Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2002, 05:51 PM   #1  

Default 12 WEEK CHALLENGE -- Week #6

HEY THERE CHALLENGETTES - CAN YOU BELIEVE IT'S WEEK 6?

And... 3 days before Turkey Day. Did any of you do that WW plate "experiment"? The one where you write down on a paper plate an approximation of how many points you intend to eat on Thanksgiving day?

I got down 45... yes... 45 points without seconds being considered!

And that's planning and choosing efforts included! What to do? OK - If that's what I decide is really important to me that day... what will make this work? And how the heck do I get through the rest of the family weekend?

Banking points - for sure starting with today
Exercise and earn additional points
Drink lot's of water
Pray and be grateful that I'm leaving all left overs in Massachusettes

What is going to help you this week? And any additional thoughts on what might help me/us through the rest of the weekend?
Old 11-25-2002, 06:13 PM   #2  

Just need to post this to get "real"

Last week I went way over some days and used every bit of earned banked/activity points... so alas no loss at WW today, Mon Nov. 25th.

Week of Nov 18th
M -- 20
Tu - 25
W -- 25.5
Th - 18
F -- 25
Sa - 27
Su - 29

Weekly Summary
1 -- 141.6
2 -- 139.8
3 -- no weighin
4 -- 139.1
5 -- 136.8
6 -- 136.8 I'm lucky I didn't gain
Old 11-26-2002, 10:23 AM   #3  

Hi Patch. I have gained back ALL of the 4 lbs lost since the start of the challenge. How's that for getting real? Maybe saying it out loud and publicly will help.

Part of my problem has been a bad knee and no running. But if I'm to be honest, I have to admit there are other forms of exercise. I'm leaving town today until late Friday nite and have packed walking gear.

No points to post. Too dismal for words. I'll do better this week.

I can't really add anything to your strategy list. It says it all, especially the part about leaving the leftovers behind. Maybe try to concentrate on enjoying your family through activities that are not food-related? Heck, I'm a fine one to talk.

Hope you all enjoy the Thanksgiving holiday. I probably won't check in again til next week.
Old 11-26-2002, 11:00 AM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

We did the turkey plate last week at our meeting. It's definitely an eye opener in terms of figuring out point values. I had 26 points but was able to shave it down a bit.

My plan is to bank points ahead for Thursday and it pretty much follows your plan Patch. I don't see anything that I'd add. Unlike you, we will have leftovers. The good side of this is that I'm not big on eating pie after the first day...stuffing on the other hand is a different story!

Susan: Walking is better than nothing at all--just remember it's exercise as well and it gets you moving! You'll be fine. Have a safe trip and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

My focus is going to be that Thanksgiving is no different than any other meal and to eat in moderation rather than gluttony. We don't eat until around 4-ish so I'll have a light breakfast and probably some WW soup for lunch so that I'm not going into dinner hungry. If the weather cooperates I'll be going out for a walk afterwards. I'm also contemplating taking the boys bowling in the evening since they'll be open beginning at 6 pm.

Talked with DH this morning and he's doing well in Wales. He was sick yesterday and spent the day in bed--he either had some virus or ate something that didn't agree with him. He said he had horrible stomach spasms and was paying homage to the "porcelain goddess"! Not exactly fun for him. I'll talk to him more tomorrow.

Here are my points for the week:

Wed: 23.5
Thur: 21
Fri: 18
Sat: 35
Sun: 21
Mon: 21
Tue: 24

Didn't get much in activity wise but have been moving more than usual and doing a lot of walking.

Week 6: 137.6

Last edited by MelissaL; 11-29-2002 at 07:01 PM.
Old 11-26-2002, 12:39 PM   #5  

Trying for a Weekly Plan -- just looking to maintain

Mon - 22 points (banked 3)
Tues -- est 25 (always seem to eat more when flying)
Wed -- est 25 will be tired, lunch at in-laws and going out to dinner exercise some (5 miles high intensity= 5 pts)
Thur -- est 45 (will try for 8 miles - 7 pts) will use all (15 saved pts for dinner)
Fri ---- est 25-30 - if I'm lucky going skiing downhill may earn 3
Sat --- est 25 -- how the heck to avoid leftovers?? and going out for dinner (will try to walk 5 miles)
Sun -- est 30 (btw breakfast, flying back, and dinner home) no exercise

Susan - I hear ya and am struggling with ya. Great idea of packing walking gear. Mine's already packed. I'll think of you when I'm clomping around in 25 degree weather!

Melissa I like your idea re WW soup and trying to treat it like any other day... ah well I can dream, can't I?

Have a great Thanksgiving. Not sure if I'll have access while back East - but hope to check in occasionally.

Patch
Old 11-26-2002, 01:39 PM   #6  
LM

Hi kiddies. I was on vacation last week. Didn't journal...Oh well, today is a new day.

I wasn't thinking of controlling myself at T'giving at all. Oh man, what an attitude!
Closed Thread