Old 05-03-2009, 12:48 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/160

Height: 5'5''

Default weekly meetings

okay i have a thought... ive asked my hubby about joining WW... ive been doing it at home for a week, and loving it. so.... i know when i weigh myself, im naked, and it first thing in the morning after going potty..... and i know that when ive weighed myself through out the day, im higher....so if i went to a nightly meeting, with clothes on, after eating all day isnt my weight gonna be higher?? lol youre probably all thinkin im nuts here, but im a slave to the scale... i weigh in every night and in the morning..... just me, i know weird lol.... but id freak if i weighed 204 at home in the morning and 207 with clothes on and at night at a meeting lol.... okay so i figured it out for myself... im gonna go to the saturday 10am meeting and wear as little clothing as legal lololol and not eat or drink before going. lol.

stacy xx
dreaminstacy67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 01:35 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 261/174.4/150

Height: 5'5"

I am not currently doing WW but I have in the past. And, always was sure to eat, drink and dress light on meeting nights, for that exact reason.
On top of that I would weigh myself at home so I could see how different their scale was from mine.
Shastey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 08:55 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 256/205.2/199

Height: 5'1

I have only been to one meeting so far (I just started yesterday!) but I had the same concerns as you. My meeting is at 10am and by that time, I already have breakfast and a bottle of water. I knew I would be about a pound & a half more than the morning because of 16oz of water and breakfast. What I am planning on doing, is having the same breakfast every Saturday... so yes, my weight will be a little more than what it would be a few hours prior, but, the loss will be accurate each week because I will always have that extra pound and a half, know what I mean?
NBaxter2512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 12:55 PM   #4  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Your weight fluctates based on what you wear, your hydration level, how much salt you've eaten, whether or not you are retaining fluids during TOM, how much you've exercised, whether or not you've had a big BM that day, if you've eat and what and how much. It will also vary from scale to scale (i.e. home scale vs doctor's office scale vs WW meeting scale vs WHICH WW scale you use).
So the best thing is that IF you like meetings, then dress lightly, and just suck it up. I know how important the numbers can be, but you need to think of the first number as X no matter what it is, and then go from there.
You then need to be consistent with your weekly weigh-in routine and it is best to weigh in only once, to avoid becoming a scale slave (or as my DH calls me, a FISH)..
Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 01:33 PM   #5  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

I keep track of two things:
1) my weight every morning and then on my w/i day, the difference gain/loss for that week
2) my weight at WW (which is evening, after eating that day, etc. all the fluctuations possible) and the difference gain/loss for that week

I know the WW scale is going to be different, that's a given. I am currently keeping track of several different factors so that I'm realistic about what my w/i will be at the meeting itself.
PinkyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 12:57 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 180.6/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

If you weigh in at the same time each week at the meetings, even if it's slightly higher than in the morning at home, you will still see the gain/loss from week to week. It's all relative. Even if the numbers aren't the same as at home, the loss from week to week should be the same. Does that make sense? Try not to worry about the number too much - but I know, easier said than done!!
Tryin2LoseIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 05:50 PM   #7  
Mom2ThreeCuties!

S/C/G: 260/252/140

Height: 5'5

This is precisely why I won't do night meetings - too many variables! Sure over the course of several weeks you should see a loss no matter what, but that week to week need to see a change is too great!

I go to a 8am meeting so I don't eat or drink until after the weigh in and I always wear the same clothes (almost - always the same skirt & shoes, and I have a few different shirts which are all about the same fabric & size).
HoosierHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:34 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/160

Height: 5'5''

im going to try on a few different outfits and see which ones i weigh the least in lmao.. and im gonna do saturday 10am, sleep late and dont eat or drink till after weigh in.... im a freak for the numbers and i cant help it. i have to see a difference or i get frustrated and give up. been there done that lol... thanks for the advice, glad to know that im not the only one concerned about this...
stacy xxx
dreaminstacy67 is offline   Reply With Quote