Old 08-19-2009, 10:04 AM   #1  

Height: 6'0"

Default Thin4Life - Week of 8/17/09

Happy Wednesday!

Had a good weekend. Golfed a little, walked a 5K which was fun with a bunch of people I know. Went to WI, too, and showed no change. It was not looking good earlier last week, but I buckled down and got down again, but it was a great struggle. I'm still not where I want to be.

Went to an exercise class with a coworker on Monday and it was very, very difficult. I was the oldest one there (mostly 20 and 30-year-olds). I thought I was in relatively good shape, but this class nearly killed me. Later the coworker said that she did not like the class either and that it was not her regular instructor. Went to yoga last night and I think that helped me not be so sore.

How's everyone else?
Domina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 08:26 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Lisa! Our weekend was on the quiet side so that was good. It was too hot/humid to work on the deck (re-staining) so we had to put it off again. We were able to get it power washed so that part is done.

I haven't gotten back into my walking routine and am hoping that once the weather breaks I'll be feeling better so that I can get out and move! My levels are still crazy and now we're decreasing a little because I'm a little dizzy/lightheaded. *sigh*

I've been doing good with keeping a journal--I had been terrible with that the last 6+ months. Now I just need to plan a little better with my meals and things will fall into place. I was down 1.4# at WI yesterday so the 4# I gained 3 weeks ago is slowly leaving. I know part of this whole picture is the medication issues but at the same time it's so frustrating!

On Saturday we got a dog from the shelter--he's a Jack Russell mix. He's been really good, although this morning he almost gave me a heart attack. He found a part in our fence that the board was loose and was able to get out into the corner lot (which is not fenced)--I was scared that he'd run out into the street and get hit. What a way to start the day!

We still have a lot of things to take care of with my dad and this morning coming into work I had an overwhelming sense of sadness. I'm sure with time it will get better.
MelissaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:58 AM   #3  

Hi Melissa and Lori, It was good to hear from both of you. Yes, Melissa, post a photo--Jack Russells are cute. Glad you recorded a loss. Lori, you must be so busy with the baby and your job, etc. You probably don't have much time for yourself.

Melissa, Is something new going on with your father? I wasn't sure what you were talking about.
Old 08-20-2009, 03:22 PM   #4  

Lori: It certainly is rough getting adjusted with meds. I wish it were an "instant gratification" that everything would be fine without having to wait it out. I am feeling better and am hoping that in time I'll be almost "normal" or whatever that is. Try not to stress out too much about making a "bad" choice last evening--you were probably over hungry and tired...each day will be better.

I'm going to try and post a picture of Max.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...&id=1393050029
Lisa: You may have missed the post from July but my dad passed away on July 16th. We were not expecting it and it was just before our last orientation session. I still expect the phone to ring and him be on it because he used to randomly call me to check in. If you go back on our posts you'll find the one where I talked about it.

Last edited by MelissaL; 08-20-2009 at 03:29 PM.
Old 08-21-2009, 10:55 AM   #5  

Melissa, Oh, I am so sorry to hear about your father. You are right--I totally missed your post, must have been when I was incommunicado--so busy at work, etc. How terrible for you. My condolences.

What are you all doing this weekend. Melissa, maybe you get your deck all done? Today is our anniversary (33rd) so we are going to a really nice restaurant; I'm looking forward to it. I'm going to the Habitat House to work again on Saturday and probably some golf on Sunday.
Old 08-23-2009, 04:53 PM   #6  

THe weather didn't cooperate in terms of getting our deck done. We did go and pick blueberries on Saturday--I have 9 quarts in the freezer

I did some things around the house (laundry) and ran a couple of errands.

This afternoon we went to the opening Mass for the incoming freshmen--DS #2 was asked to do a reading so I wanted to be there to see him. He has no qualms reading out loud to large groups (unlike me). I was so proud of him. He really is an outgoing kid and I know he'll do well in college. It seems like yesterday I was taking him to preschool!