Old 11-30-2010, 05:24 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 192/145/130

Height: 5'1"

I had 25 before now I have 29. I can get used to it again, even though I had just gotten used to my 25
PeanutM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 05:26 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 180/179.2/130one day

Height: 5.1.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterInVA View Post
I had 18 points before and lost just fine. Now I have 29 and it will continue. Just follow the program AS WRITTEN and you'll be fine. Maintenance begins with 35 points.
35 point sound really good ... i hope this change will give the extra motivation , i need what i star .... so far so good , I will rejoin meetings on Wednesday.
Tuca125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 06:26 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 185/168/150

Height: 5'8

Gayle,
I asked your question on the boards.i got one response and it said no matter how much we lose we won't go below 29 points.Is it right I don't know,it doesn't seem so.If I get any more responses I will post back.
fitbyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 06:37 PM   #19  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Fitbyforty ~ thank you for your help.

And everyone else as well for your input.

I am excited about the new program and looking forward to getting my materials tomorrow so I can learn it.
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 07:37 PM   #20  

Just so you all know, I'm 55 and weigh 167ish (forget what they told me today, but I had a gain over Thanksgiving - so much to remember) and I'm 5'2" and also have 29 points.
I'm confused about the fact that if I lose and go down from the 160s into the 150s, that I do not lose a point like I would have before as well. One thing that worried me on the old plan was that every time I went below my 21 points to 20 points, I felt like I was starving myself and was "crazed" with hunger and so anxious all the time. Maintenance, upon reaching my goal weight of 140 would have been 18 points a day. Who could realistically survive on that and meet all the healthy eating guidelines? I felt is was something I could never acheive, and I have to admit that I was getting so very discouraged.
This 29 points seems like an out of control gift to me. Maybe we will all come to understand some other things about this plan. We must read, learn and be patient. Information will be forthcoming. It wouldn't surprise me to learn more once I have time to read through the tons of materials. There is so much to absorb. I will go through it all over the next couple of days and settle in. I'm very glad to have the food companion and the dining out companion thing too. I will hopefully eat out at a place that is listed in that booklet this weekend so I feel "safe". : )
Enjoy ladies! I'm heading off to correct my journal and add something I forgot but I still am grateful for this plan and think the enthusiasm is amazing - my leader and the people at the meeting today were joyful! Joyful is a good word when it comes to weight loss.
derrydaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 08:04 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 150/141/128

Height: 5'3

I was just watching a youtuber discuss PointsPlus, she stated she was 190lbs and her daily points were 29. I weigh 152 and my daily points are 29 as well.

My mother adored WW b/c, with the Momentum Plan, she started out with so many points and what was both painful & exciting was the fact that your points decreased due to your waistline decreasing. She now looks at it like she will be eating the same points until she reaches goal.....she couldn't wrap her head around it and frankly, neither can I.

I'll just let the scale do the talking. I won't use this week to gauge since I use ETools and the changeover forked up some of my entries and I just didn't feel like correcting everything. So I'm expecting a gain but we'll see how the following week goes.

We should have a PointsPlus Initial Losses sticky! LOL! I'm such a dork!
Meikmeika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 01:58 AM   #22  

Height: 5'9

The 29 may equal the 1200 calories(or whatever number) that is "said" to be the lowest we shoulh go without messing up our insides.If person A who is 220 is on 29 points per day the only benefit I can see there is that person losing weight fast on the new program,telling people about it,AND being more encouraged to stay with the program...which means that WW makes more money in the end....It could also be that they want us to learn to eat at that level as it may be less confusing to keep on switching up the numbers as we lose every 10 pounds.....
cuteazz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 03:45 PM   #23  
Want to feel better

Well, I posed the question to my leader at the meeting today and she assured me that you could be at the lowest allowable points, lose weight and without dropping points like we did before still continue to lose. It made sense to me before ~ I still don't really understand this new approach, but I trust her. So ~ onward and downward
Old 12-01-2010, 04:46 PM   #24  

It's all based on nutrition ... research over the past decade has shown that foods with higher fiber and protein take longer to digest, are more satisfying and are figured into the calculation now. You can still figure your own points but you need to do it with e-tools or the new calculator (on sale for 5.95 at the centers right now). Your old "sliders" will no longer work. Foods with higher fat and carb contents are now more points. For example your 2 pt glass of wine is now 4 pts. The old 1 pt light bagel is now 2 or 3. Any WW foods you buy in the store will not have the new points yet. For example, today I had a Lean Cuisine frozen meal for lunch -- used to be 5 points (which is on the package) but with new calculations it's now 7. I think it's exciting. The old plan was based on a calorie being a calorie and now it's encouraging more healthy eating and acknowledging that our bodies do different things with different foods. They say by having the fruits and most non-starch veggies being 0 points that it will encourage people to eat more of them. I like the new program a lot!!
dkmd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 05:48 PM   #25  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

I'm considering re-joining, and I found this online that kind of sheds some light on how the new points are calculated (but not on personal point allowance).

http://www.diet-blog.com/06/weight_w...top_secret.php
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 05:57 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 229/214.6/135

Height: 5'2"

I think we have to trust that they do know what they are doing. This is only my second day on new program but I can tell you that I am very satified and do not feel hungry. This is really a great change and I am glad that they did so.
happycamper4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:29 PM   #27  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuteazz1 View Post
The 29 may equal the 1200 calories(or whatever number) that is "said" to be the lowest we shoulh go without messing up our insides.If person A who is 220 is on 29 points per day the only benefit I can see there is that person losing weight fast on the new program,telling people about it,AND being more encouraged to stay with the program...which means that WW makes more money in the end....It could also be that they want us to learn to eat at that level as it may be less confusing to keep on switching up the numbers as we lose every 10 pounds.....
I may be naive - or misunderstanding the new program as I haven't been to my weekly meeting since the switch (going Friday) and have just been reading and following along on the WW site - BUT, I do not think it is a question of losing weight fast.

I am at 29 points, and my friend who also does the program but weighs 30lbs less than me is also at 29 points. But since most fruit and vegetables are 'free', I can supplement my daily food intake with F&V to satisfy any additional hunger/nutritional needs I may have over my leaner friend. So theoretically, while we have the same number of points, I am taking in more calories than my friend. As I lose weight, I will probably eat less while still maintaining the recommended amount of F&V per guidelines.

Also, and I may be wrong on this but I seem to recall reading on the WW site that while 29 is the goal, it is not necessary to eat all of the daily points like we did on the old plan. So, just because you have them, doesn't mean you need to eat them, if you are not hungry and have met nutritional guidelines.

With all that said, this is one of the things I will be getting clarification on from my meeting leader on Friday!
LitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 08:28 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 209.5/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

I think I'm in the minority on this issue, but I actually like that your daily points do not decrease as you lose weight. I get used to eating certain things and I wouldn't necessarily want to give things up just because I weigh less.

I did Nutrisystem about 5 years ago and lost over 20 points. That program never decreases the amount of food you get and I continued to lose weight at the same pace the whole time.

I am confident that WW knows what they are doing and it will all work out.
chubbymommy724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 02:32 PM   #29  

Chubby Mommy, I think I might not have been clear as I also like that my points will not decrease. I just couldn't seem to exist on what I was eating.
I found myself hungry a few minutes ago and had enough grapes to satisfy me. I probably had a "handful" (8? 10?) and I wasn't freaking out and writing it down immediately. I used to have only 3 grapes as those were 0 points in the past and felt still hungry and would find myself climbing the walls, hungry.
I'm not so worried and I feel more confident that I can be a success. Zero point fruit makes tons of difference. : )
I love fruit and have really been concern about it and wistfully wanted it, but wouldn't allow as much. This is nice, truly nice.
derrydaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 03:35 PM   #30  
Want to feel better

Chubby mommy ~ when I origianlly posted the question ~ I was not disliking that the points didn't drop as you lost weight, I was just worrying that because they did not drop I would not lose weight. My leader assures me that we will still continue to lose.

Like you ~ I am glad that I can keep eating the things I am used to and like (the things that are working).