Old 12-05-2010, 06:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 249.2/see ticker/125

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Default WW center

I am planning on restarting WW with the new points plus with my husband. We do weight watchers at home...no meetings...not online. So, we were going to go to the center and attend one meeting and purchase all the materials needed. So my question is, if anyone knows, does the centers have all the stuff on sale this December, too? Do we have to pay registration this week at centers or just the first week fee? Can anyone just walk off the street and buy the kit withouth paying for the week (at the discounted rate) or only members?

Thanks,

Kristen
kmac1196 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 08:49 PM   #2  

You have to prove you are an online member or weigh in to buy anything this month. You cannot walk in and just by the kit and anyway it doesn't have the new plan information in it. You could order the At Home Kit and get everything that way. You really need to have the plan explained by a leader before tackling it on your own. And if you are not a member, you won't get your new points target as you lose weight. No quiz anymore, WW figures it for you. They are trying to cut down on those trying to do it on their own. After all, its only fair to pay for what you do.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:20 PM   #3  
You can DOOO IT!

S/C/G: 223/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'6"

If you can go to a meeting, I would recommend it. There is online information in the eTools, but I had a much better time figuring it out when the leader taught it to us!

Also, the reason you can't figure out your daily pointsplus on your own any more is there is a lot more to it now. They base it on your gender, height, weight, age and a few other things...If you have eTools, it will refigure your new Points+ daily allotment automatically the first time you login. The lowest amount of daily Points+ you will have is 29, and you have 49 flex weekly Points+. Remember, your Momentum program points values on foods no longer apply, you need to recalculate all your foods. Oh and most fruits and veggies are 0 Points+, so awesome!!

Good luck to you, sorry I dont' have more info on the cost of goign to a meeting. I buy the monthly pass, that includes as many meetings as you want and the online eTools.
misstraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:34 PM   #4  

So if I buy the at home kit? I'll not be able to calculate my target points? Or change them as I go along? That doesn't make sense. I don't have a problem paying for the products but people do do it at home otherwise they wouldn't have an at home kit. I guess I'll go tomorrow and ask.
Old 12-05-2010, 11:40 PM   #5  
Persistance loses weight

S/C/G: 216/177/136

Height: 5'7"

The points calculator you buy can calculate your daily points for you.
skinnycow126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 12:20 AM   #6  

Hi,
I think it varies from place to place whether or not non members can by the kit. My friend had no trouble purchasing it in her center. Yes the calculator will provide a daily points . I think the value of the meeting is that the leaders can be so helpful. However this is not rocket science and people who do it on their own are not unwilling to pay. They, for whatever reason do not want the meeting support or can't attend meetings. They in fact do pay for all materials and from a business standpoint weight watchers should be glad they are ispending money at whatever level of participation they desire.

I am happy with the old program so now the meeting just wouldn't do me any good. Good luck to all of us.

Sheridan
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 07:03 AM   #7  

Yes, thank you! When I look up the at home kit, they asked me to put in my zip to see if the kit was available for purchase in my area. It was. So that means I should be able to go into the center and buy it, right? I'm not unwilling to pay for materials. I'm unwilling (for a slew of reasons) to go to meetings. Thanks for the info!
Old 12-06-2010, 10:00 AM   #8  

I was able to buy a kit yesterday off of Craigslist from someone who bought it and has decided the new program isn't for her.

I have looked through everything and honestly, it isn't that hard to figure out on your own. The calculator does need the instruction booklet as I wouldn't have figured it out on my own, but it will calculate my daily points (set at 29, so I don't think they will change anyway).

The kit does have the books to explain things better, but overall, it isn't that hard to "get."

Meetings are too far for me to go to logistically and with DH's work schedule (we have young kids). On line would be an option but for now I am trying not to spend much $$ and do want to do this on my own if I can.

I would still love to get the new food scale.

Dawn
Dawn415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 11:47 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 203/157/120

Height: 5' 2"

i do the program at home with the materials (books, calculator). i bought mine on ebay for 90$ (but i also paid 17 for priority international shipping from us. to canada!). i haven't received them yet. honestly, i felt bad about buying on ebay when a lot of the members here purchase their kits and go to meetings/online, but the lady i bought from on ebay was selling tons of new kits-i think it's weight watchers selling online, because they know many will want to do it at home. at home just works for me better. meetings would just give me anxiety-they just aren't right for me at this time and online -my internet isn't reliable and we travel a lot...also don't have an iphone to do points. good luck-you can surely have success at home!
jess jp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 01:29 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 224.4/219.0/150

Height: 5 ft 4

I do WW at home online. I dont want to go to the meetings as they are french so for me online is great. I logged in this morning and the online site tooke me step by step to get me going. All the info is online. I hate writting down on a paper so this way i just click. When I go to work i know what I am eatting so enter it in , its very fast and organized. I did have to re calculate the food from this week, took me 30 mins, but other then that its easy to understand. Some of the WW frozen meals I have bought are one point more. Having more points makes it seem like the same thing. They told me how many points I get when I logged in.

I called WW in Canada and they told me I could go to a meeting to get the new information package, but would have to pay, Online and Meetings arent together. I havent had the need to use the calculator, I do it online. If I eat something not a home I just keep it in memory and add it after.

I think change is always good, WW have invested alot of money over many years, I have always felt guilty eatting 100 cal pcks instead of maybe eatting a fruit, now it makes me pick healthier.
locks is offline   Reply With Quote