Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2002, 01:47 PM   #1  
si, si signora

Default Thin for life, Week of July 29, 2002

Heellooo.

Welcome to Monday. I hope everyone had a great weekend. I had a moderately productive one, so it was not bad. I went to my meeting on Saturday and lost 2.2# so I'm back at my 10% with another 9% to go. Its also cool here, so its a nice way to the do the mid-summer in your jeans check. Yikes. Time to let go of the teddy grahams and skinny cows.

So, nothing else to report. Did lots of gardening, dog puttering, socializing and house stuff. Have a huge list of phone calls to make regarding house stuff and well, work is rearing its ugly head.

So, here's to a sucessful maintaining, losing and productive week for all!

lala
Old 07-30-2002, 01:33 PM   #2  

Good for you on the loss lala. I weighed in on Saturday too and posted a 1.4 loss - half of what I gained last month. I probably would have done better but DH decided we were going out to dinner the nite before. Enjoyed a lovely Italian meal, including a specialty coffee with whipped cream for dessert. Oh well, that's my life - no sense pretending it's ever gonna be different.

One more day of work (after today) and it's vacationland for Susan. We don't have huge plans - my 30-year high school reunion this weekend (is that really possible?), hanging out around the house next week and a place at the beach the week after. Anywhere but the office is fine with me.

How's everyone else doin?
Old 07-30-2002, 07:25 PM   #3  
si, si signora

hello all,
Its quiet here, must be all the lucky ducks going on vacation.

Nothing new here, just trying to keep busy at work. It keeps on piling up and I got to get a grip on what needs to be done.

Susan- sounds like you have your vacation plans pretty well organized. Melissa is also on vacation. I'm not really allowed to go on one until late August, but I may sneak off to NYC in a few weekends.

Mr. Dog goes in tomorrow for his ultrasound to figure out what is up with his bladder. I'll be on pins and needles until we get the good (hopefully) news. We had a nice putter at lunch and hopefully another one this evening. No real plans other than watering everyone's gardens and picking squash, raspberries and beans galore.

Take care all.

lala
Old 07-30-2002, 08:35 PM   #4  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

Lala, my fingers are crossed for Mr. Dog. Let us know what the results are.

Tough week this week. No car so no gym and can't get to my WI either. I'll report on what my home scale has to say.
Old 07-31-2002, 08:46 AM   #5  

Height: 6'0"

It has been hot, hot, hot here. The rains have finally subsided and now Mr. Sunshine is here. I'm not really complaining; now I can go to the beach.

No vacation for me and a short one in October. DH will be running the Chicago Marathon. That should be fun; Chicago is a great city.

Congratulations to lala and Seasaw for the weight loss!

As a new lifetimer, I'm maintaining and that's what's important.

Have a good day!
Old 07-31-2002, 08:52 AM   #6  
LM

My thoughts and best wishes are with Monsieur Jacques and his dear bladder.

Is today the first day of the rest of my weight loss/maintenance attempts????YES YES YES. No more nonsense. Though I like what you say, Susan, about this is my life, no pretending otherwise. That's true. I too have a food-loving husband who does not like to be deprived of restaurant outings (who does?) One of these days I'll learn to make wise rest. choices and not blow it the rest of the day...one of these days!
Old 07-31-2002, 12:39 PM   #7  
si, si signora

huh? a full time full on commitment to weight loss and maintenance? If we did that, then we would have no reason to crab in this forum....

just kidding.

laurel- your lightbulb went off and it woke me up too.

In terms of food loving spouses, yup. what to do? I have long given up putting up a fight and started fighting smarter. I just try and control my portions at these fine eating establishments that we go to. My new thing is to just box up part of my meal and say we'll eat it later. Gosh knows with the portion sizes they give now at some places you could feed a family of twelve on one breakfast order.

We are on a little food purge in the refrigerator - no more cooking until everything is gone. I have no patience for little pieces of cheese and little deli items any more. Its all gotta go. I can be sooo mean sometimes.

I will post mr. jacques ultrasound results when i get them. Right now I'm a bit preoccupied.

Domina- wow, your husband is a runner too? Good luck on the marathon and maintaining. I'm just trying to lose to maintain. I'm maintaining my weight plateau just fine, its the last 9 # I'd like to say adios too.

okay, i'm driveling. I'll post the vodka cordial recipe today.

lala
Old 07-31-2002, 01:20 PM   #8  

Hi everyone. The big day is finally here. I'm off on vacation til Aug. 19th so today's a wrap-up, make lists, finalize last-minute stuff kinda day. A few more hours and I'm outta here.

lala: Hope everything turns out OK with Jacques. I'm suffering from a bladder ailment too and am on day three of antibiotic. I'm also on a refrigerator mission; too much mystery food which is usually what happens when it gets too full and I can't find/see things.

Domina: Read your question about Sunday brunch on the other thread. I try to stick with fresh seafood, fruit, any salad with recognizable grains (in small amounts) to up the fibre content, poultry minus sauces, etc. When I stick to the plan (cause sometimes I don't), I'm always thankful cause I enjoy it just as much without that awful I-ate-too-much feeling.

Laurel: Don't be too hard on yourself. One day at a time, small changes, etc, etc. My weight is actually down a bit more since the weekend. Not sure why but I'll take it. If I were smart, I'd weigh in tomorrow for August (but I probably won't).

Myra: Were your home scales good to you this week? Sounds like you could use some good news.

Have a good couple of weeks folks.
Old 07-31-2002, 11:54 PM   #9  

Hello not sure if this is where I should post. this is the first time I have had access to the board.So guess that means my first post.Chose this forum cause 2 weeks ago I reached maintenance.I have been exercising more and gaining in this 2 weeks thought maybe cause I added some stretches and more cardio. But im just not that big on excercise that I would know if thats making a difference.Anyhow I missed my regular meeting and had to go to one on a different day and thats when I learned about this site and have read lots of encouraging posts.
I live in British columbia, Canada am married with 4 sons.I no longer work outside the home, except volunteer stuff,I have been walking and biking, skii machining and swimming my way to my goal.Think I may try to lose a bit more . IF i keep this off for a while.Anyhow would be interested in chatting with any and all!!
Old 08-01-2002, 06:01 AM   #10  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

According to my home scale I maintained this week, which I will take considering everything going on.
Old 08-01-2002, 07:27 AM   #11  

Height: 6'0"

Yes, my husband is a marathoner. The problem was that he had some serious health problems earlier this year and had to literally sit in a chair for three months!! He gained 30 pounds and was miserable (I can attest to that). We joined WW together and both made Lifetime the same day (kinda cute, isn't it?)

I can't really say that he is sticking to the Program, but those of you who are long distance runners know that the calories just fall off on the road!!

Seasaw--thanks for the good tips on the brunch.

186/164/170
Old 08-01-2002, 12:43 PM   #12  
si, si signora

Hi everyone,

Sort of a hazy day here and good for getting out and puttering at lunch.

Jacques survived his ultrasound, though he has a really funny crew cut on his belly. Apparently, he scared all these cats in the waiting room with his baying during the shaving. So, the good news is he doesn't have a tumor or stones, the bad news is that the boy has some sort of scaring on his kidneys, so he's had a round of sub-clinical infections over a period of time. So, we have to monitor him for the rest of his life. He is going on a low-protein diet, eating omega-3 fatty acids and centrum silver now. He may be on a low-grade antibiotic for the rest of his life too. So, all you dog owners, no matter how vigilant you are - and we are uber-whacko dog moms---- get your dog's urine tested yearly after the age of six. Anyways, he is a bit embarrassed about his haircut and we covered him with a wool blanket last night so he didn't get chilled.

So, other than that and work sort of exploding, life goes on here.

welcome koty and domina- i'm glad your husband is out and running again.

Myra- good on the maintaining. I'll be curious to see what Saturday am brings my way.

Susan- have a great vacation.

Melissa must still be on hers.

Oh, my beloved partner purchased the new chez panisse fruits cookbook for me (signed and everything). Great recipes. I have all these santa rosa plums from our community garden and I must make a tart for others to enjoy .

later alligators,

lala
Old 08-01-2002, 01:24 PM   #13  
LM

o, mon pauvre petite Jacques! Eddie can tell you that a shaved tum is not so bad, and it gets irresistably fuzzy, hence the shavee gets alot of tummy rubs. Who knew that doggie bladders could give so much trouble.

Hi Koty and welcome. As you can see we cover a lot of topics and even occasionally discuss healthy eating & living! (speaking of which, i succumbed to a workmate's bowl of trail mix - dern it! I am so weak willed...) I guess I'd never make it as a long distance running seeing as how the calories don't like to fall off me. More like the other way around.
Old 08-01-2002, 01:52 PM   #14  

I have a dog and a cat,Dog is Angie she is a 5 year old golden lab.But she is the kids dog.I have a part siamese black cat age 11,named beast. and I love him to death,He has allergies and has to have special food and no treats other wise back to the medicine shot down the throat.And I just hate doing that!I been driving the beast crazy with all the shrimp Ive been eating < seafood is his favorite>I put it in everything instead of meat. Chicken can be so boring all the time.
thankyou for the welcoming 8)
Closed Thread