I know I'm losing inches in my hips and waist because my pants suddenly seem longer, haha
Old 03-29-2011, 10:04 AM   #15  
WW Moderator

Jinksie, I have never heard of anything like that from a WW person. I've heard of changes with low carb, but not WW. I suppose it's possible for diet to have an affect on us in different ways, but since your first episode was 3 days in to the plan, I think it's unlikely that it's related.

Are you breastfeeding? Also, have you looked in to PCOS to see if you have any of the symptoms? http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pcos...formation.html

Mercuryblue, yayyy for you!
Closed Thread