Old 05-03-2009, 01:04 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/160

Height: 5'5''

lololol my hubbys sitting here playin xbox live and im readiing this thread and im laughing so hard he told me to shhhh lol!!! i do the same as ya'll do! i thought i was the only one! ive....
blown my nose first
pass gas (gotta weigh something right?)
strip naked
take scrunchie outta my hair
potty
heck i'd even trim my nails and shave my legs if it meant the scale moving lol

i JUST posted somewhere else in here about the nightly meetings and weighin more after a day of eating and drinkin and then i found this thread. ive decided to join the WW meetings... gotta wait till the finances allow it. in about 2 weeks. its gonna be my late mothers day prezzie lol... im thrilled and cant wait. i need the pressure of having someone to answer to other than myself. oh! and i wont weigh after a shower, my hair is wet and the water does weigh something... lol... at least i feel normal now lmao
and about the journaling thing... i do it faithfully every night. i have a box that i tick for BM... because if i havent went in that day and sometimes the next day, the scales shows it. i was on south beach and had a real problem with that, now on WW its not a problem TMI lol
stacy xxx
dreaminstacy67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 12:35 PM   #17  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

I used to have massive rituals before my weekly weigh-in -- I started off weighing in jeans, then I thought I'd have a bad week, so I changed to lighter pants one week, then I HAD to weigh in those lighter pants until I thought I'd have a bad weigh-in, so I changed to workout thermal spandex, and then down to light spandex, and now I'm in spandex shorts. I started with a nice blouse and sweater, then just a blouse, then down to a short-sleeved shirt, then down to a tank, and now I'm down to the thinnest spandex-type high-cut tank top. So every time I weigh in, I STRIP DOWN to the spandex shorts and spandex tank as I wear this under my regular clothes (wouldn't be caught DEAD in these in public!!!). No shoes, no handbag.
Now that summer is here, I fear the socks may have to go...
I eat in the morning, have no lunch, weigh in on Wednesdays at 5:30pm, then have supper after my meeting...
And no water that day, except for 1 litre 1st thing in the morning after Hot Yoga...
Yikes! I sound like a nutbar!!!
Kira

Last edited by kiramira; 05-03-2009 at 12:36 PM.
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:40 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/160

Height: 5'5''

no kira you dont sound like a nutbar at all.... we are all in the same flippin boat and all starving for the attention we will get after reaching goal. none of us like to be over weight. we all want the same goal, and no matter how loose your jeans are getting, the scale is the item we turn to for satifaction. its pathetic i know. cuz seriously 3 lbs in one week isnt gonna make that much of a difference but here we are flipping out over it. and if we gain a lb, heaven forbid, its a ruined and terrible day for us.... dont ya'll find that the morning numbers affect our moods??? i know mine does. like this mornin, the scale was up, because TOM is comin 2moro, i know this. but i was still a wee bit upset. ugh oh well such is life lol...

stacy xxx
dreaminstacy67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 09:06 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 238/Ticker/170

Height: 5'9"

I do it first thing in the morning, pee first, get naked, and weigh! I'm boring lol
858Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 10:03 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 318/294/Healthy

Height: 5'8

N/m

Last edited by LookingForMeAgain; 05-05-2009 at 10:06 AM.
LookingForMeAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 10:49 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 201 / 188 / 160

Height: 5'9"

I'm loving these, and may adopt a few of them myself. I don't have any yet, as I have only had 2 WW weigh ins, we'll see how the third turns out on Thursday evening, I hit a meeting before dinner.
M Dizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 09:45 PM   #22  
Mom2ThreeCuties!

S/C/G: 260/252/140

Height: 5'5

I always wear the same clothes (and thinking back, at my first meeting, I should've worn a bulky sweater and heavy jeans!), and I go at 8am so I don't eat or drink before the meeting. I also try to eat high fiber foods the night before (like a high fiber cereal Or all bran crackers) so I can be sure to 'eliminate' before the meeting! Then after the WI I eat my little breakfast, because I go straight from the meeting to the gym.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen79 View Post
I also refuse to step on the scale barefoot because I've just watched everyone in front of me do so (no offense meant to anyone).
Don't they have paper towels? At my meeting location, there are notices that you can not (per the health dept) stand on the scale barefoot, so you can either stand on a paper towel, or wear socks or flip-flops if you don't want to wear your regular shoes.
HoosierHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 10:52 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 226.4/219.4/176.4

Height: 5'3

I thought I was the only one! I also wear the same clothes to every meeting. In the back of my mind I'm starting to wonder if others have noticed this. lol I do drink that one cup of coffee (and "only" one!) before the weigh in. It bothers me to do it, but as a caffeine fiend, I can't give that up.

Another little ritual of mine is to wear my contact lenses instead of my glasses (which I wear any other day) so I don't have the extra weight on my face! lol
the right direction is offline   Reply With Quote