Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2002, 01:52 PM   #1  

Arrow Exercise points?

This is only my second week of WW so I haven't gotten the info on exercise points yet. How does that work? I exercise a significant amount and I know I should be able to eat more because of it, but how much more? 3 years ago when I did WW I think it was 1 point=20 minutes of exercise but I am under the impression that's changed. Do you think I should wait until week 4 to count the exercise points?

At my weigh-in I asked for the exercise info but they said not until week 4...I have to say I find that reather frustrating!
Agee
Old 09-14-2002, 02:18 PM   #2  
Xan
serial rejoiner

S/C/G: 296/264/160

Height: 5' 8"

I think they don't want us to have more information than we can handle! If you're exercising a lot now, though, perhaps you could talk to your leader. During one of my WW rejoins I remember a very active newcomer who was working out 2 hours a day at a gym, and the leader told her to eat more, and how to figure that out.

How many points you get for what activity depends on your weight, so I don't think there's an easy 20 minutes = X. For me, 30 minutes of brisk walking is 4 points, while 30 minutes of leisurely walking is 2.

You can use up to 4 activity points a day to spend (eat) or bank.

HTH.
Old 09-15-2002, 07:47 AM   #3  

That's a big help, thank you. My friend told me that you get 4 points for 1/2 hour of vigorous exercise but I found it hard to believe I was actually allowed to count in 12 points for an hour and a half work-out. I knew there had to be some limit.
Agee
Old 09-15-2002, 10:58 AM   #4  
A Real LOSER!!

Default How many activity points

I get confused on moderate and high activity ranges. Would cycling at 80 rotations a minute be considered moserate or high activity?
Old 09-30-2002, 10:00 AM   #5  

Default Confused

I am really confused about the points for exercise. I workout three days a week with weights and try to at least get 3 days a week of tae-bo, yoga, or walking. Is that 2 points I should add or more.
Old 10-04-2002, 04:14 PM   #6  

the leader from WW should give you an exercise points finder..i think we go it on our 5th week...ask your leader...i personally do not use it, even though i exercise..it doesnt feel right to me.....

hope you find it!
Closed Thread