Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2002, 09:43 AM   #16  

I am doing Smart Start and filling in squares on the worksheet so I know exactly how I am doing nutritionally. You are right, Smart Start tells you exactly what choices you can have at each meal. I have been following Smart Start for about 2 weeks now. I may continue to use it for awhile and then I will switch over to the Selection Plan. How is it going for you?
Old 08-29-2002, 01:53 PM   #17  
Whiskey's Mom

I am going to try the smart start plan starting next Tuesday to jump start my ww plan. I will be looking at this thread for more info. Thanks for posting the links!
Old 08-30-2002, 01:36 AM   #18  

I will be anxious to see if you think Smart Start is easy to follow. I think it is quite easy. Good luck on Tues. One thing I have to work on is exercise. I seem to have lost the motivation to exercise. Any tips?
Old 09-03-2002, 11:00 AM   #19  

I am done with Smart Start and have moved on to the Selection Plan. I'm not sure my total loss yet because I haven't weighed myself yet. I like to weigh myself on the same scale to be accurate with my loss and I wasn't home all weekend. I found Smart Start to be pretty easy to follow but I thought it was a little restrictive so I couldn't do it past the 1 week. Now I'm following the Selection Plan and am planning to really stick to it. I need to locate more sites to get the exchange listings for the foods. If you know of any please let me know.
Old 09-03-2002, 11:36 AM   #20  

The only site I know of is http://www.geocities.com/george_draper/foodlists.htm I wonder if any of the Diabetes websites would have any exchange lists?
Old 09-03-2002, 07:37 PM   #21  

I also think Smart Start is very restrictive. I have been adding atleast 2 more proteins daily and I have 2 snacks a day instead of one. I am about to go to the Selection Plan in about another week. I had a bit of a setback this last holiday weekend...but, I am now back on track. I just need to start exercising!
Old 09-04-2002, 11:20 AM   #22  

The points system is a little easier to deal with but I think its too much freedom for me. I think I tend to eat too much of the wrong things on the points plan but since I have all the food counts for the points system its tempting to just do that. But I'm not sure that that would be the best thing for me to do because I may end up cheating myself.
Old 09-04-2002, 11:34 AM   #23  

The point system has worked for me in the past. It works when I have no stress in my life and my attention is geared to my health and choosing the right kind of foods. But, when I am under stress, and I don't have the time or the willpower to choose the right foods....I eat all of my points with no thought of nutrition. So, for now, with lots of stress in my life (my company may be going BK) it helps to have practically all of the foods choices made for me.
Old 09-06-2002, 01:23 PM   #24  

Can someone tell me what "Quick Start" and "Smart Start" is? Thanks.
Old 09-06-2002, 09:45 PM   #25  

Smart Start is a very restrictive, but easy to follow, food plan which WW put out before they went to the point system.
Closed Thread