Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2002, 09:02 PM   #1  

Unhappy Newbie to the boards

I have been lerking and reading the boards for the past 2 years that I have been doing the weight watcher program. I have gotten so many good ideas, recipes and saw alot of friendships on the board I decided to give posting a try once. I lost 40 lbs. the first 6 months I joined ww and now have been trying to lose the remaining 30 lbs. I have left.....It was so much easier when I first joined to have the motivation etc. there....has anyone else hit a plateau and can't seem to jump off of it??? The weight I am now is what I was most of my adult life and I think it's a mental block why I can't get any lower! Help!
Old 04-14-2002, 10:04 PM   #2  

Hey there... A bit about me... I'm 27, engaged, and live in Toronto. And do I ever know what you're talking about! I joined WW in April 2001 and lost 40 lbs within the first several months. Since about late November I have slowed down considerably and have struggled to get the next 10 lbs off. 4 weeks ago I did reach my 50 lbs lost goal (I still have 50 more to go) but have gained in each of the last 3 weeks since. Not a lot, but enough.

I'm not quite sure why I'm not getting any further ahead, I do exercise regularly and apart from a few weeks when I was only journally half-heartedly, my eating has been pretty good (I tend to follow the 80/20 split - 80% ok stuff, 20% treats). My leader calls it a 'self-induced' plateau, and I think I would tend to agree. There's something pretty scary about creeping up on a weight that you haven't seen in about 10 years. There's something really scary about it, in fact. So... I have to get my butt in gear and figure out what my problem is and get to work on solving it because I haven't come all this way just to give up now and gain it all back. There. I have officially told myself!

Anyway, hope you have a great week...

Christine

(Little Engine... I think I can, I think I can...)
Old 04-16-2002, 10:33 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Newbie to the boards

I also am new here. This is my second go around with WW. The first time, while I stopped before I got to goal, I was really happy with my weight and the way my clothes felt on me. I stayed where I was at for 2 years. Then instead of taking care of myself, I started taking care of different family member's health problems. Which for them were, high calorie foods. Needless to say, the weight I had lost is now back on.

While I can't really give either of you any advise on your plateau's, I just want to tell you both, I think the progress you both have made it fantastic!! You should both be so proud of yourselves!

Christine - Are you getting in all of your water? And keep at it with that journal! I found for me, that was the reason I regained the weight. When I didn't journal, I didn't care as much about what I put in my mouth. This time around, I'm writing everything, I mean everything, into my journal!

Gottawanna-Are you going to meetings? Have you tried talking to your leader, and maybe showing her your journal's to see what she thinks could be causing your plateau?

Keep up the good work ladies! Hold your head's high, you have done great, and will continue to do great!
Old 04-21-2002, 09:19 AM   #4  

Exclamation

Thanks Little Engine and Debala for responding to my message....it has taken me a while to get back to this message board...sorry. My sister had a baby last week and I have been helping her when I'm not working.

Little Engine - I'm with you on alot of things...I only follow the ww about 80/20 and I know when I pay more attention to the program I do find the weight comes off.

Debala - I am at the 2 yr mark and I also find that a few lbs. have crept back on. When I first joined ww I really made time to exercise and make the healthy choice type of meals...but now I have slipped back into the "thinking mode" of putting everyone else first and myself somewhere towards the bottom of the list. I do attend the ww meetings about every 3 weeks (the loyalty plan) and I really thinking about paying the 10wk fee and going every week. Can't hurt! Well maybe!!!

Maybe the 3 of us should keep in touch and really put forth a giant effort to get our motivation back and really get the weight off....how much do you guys have to lose? (if thats not too personal) Well, take care and have a great week!
Closed Thread