Old 01-25-2011, 09:13 AM   #1  
~*Regina*~

S/C/G: 304/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default went to my first meeting :)

Went to my first meeting last night and really liked it. The leader is very nice and she makes you laugh. She also sat down with me to explain the whole WW program. I really feel like this program is going to work for me. I can still have my favorite foods so I wont be depriving myself, I just have to make sure I weigh and write down everything. I also love that we can have all the fruit and veggies we want (of course fruits in moderation) and they are zero points!

I know that you can also earn points by exercising but I honestly will not use those. I have not used all my daily points since signing up Friday. The leader said I should try and use most of them but why? If I'm not hungry why do I need to force food down? Yesterday I had 8 points left, Sunday I had 11 points left and Saturday I had 9 points left.

After listening to them tell me about WW it seems like they are counting carbs. Is WW kind of like a low carb diet? Anything with starchy food like rice and pasta seems to be much higher in points.
BlueEyes83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:43 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

I think it's more of a controlled carbohydrate program. I get more points with the new program but my carby favorites 'cost' more now (my oatmeal is now 4 points instead of 2) so it evens out in the end.
My ww leader says it's ok if you have a couple of points left at the end of the day, every now and then, and don't want to use them but I don't think you should be under your points target by 10 every day. Maybe you could include some full fat products with your food to bulk up your points but not add more food volume.
I'm honestly baffled by people that can't eat all their points. I can eat my points AND your points.
Spooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:51 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 256/155/140

Height: 5'5

Don't be afraid of your activity and weekly points! Since I started Weight Watchers I've used both my weekly and AP's and still lost, they will help you in the long run if you're working out a lot =D
KimberlyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:58 AM   #4  
~*Regina*~

S/C/G: 304/see ticker/150

I am surprised I am under my points too but I have been full lately. This is what I had yesterday...

Breakfast:
Jimmy Dean D'light egg white sandwich with turkey sausage - 6pts
Snack:
Fruit - 0pts
Lunch:
Sandwich with chicken, cheese and bagel thin - 7pts
Smart food - 3pts
Dinner:
baked french fries - 9pts
pork - 6pts
veggies - 0pts
Snack:
sun-sweet ones prunes - 1pts
fruit snack - 2pts

I get a total of 42pts right now so I had 8pts left over. I know eventually I will get fewer points but right now these points seem so high. I had to eat a lot of food last night for dinner and I still didn't reach my points.
BlueEyes83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 10:11 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/140

Well I could kill 8 points with one bowl of ice cream. Or a couple of beers. Not that it's the healthiest way to do it. You could certainly incorporate some dairy -- maybe some full fat yogurt (I know my favorite greek yogurt runs 3-4 points each), or maybe have an apple with some peanut butter for a snack. Maybe a full fat latte or hot chocolate? A lot of people find it easier to drink their points rather than eat them.
What is 'smart food'?
Good luck eating all your points today! You can do it!

Last edited by Spooky; 01-25-2011 at 10:11 AM.
Spooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 10:13 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

You can add nut butters in for a snack, or have oatmeal for breakfast with almond butter, or butter, maple syrup - more nutritious than Jimmy Dean.

A drizzle of oil over veggies, some avocado or cheese in the sandwich.

Easy to get some extra points in, and then you have something to throw overboard when your weight goes down or you hit a plateau.

Have fun! I love the new program.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 10:14 AM   #7  

I think as long as you are satisfied, you are no longer required to eat your daily points, like in the old system. If you are not hungry, and hitting ALL of the good health guidelines ( this is very important, it looks like you could use more dairy and fruit and veg.) , then its ok to not eat every single point allowance every single day. But you can't carry the ones you didn't use from one day to the next...so when the day is past, they are gone. Good luck to you!

Last edited by healthyeater; 01-25-2011 at 10:16 AM.
healthyeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 10:19 AM   #8  

Congratulations on taking that first step!

You know what my leader would say about having points left over if you are truly satisfied at the end of the day? Leave them. Eating them for the sake of getting your Points in for the day is just a bad eating habit and is not setting you up for a lifestyle change. Or she would suggest the healthy fats like Seagirl did.

I think as your daily Points drop you will probably need to eat all your Daily Points and then any Activity Points. I get 29 Daily Points and it's pretty tight to stay in that sometimes. Activity Points are nice so I can have a few more to play around with.
Amy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:38 PM   #9  
Strong is the new thin!

S/C/G: 178/152/close enough

Height: 5'9 1/2"

If you are full and satisfied, then like others have said, it's not a big deal. But if you want to fill the points, adding some healthy fats or protein is a great way to do it.

Like Spooky said, greek yogurt is 4 points, or adding a small handful of almonds to your fruit snack or some avocado to your sandwich would bump them up.
river is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:48 AM   #10  

yeah, i started at 30 and immediately dropped to 29. i am going over at least by a little. definitely low(er) carb, low fat and low calorie. and even if i lose more, i'm still at 29. i don't understand how that can work but first i gotta get there.
thinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 05:41 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 240ish/180/165

Height: 5'9"

Wow, that seems like a lot of left-over points! My leader was pretty adament about using all of our points so we are getting enough calories for our weight---have other people heard differently?

Do you like nuts? 1/4 cup of nuts like almonds or walnuts or pistachios are about 5 points I think. Not only are they good for your cholesterol, they provide healthy fats that are good for skin, hair, etc and a great source of protein. If you like them, walnuts are the best for omega 3's. I know some people have issues with controlling nuts, so I personally never get the roasted/salted kind. I find the plain ones aren't too tempting!
sfree13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 07:05 PM   #12  

What about your healthy oils? What about some milk/dairy products?
These are an integral part of the plan, and can add a few healthy points plus to your day!
Wildboyzmommy is offline   Reply With Quote