Old 09-07-2009, 05:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 146.4/146.8/130

Height: 5' 4"

Default Getting back on the WW wagon

Hi everyone.

LSS: Last week I rejoined WW. I was following it online, but I feel like I need the weekly weigh-in to make me accountable.

I had joined this past February with my husband, but typical man--he was more successful, so I got frustrated & quit. So after an almost 7 month hiatus, I'm ready to really try again.

What's hard is, I feel like I'm a junk-food addict. I'm not hungry when I eat it, I eat it because it's there. I'm working towards trying to substitute fruit for the junk, but it's hard. I try to keep the junk out of the house (hubby isn't a snacker), but then I buy a bunch of it & then binge. I feel almost like a smoker, lol.
SugahChick09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 05:44 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 310/234.5/130

Height: 5'6"

I know how you feel. The nice thing I learned about is portion control....WW taught me how to eat...Plan,plan, and plan ahead.....good luck and welcome back on the wagon
ernurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 06:19 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 146.4/146.8/130

Height: 5' 4"

Thanks! That's what I like about WW--portion control. I think everything I've learned about portion size was from WW.

I also like that WW doesn't necessarily exclude any foods. You can have what you want, but you need to watch the points values & decide if what you want is really worth it.
SugahChick09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 09:42 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 156/154/135

I also got very frustrated by my husband's success last time I tried WW. He is allowed twice the number of points, and it used to be horrible to watch him eat larger servings and still have points for dessert. He's also not keen on exercise, so I would often pass up trips to the gym because he wasn't going (lousy justification!).

This time, I'm making an effort to focus solely on what's on my plate, and on what I'm doing for exercise. So far, my attitude change has been much more positive for me!
Lafayette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 04:50 PM   #5  

Yeah, I tried to do it with my fiance last time and it just isn't fair how much they get to eat!

I rejoined online two weeks ago, hopefully the second time around goes better than the first

Just always look up the points before you eat something, sometimes if I look something up and see how many points it is I realize how much other good food I could have instead of the one unhealthy piece of junk food. The junk food isn't going to help you get to your goal.
wildmongoose26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:30 PM   #6  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I know where you're coming from - I have often compared my husband and I to two alcoholics living together. We used to be one another's enablers when it came to food. Now that we are both committed to losing weight and living a healthy lifestyle, we are each other's support.

I have real control issues with food, and so there are certain things I can't have in the house, or else I will eat whatever it is until it's gone. I have found success with individually portioned sizes of things like baked chips and skinny cow ice cream. Those satisfy my sweet/salty tooth without making me go crazy and overeat. But I can't have the big versions of even those things (like the family size of baked lays or the 1/2 gallon of lowfat ice cream) because again, I will eat whatever's in the package until it's gone.

I also cut up fruit like strawberries and cantaloupe and keep them in the fridge so when I'm in the mood for something sweet I have healthy options, too.

The biggest challenge comes at the grocery store, because if you don't buy it, you don't have it in the house and so there's no temptation. Whenever I go to the grocery store I try to keep focused on my goal and the weight loss. Just taking it one trip at a time and not looking at what I can't buy next time, just what I choose not to buy this time. If I can make it out of the store without buying anything, I have won the biggest part of the battle.

Good luck!
LitChick is offline   Reply With Quote