Old 02-09-2012, 08:44 AM   #1  

Exclamation Olive Garden 3 Course Special Menu- $12.95 As seen on TV

Hey Everyone!! Well I wanted to post this up in case anyone is going to olive Garden and will be eating from this new 3 course menu special that they have going on. Hubby and I are meeting there with some friends later on today for lunch and you know we HAD to do our HW before leaving the house.. I hope it comes in handy for everyone who is on the PP program like we are. Lord be with me today on this one LOL

Olive Garden Special Menu $12.95

1 serving Garden Salad with dressing = 8pp
1 serving Garden Salad without dressing = 3pp

1 Bread stick with garlic butter spread = 4pp each bread stick is 4pp

Special Dishes (not sure of portion size but i'm sure its a filling one)

Smoked Mozzarella Chicken = 25pp
Asiago & Roasted Garlic Tortelloni w/ sausage = 22pp
Creamy Parmesan Portobello Fettuccine = 22pp
Spaghetti with Four Cheese Meat Sauce = 21pp
Five Cheese Marinara with Shrimp = 21pp

Special Desserts (looks like shooter cups)

Amaretto Tiramisu with Almond Cookie Crumble = 6pp
Chocolate Mousse with Dark Chocolate Cookie Crust = 8pp
Dark Chocolate Cake, Chocolate Mousse & Caramel Cream = 8pp
Limoncello Mousse with Vanilla Cookie Crust = 7pp
Strawberry Mousse with White Chocolate Cream Cake = 6pp

Wine

Wine by Glass- Red, White or Blush (6oz) = 1pp
royalchubsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:26 AM   #2  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

well olive garden is known for some pretty high fat and calorie foods yikes think I will stay away
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:48 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 256/ticker/150

Height: 5'11"

Goodness! That is one expensive meal!!!
cherbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:56 AM   #4  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

A 6 oz serving of wine is 5 points: you can't go by the points calculator and just plug it in because the alcohol content ups the points but isn't included in the nutrition info. That's true for all alcohol, just as an FYI Checking the database online, on your phone, or in your book is the best way to get accurate alcohol points.

Olive Garden isn't terrible, it's just a matter of being smart. A serving of the minestrone soup is yummy AND only 2 points. They also offer a light version of the salad dressing for their standard salad. And I always eat at least one breadstick (sometimes two). Just plan and track the points
Tudor Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:53 AM   #5  
fake it till you make IT!

S/C/G: 312/264/199

Height: 5'6

Thanks the info!!

& I was going to say what Tudor Rose said, wine is 5 points. My leader just went over this last week. It was hysterical when she was saying if it was 1 point how everyone would be using their points for alcohol! hahaha

Thanks for the info again!! I might go here w my sweetie for V day
tinkerbelll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:58 AM   #6  
Go Blue!

S/C/G: 286.8/180.6/145

I've only been there once or twice since joining WW, but I think I did a cup of minestrone and the apricot chicken so 2 pp + 9 pp (7 if lunch portion), then I think I had one breadstick too, can't remember for sure now. Some of the pasta dishes if you split them in half would be comparable too and should still be plenty filling, like a pasta and marinara sauce type thing.

If I was going to do that 3 course menu, I'd probably do the minestrone soup, half of a pasta dish - probably the spaghetti with four cheese meat sauce, skip the garlic bread, and get one of the 6 pp desserts. Usually though I tend to avoid the course deals restaurants offer because they just seem to encourage people to eat more than they would otherwise.
Somni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:52 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 218/207/155

Height: 5'7"

Holy Guacamole LOL.

Everything sounds so yummy, but I think I'd rather attempt the recipes at home with "better" ingredients. Im betting I could get that smoked mozarella chicken down to 7pp a serving
mammasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 04:51 PM   #8  

OMG guys thanks so much for letting me know about the wine!!! I have to say i was a little shocked when it said 1 pp for 6oz then i said well maybe it may be so since OG doesnt have large wine glasses and its usually never filled all the way (maybe its a nyc thing lol)

But needless to say we didnt even eat off that "special 3 course menu" I had 2 breadsticks and 1/2 a serving of the salad since its 4 us everything was to share so its smaller portions. Now I have to look up the nutritional info for the food that I had.. oh and I had 2 glasses of roscato red wine - I'm afraid to even total up my points.. but hey we rarely eat out and we don't even use our "additional 49 points" so 1 day is ok.. right? LOL
royalchubsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:59 AM   #9  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

Always ask for a to go box and put half of your meal in there from the get go. That cuts half of your main entree points. So you are only spending 10-13 pts for the actual meal. Totally doable in my opinion even with a bread stick. Just plan the rest of your day accordingly.
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 09:08 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 161.4/145/130

There is no Olive garden where I live

Last edited by Proatthis; 02-12-2012 at 09:08 AM.
Proatthis is offline   Reply With Quote