Old 01-17-2011, 07:44 PM   #1  

Height: 5'4"

Angry Disappointing Weigh In

I had my weigh in yesterday and was up .6 lbs. which before you say that's nothing, it is something when i'm trying so hard and not losing consistently. I went shopping today and was so frustrated at how i look and i know it should make me want to do better but honestly it makes me want to quit. I feel so gross in the mirror and feel bad about all the hard work i did to be 30 lbs lighter even a couple of years ago.

I'm getting back into my gym routine which has been hard considering it's a new gym and don't know anyone I just want to be consistently losing, even just 1 lb a week would make me eager to chug along. I'm in a wedding July and am paranoid i will be this size. I will say that i know i need to track every morsel and cant go on what i know is points. So i'm tracking as of yesterday.

Uggghhhhh!!!
pointspluspioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 08:08 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 171/160/120

Height: 5 feet- if I really stretch

I know how discouraging that is, especially when you have done everything right. And I know how hard it is to try and remember that it may be water weight, or the time of day, or the clothes that you are wearing at the time, or hormones- I too just want to curl up and cry when that happens to me. I try really hard to tell myself not to cave in and it will be better next weigh in...so Hang in there - try not to cave in and it will be better next weigh in...((((hugs))))
Tea Granny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:00 PM   #3  
Mom to 2 beautiful boys!

S/C/G: 331/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

I was very nervous this week, and I was down 1. I was thrilled since I expected to be up .3 (per my home scale).

At our meeting this week there was a discussion on eating the extra 49 pts. I don't want to eat them but others said it can help fuel the fire to burn the fat. So I am going to experiement this week and try to eat all those points. Plus I am going to hit the gym 3 times (2 group classes).

Can you do any group classes at your gym to meet people and have some fun? Keep your chin up. I know the scale can be the enemy. Hugs!
osu2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:08 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 256/155/140

Height: 5'5

Don't beat yourself up, you've lost 6lbs so far and that's great!!! I've been at this for a year and have had 5 or 6 gains, this morning my scale is up 4 pounds from last week but I know I have to keep pushing on and so can you! I think that's why we call this a journey, there are so many bumps along the way but it's how we get over those bumps which defines our strength.
KimberlyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:24 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

It happens. It's why I weigh daily, so that I'm not on the scale thinking "yes, I did awesome this week" and then have it come back with a gain. I can see them coming and either realize that I hadn't quite stuck to my plan, or that it's just a blip.

This is what my weigh ins have been like so far: -4.4, –.2, –2, +1, – 2.4.

But, I knew that +1 was coming. And I also knew it was a weird blip, as evidenced by the -2.4 the next week.

If you are following the plan, and it's just one week, I would keep on trucking. Maybe take a peek at your tracker to see if you did anything differently. Otherwise stick to your plan and see what happens next week.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:57 AM   #6  
Strong is the new thin!

S/C/G: 178/152/close enough

Height: 5'9 1/2"

I know it's hard, but look at the bigger picture, everything that you are doing right WILL eventually show on the scale, whether it's tomorrow, next week, or next month. Just think of the other benefits to your body, improving how it functions and moves, and keep at it.

Have you tried wearing an mp3 device at the gym? I know some people love the social aspect of it, but I like to rock out and focus on the me time.
river is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 11:32 AM   #7  

Thanks girls! I know, i was in a bad mood last night when i vented lol! Today's a new positive day, i hope! Hoping for some loss on Sat. Have today planned out so i feel good about today. I'm going to the gym tonight, so hoping that will make me emotionally feel better. Since my father passed away on the 26th, everything has been a big blur.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:43 PM   #8  
I CAN DO THIS!!!!!

S/C/G: 233/ticker/133

Height: 5'6.5

I hope you are having a better day today. I know what it is like to be down. I was down last week at my weight in. But I weighed in this week and have a new outlook with positive thinking.
ATXchic924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:48 PM   #9  

I'm better, following the plan and went to the gym tonight so i feel ok. I'm not going to weigh myself until my weigh in on Saturday, need to give myself a chance to lose and i'm obsessed with the scale anyway and trying to get past that!!
Old 01-20-2011, 12:03 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 237.8/209.6/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointspluspioneer View Post
Thanks girls! I know, i was in a bad mood last night when i vented lol! Today's a new positive day, i hope! Hoping for some loss on Sat. Have today planned out so i feel good about today. I'm going to the gym tonight, so hoping that will make me emotionally feel better. Since my father passed away on the 26th, everything has been a big blur.

Sorry about your father.

The other day when I was ready to give up I made myself get on here and look at some of the success stories. That gave me the push I needed to keep going.
staci73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:00 PM   #11  

Sorry to hear about your loss, things may be a blur for awhile. Sending healing thoughts your way.

Last edited by Bunti; 01-20-2011 at 12:03 PM.
Bunti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:17 PM   #12  
You can DOOO IT!

S/C/G: 223/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'6"

Bummer I'm recommitting to tracking this week too! We can do it!!
misstraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 09:31 AM   #13  

Thanks girls! I weighed myself this morning and i'm only down ounces. I have my weigh in tomorrow morning and i feel disappointment coming on again. I tracked, drank water, exercised and so on. Ugghh i just want a solid pound or 2 to come off, i have plenty to lose, it's not like i'm near goal and can't lose those few extra lbs i do know i'm pms (if you can't tell) so not sure if i'm retaining but still!!!

Last edited by pointspluspioneer; 01-21-2011 at 09:33 AM.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:59 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

Stress can make your body hold on to weight. Just keep tracking everything, and maybe review your tracker with your leader after your meeting to see if she has any feedback?
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:31 AM   #15  
MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER BUNS

S/C/G: 199.6/139.4/135-140

Height: 5' 4.5"

I'm sorry about your dad too. It's hard when you lose someone so close. Hang in there, I too weight myself everyday . . . my weight will fluctuate up and down 1-2 lbs from day to day, BUT over time it IS decreasing and that's the idea right! It is going to take some time . . . patience with myself is the best thing I can learn and I'm trying to be patient with myself . . . sometimes it's hard

and just think you have lost 6 POUNDS . . . Did you know that is 24 sticks of BUTTER . . . think about it girl . . . 24 sticks is a LOTTA BUTTER . . . just keep melting that BUTTER AWAY!!!!

Edit: ok so maybe this week you don't lose so much because PMS/TOM then the next week it will be that much better !!! Hang in there, also someone has in their signature this saying, (not sure if this is EXACTLY correct, but)

If YOU don't QUIT, then you CAN'T FAIL

Last edited by MadamButterfly; 01-21-2011 at 10:37 AM.
MadamButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote