Old 06-25-2009, 02:53 PM   #1  

Height: 5'7.5"

Post Best Slo Cooker Cookbook for WW.

Morning Chicks...I would have thought that WEIGHT WATCHERS would have put out a Crock Pot Cookbook,but I've looked everywhere,and can't find one. I have several of WW cookbooks,and they are delicious. But I want a crock pot one...hey,summer's hereand I want to back away from the stove.The cookbooks I use are:"WeightWatchers All-Time Favorites" with the green beans on the cover...and "WeightWatchers New Complete Cookbook" with the chicken thighs on the cover. Thanks for your imputChoices~
choices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 04:24 PM   #2  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I don't know if it's still available, but I bought one at a WW center a few years ago called Slow Good. Here's the listing on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Slow-Good-Supe...5961399&sr=8-1

You can probably find it on ebay or something?
LitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 04:59 PM   #3  

Thanks LitChick...I checked amazon,and a used copy is $40! So you have a valuable little bk.there~;o) too spendy for my budget however. I think it's value is that they havn't made another one..? Choices
p.s.is it a good cookbook btw?
Old 06-27-2009, 05:09 AM   #4  

I have Fix it and Forget it Lightly lowfat version of her regular crockpot book and it is a pretty good crockpot cookbook. Contains all nutritional info for each recipe so you can figure points. It is spiralbound soft sided too. I found it at Walmarts.

Last edited by gma22; 06-27-2009 at 05:10 AM.
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 12:35 PM   #5  

Thanks gma22! Funny I just went to the bk store yesterday and picked up this same book...It looked the best to me of all the one's they had. My DH isn't crazy in love with the crockpot either,however It would help me out once or twice a wk. especially when it's really hot out. Also I love the smell of soup cooking in the winter. Thanks again...and take care! Choices~
Old 06-28-2009, 04:31 PM   #6  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

I guess you already know there's a crockpot section under WW recipes...I'm going to go check it out.

I have the WW cookbook, but not sure where it is since we moved
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 07:54 PM   #7  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

I would LOVE to see a WW (or even Cooking Light) slow cooker book! There are some slow cooker recipes on the WW website - I found an amazing one for Ropa Vieja on there. Maybe check that out?
crk05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 07:59 PM   #8  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

I've adapted quite a few regular recipes from my WW cookbooks to be cooked in a crockpot plus there are some awesome ones in the recipe section here
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 08:46 PM   #9  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

I love my slow cooker and will have to check out that light cook book. How do you adjust recipes to be slow cooker friendly?
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 08:57 PM   #10  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

Anything like soups, stews, spaghetti, roasts, bbq pulled pork, chicken can be cooked in a crockpot...others you just use your judgment on & then just follow the ingredient list. If there is a possibility of it drying out when you cook it on the stove or in the oven might not be the best if you are going to be gone.
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 03:46 AM   #11  
ASHABROAD

S/C/G: 222.7/212.5/140

I have a lot of site that have crockpot recipes would you like them?
I know it's not a book, but I thought you still might want them.
Let me know!

Ashley
ASH0424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 03:23 PM   #12  
Sensewear and WW

S/C/G: 230/195.2/164

Height: 5'9"

I went to my local used bookstore and found both the WW Slow Good Super Slow-Cooker Cookbook and the Cooking Light - Cook's Essential Recipe Collection: Slow Cooker. Each were only $5!! I guess they considered slow cooker cookbooks to be off season right now. My husband thinks we should sell the WW one on ebay when I showed him how much they were there. I told him No Way!
nellonello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 04:34 AM   #13  
ASHABROAD

S/C/G: 222.7/212.5/140

Congrats, maybe you could share one or two recipes, I love my crockpot.
I used to have this whole thing in my email, but somehow I deleted it, it may have been the same thing, but it had a ton of stuff. Sorry, but a crockpot is never out of season if you know what to put in there...
ASH0424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:00 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASH0424 View Post
Congrats, maybe you could share one or two recipes, I love my crockpot.
I used to have this whole thing in my email, but somehow I deleted it, it may have been the same thing, but it had a ton of stuff. Sorry, but a crockpot is never out of season if you know what to put in there...
Whoo, I second that! I just made a dish for tonight that sounded so good (non crockpot)from WW favorites..called' lemon chicken w/artichokes and ditalini pasta,(the tiny tiny pasta)and followed the directions to a T..and it was so awful, I salvaged the chicken and dumped the rest. I like everything that went into the dish,but all together it was terrible. I do believe in trying new things,which includes food. I like almost everything so I was kinna surprised. I can't imagine anyone liking that dish. So if someone makes something good, please pass it around,and I will do the same. Many would be grateful. If we're going to have this be the way we live forever,I want some of the good(healthy) stuff.
Thanks for all your imput chickes..your the best!Choices~