Old 05-17-2010, 03:16 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 315/284/onederland

Height: 5'6"

Default Going to my first meeting Thursday

Hi. I'm Blaire. I'm a stay at home mom with 4 young children. I've been calorie counting since January and have done really well...around 55 pounds gone. BUT, I think I'm kinda burned out. I mean, I'm still trying...but, not as hard...and having more and more indulgences. I'm still losing, just very, very slowly. I'm not motivated. Sounds crazy, even to me, that losing over 50 pounds isn't motivation enough.....

So, anyway, I've decided to try weight watchers meeting and see if that motivates me. I know it will. Knowing that there will be a weekly weigh-ins should keep me focused. I switched to counting points today (Monday) and I'm doing well. The meetings are on Thursday evening and I guess I'll sign up for 11 weeks?....or however long the deal is. It's exciting to think of what 11 weeks of concentrated effort will accomplish!
Blairsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 04:38 PM   #2  
Losing It In Colorado

S/C/G: 217/217/150

Height: 5' 9"

Hi Blaire!

Welcome! Congratulations on losing 50 lbs, that is amazing

I have been doing WW for 4 weeks, and so far have really enjoyed the program! I love the support and motivation going to the meetings has provided me, it's exactly what I needed to get motivated and keep going. I hope you find what you are looking for in the meetings as well!

My only advice is: if you do not like/connect with the Thursday evening Leader or group, try another one! I am not sure if there are others in your area that fit your schedule, but I have tried 3 different meetings before finding "the one"! I know that WW works, you just have to work the program. Finding the right group was so important for me, and has really kept me motivated!

I am not sure if they have different payment options in different states/locations, but I think you can either pay per meeting, buy 10 meetings up front, or pay the monthly pass fee which includes access to WW Online. I do the monthly pass, it keeps me more accountable to go rather than pay each time.

I haven't lost as much as I had wanted to at this point, but can identify exactly why I am not (my fault). Good luck with WW! Keep us posted on your success!

Best wishes,
Losing It In Colorado
LosinitinCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 03:37 AM   #3  

Welcome hope you feeel right at home and please dont mind sharing your successes as well.
andymo is offline   Reply With Quote