Old 01-05-2011, 12:38 PM   #1  

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy 1 Week Off Plan but NOT for the holidays

I need some back on track encouragement today! My father passed away after a very long illness the day after Christmas so needless to say i wasn't thinking clear on the eating front. I didn't eat just whatever sweets people brought over but most days i think i was under points and just grazing pretty much all week.

How do i get the focus back as i was really excited about this new plan before all of this happened and now i'm in a what to eat rut! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!
pointspluspioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

You just go back to basics. Planning your meals, tracking your points, doing your exercise, meeting your GHGs. No secret, just take the next step.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:57 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 172.8/168/145 maybe?

Height: 5'2

Hugs to you. What a time ...

Since you are ready I would just go look over what I used to eat, pull from that. That may jerk your memory as to what to do.

Did you eat breakfast today? What was that? let's see how you're starting off.

How long have you been a member?
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:57 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 172.8/168/145 maybe?

Height: 5'2

where abouts in bean town do you live? I live on the South Shore.
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:58 PM   #5  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

I'm sorry for your loss!!

I went through something similar after my mom died. There really is no "simple" answer as your mind is going to be so consumed for a little while.

The one thing I will suggest is just don't eat mindlessly and don't eat to comfort yourself. Yeah, go back on plan, back to basics, etc, etc, but what's most important is that you realize what you're doing. I gained 30 lbs after my mom died without realizing it, because I was just wandering through my life and wasn't aware that I'd just be mindlessly snacking on things...or I'd forget that I had a donut for breakfast as I walked to starbucks to get another one...or I'd just forget to order skim milk and get full fat...

Exercise really really helped me focus - the endorphins gave me a boost and helped me deal with other things in my life, plus the gym was my little escape.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:59 PM   #6  

Well today is back to work so i had some homemade lentil soup with veggies and an apple. The soup only calculated to 2 pts per serving but it's holding me till i get lunch shortly. I'm not starving but also know that no eating my 30 points, or close to them, is a no no. I don't want to plateau yet lol!
Old 01-05-2011, 01:02 PM   #7  

Sorry for your loss too Stella, your right, the gym was my saviour years ago after a bad break up. I was SO dedicated. I was thinking of starting tonight. I don't want to wake up in a month or 2 and realize that my hard work has gone down the drain. I haven't weighed in at ww in 2 weekends due to the events that have taken place. So Sat is my first time back, i shouldn't beat myself up if i'm up a lb or so. As of yesterday i was down 1 lb.