Old 12-30-2010, 05:24 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 212/194/160

Height: 5'6"

In my case, I was going to LA Weight Loss and weighing in three times a week, as well as going to the gym almost every day. My LAWL center and my gym closed within months of each other, and the 50 lbs crept back on in a matter of months. It is easy to fool yourself when you switch to stretch pants "because they're so comfy" and your spouse doesn't want to hurt your feelings.
TracyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 05:30 PM   #17  
To be fit and FLY....

Height: 5'6"

Mine has been 100 lbs in 14 years. That is what I have put on. When you look at that number it's STAGGERING, but when you put on the weight slowly it just creeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeps up.

Now it needs to CREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP down and not take me 14 years to do it.

I just hit 41 and I'd like to not be Fat and Fourty but FIT and Fourty!

I did actually FEEL REALLY fat the other day at Avenue, I walked in thinking I was going to buy some stuff, tried it all on and was DISGUSTED and decided, not interested in buying anything (but underware).

I do have a VARIETY of nice clothes in a VARIETY of sizes, so I would rather just shop in my own closet than there.
Summerblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 12:35 AM   #18  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

I just don't know. I know it happens, but I don't know why or how. It makes me sick. I was 184 at one point (I'm 5'2") and then after my second daughter I was stuck around 160. That crept up to 172. I decided I needed to fix it. I lost 47 lbs on MRC and kept it off for almost 2 years. At the end of 2009 I started gaining slowly. I still was right around 130 until April or May of 2010. Then I started yoyo dieting with MRC, HCG, Atkins, you name it. For the last 7 months I've done nothing but lose and gain the same 10-30 lbs over and over. I was 140 before vacation in June (I lost 10 before vaca). I gained ALL 10 back. I was back down to 140 in October (gained that all back within about 6 weeks including another vacation). Now it's January and November and December had me gaining another 10 lbs and I'm back up to 160! I just can't believe it, honestly! I'm so upset and disgusted that I can't get it right.

I just don't know why I can't stick to anything and why I keep looking for the next quick fix. I did GREAT on MRC but can't seem to stick to it again. I'm considering WW b/c it has worked for me in the past (although never long-term). I just don't know how to do it again and keep it off. It feels like a never-ending battle.
Rocki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:39 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 190.6/190.6/140

my lovely 40 lbs came when I quit smoking and started dating! Two years ago I dropped a bunch of weight and was a hot mama! Quit smoking in October 2008 and started dating my now husband a month later...over these two years I have put on 40 pounds....I now weigh what I weighed going into the hospital to deliver my daughter! It does creep on and you don't really know it....during football season of 2008 we had to wear certain scrubs at work and then when i tried to put the same scrubs on for football season 2009, I had to go buy new ones! I couldn't even get the scrub pants past my mid thigh! Could not believe it!

I am now counting down the weeks (15) to my church wedding where my husband and I will renew our vows on our one year anniversary....I told him I was going to be that hot mama again....lol.
biskthdsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:53 PM   #20  
Not so starving student

S/C/G: 152.3/ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

I lost 15lbs during my spring semester of 2010. Then for the summer, I moved across the country to do a research program. I'd put on every pound. And that was walking 2 miles every day. It was really sad going home with clothes that no longer fit...

I was living in a house with a cook and there were fresh cookies every day along with desert after every dinner. That and a 24 hr snack room. I was so psyched up to stay on plan once I got to my program, but alas.

I guess at least I didn't gain more weight once I went back to school???

College also was a big gain. I became lifetime when I was 15 or so, and kept the weight off all through high school. The college. BAM. Gained the freshman 15, which have turned into the senior 30....

I'm over 150 now. The biggest I've ever been. And to think I wanted to lose weight when I was at 130! I was so thin!!
rosekeet is offline   Reply With Quote