Old 03-07-2011, 10:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 226.8 /ticker/150

Height: 63.5

Default Need a little encouragement from some fellow fat chicks (lol)

I am doing well but slow on my weight loss journey. I am doing weight watchers but more importantly I am making lifestyle changes that will help me in the long run. So far I have lost 13 pounds and I am working out 4 days a week ( I work 60 hours a week-would love to work out more).

The reason why I am needing some encouragement is because I have a new boyfriend. We have been going out for nearly 5 months. Im soooo in love. He is so good to me and my 19 year old daughter. He treats me like a queen and my daughter like a princess. He has been so encouraging to me during this whole weight loss journey. If he calls while I am working out he says things like "I am so proud of you" or "You keep it up honey". Saturday he made a statement that my pants were too big and that he can tell im losing in my face.

The problem is im not used to this. My previous relationship was with my daughters father, it was very abusive, mentally and especially physically. He would call me names like lard as! and fat as!. Im just struggling with this new guy and ill say things to him like you'll love me more when im skinny (he replies that's not possible) or ill call myself big momma (and he won't call me that he calls me his little momma).

I know I should be happy but im scared.
lilmomma2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:07 AM   #2  

Height: 5'4"

You are doing fabulous! Let me ask you, would you make those comments to a friend or your bf? No! So don't make them to yourself. He loves you for YOU and that is wonderful. Let him make nice comments and simply say "thank you".

I know all TOO well how you feel, i lived that way until one session with my therapist she said why can't you just say thanks? I thought about it and it's true. She said people don't go out of their way to make a compliment they don't mean so if they say something nice, they mean it

Just thought i would pass along the very difficult lesson i learned. I know how you feel. But once you start saying thank you, it becomes easier and easier GREAT JOB!!
pointspluspioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:24 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

You deserve it and how lucky you are, clearly he adores you
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:27 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 308/257/175

Height: 5'10

I know exactly what you are feeling! (((HUGS))) I have a new boyfriend who really appreciates my curves and for the first time ever, I'm feeling very confident and comfortable in my own skin in front of a man! I'm learning that there are more and more GOOD men out there who appreciate our curves and wobbly bits.

Sounds like you've found one of them, who will stick by you, support you, and love you through the journey. Hope I'm just as lucky as you with my new boyfriend!

Keep up the great work!
TransformingToni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 05:48 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 226.8 /ticker/150

Height: 63.5

Thank you all for the kind words and I loved "our wobbly bits"
lilmomma2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 06:06 PM   #6  
<a href="http://photobuck

S/C/G: 260/240/229

Height: 5 4"

i understand you being scared, are u scared of being hurt??? i understand that.. love is a risk you take.. but if you ever want to be loved and to love you have to let go and leap.. it doesn't have to be a joke... maybe he really like you the way you are... ever think that he sees something inside u that is wonderful and that he may find attractive... attraction doesn't always have to be what on the outside.... dont beat yourself up around, no one finds that attractive and it might make him feel bad.... enjoy him, enjoy yourself and be happy!!! =)
bliss3244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:38 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 215/210/165

Height: 5'11

Everyone should be as lucky to have someone so supportive in their lives. You have a man that genuinely loves you for you... what a great feeling!!! As your body changes, the person inside does not. He has fallen in love with a fantastic woman. Keep up the great work!!!!
Smashley is offline   Reply With Quote