Old 09-22-2008, 08:46 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Thin4Life - Week of 9/22/08

Fall officially arrives at 11:44 am--where did the summer go???!! We've been having some great weather here--cool evenings and somewhat warm days (70's) so it's been nice and the trend is supposed to continue this week. It's great for walking outdoors.

The weekend was busy and honestly I could use a day to just kick back. I know this next weekend I'll get that because DH is heading out of town for a rugby game so I'll have the day to do things. DS #2 will still have practice but he can take my car and go.

I had a good weekend overall--the banquet was nice. It was a beautiful night for the football game even though we lost; the get together afterwards was really nice. It was mostly the senior parents, kids, and some of the kids from last year's team. Saturday was just as crazy--errands in the morning, rugby in the afternoon, and the boat house party in the evening.

So how is everyone doing?

Lisa: Do you think your DH will change his mind about the restaurant?
MelissaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 09:21 AM   #2  

Height: 6'0"

Melissa, Your weather sounds so nice. Where is the year going?? I could use a day of rest, too. I recently got back from vacation, too!

Sorry about the football loss. What was the boat house party?

I wasn't very OP this weekend, but I stayed active. Did the beach clean up on Saturday, then golf, along with regular chores. On Sunday, had my chorus rehearsal and worked in the yard. Was in the pool multiple times just trying to cool off. It's extremely humid here.

DH changed his mind about the restaurant and I like his choice.
Domina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 11:54 AM   #3  

Lisa: There are a handful of small houses along the shoreline of our lake that are leased by the Port Authority and most of the people there have had them for years; each year one of the guys that knows the rugby club lets them hold an after game party there--it's nice because it's right on the water and we can have a fire and no one is bothered by the get together. They are protected by the bluff. It was a beautiful day/night for the get together. They have boat launches right there too and it's a private beach.

Glad to hear your DH changed where he wants to go.
Old 09-22-2008, 01:20 PM   #4  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Good morning ladies! My weekend in Vermont was great. Did some hiking (although had to cut it short because my hips started to hurt - I am still in PT for that), did some shopping, etc.

I have my first ultrasound tomorrow afternoon and I'm excited about it

Lisa - Glad DH changed his restaurant choice. Is it a local restaurant or a chain that you will be going to?

Melissa - I know what you mean about needing days to rest. Sometimes when I go away for the weekend, I feel like I need a day to rest when I get back. Not this past weekend though. It was very laid back. I even got to sleep in the car on the way home!
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 02:33 PM   #5  

Melissa, The party sounds great!

Lori, Sorry your hips were bothering you, but glad that you had a restful time otherwise.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:08 PM   #6  

If you want to see the u/s pictures, go to the Pregnant/Nursing forum under "Dieting with Obstacles" and click on the "September Preggos" thread!

Last edited by modkittn; 09-23-2008 at 09:08 PM.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:56 AM   #7  

Lori, Isn't it something with today's technology that you can show us the U/S photos! I was reading some of your posts and you said you still don't have morning sickness. That must be great.

Melissa, How's the weather there today? We are having RAIN--got drenched walking from my car to the office.

Went to yoga last night and I slept well (usually do after yoga). Tonight I'm headed to a candidates forum that one of my friends is hosting. Tomorrow night is choir practice and then a play on Friday night. Saturday is a baby shower--lots of those lately.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:25 AM   #8  

Lori: Technology is great and it's come such a long way! I never got sick while I was pregnant with either of the boys; I felt a little "off" around dinner time but just pushed dinner back a little and I was fine. The tiredness I couldn't hide from.

Lisa: No rain here, just really cool morning temps (53). I think they're calling for rain later this week (maybe Friday/Saturday).

I used to sleep really well after my yoga class; unfortunately I haven't been able to take another class. I, on the other hand, did not sleep well last night. I was doing a lot of tossing-turning and DH was sawing more logs than usual. I was getting frustrated which didn't help the cause.

I have a lot going on here--my dad is being send to Pittsburgh to meet with a doctor there on Monday; he's still having issues with his blood and the doctor here at the cancer center said his counts should have come up with the treatment they did while he was in the hospital. His weight is dropping each day even though he's eating. They did mention leukemia and something else. He also has an enlarged liver and they're going to do a CT scan on that. It's crazy.

Add to that mix my brother's GF who is not doing wll either with Hepatitis C/Stage V; he stopped yestereday and told me that the hospice nurse encouraged him to have her arrangements made which leads me to think that she's not doing well at all. He said she's sleeping a lot.

So life is pretty crazy here--I'm scheduled for a EMG to test the nerve in my arms to see what's going on with the numbness that I'm still experiencing. I'm so frustrated and it's not helping that I haven't been able to sleep well the last couple of nights.

On a more positive note I've been getting outside and walking with my friend on the lunch hour and I'm feeling really good with that.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:18 PM   #9  

Melissa, I can so sympathize with you regarding DH's snoring. I usually go in the family room or bedroom to sleep. I'm so sorry to hear about your father. I remember you saying he had been ill, but didn't know it was leukemia. Sad, too, about your brother's girlfriend. I hope that he has been tested.
Old 09-24-2008, 02:07 PM   #10  

Melissa - I am sorry to hear about your brother's GF and your dad. I know what all those tests are like. My liver was not enlarged when I was diagnosed, but my spleen was. It was trying to process lots of blood cells that were abnormal. Do you know which counts in his CBC were off? As for not getting sleep and waking up a lot... well I know what that is like lately!

Lisa - You sound busy busy busy! That forum sounds interesting.

Well this morning I woke up with really bad nausea! The first time. I actually had to call into work and tell them I would be late. I left when I felt fine (normal actually!) And when I got to work I started feeling sick again. I felt better after I ate lunch. I wanted to try to stay another 3 hours, so I hope that I stay feeling OK!
Old 09-25-2008, 04:21 PM   #11  

Lori, It's probably all of us talking about morning sickness. The candidates' forum was quite interesting and had a great turnout ~160 people.
Old 09-26-2008, 08:41 AM   #12  

Lori: I'm not sure what counts are off--I just know that he's not regenerating his platelets and that his weight continues to go down. He's going this morning for more blood work. I hope you haven't had any more problems with getting sick.

Lisa: We're still experiencing sunny days and cool temps but rain is forecasted for tonight/tomorrow. We could use it. It's a cool 53 this morning but the sun is shining.

DS game tonight is postponed until Monday; there was a shooting and the victim was a 15-year old from the other school's neighborhood so they asked if the game could be played on Monday. Next week will be crazy--football on Monday night and then again on Friday evening (Senior night).

I've actually had a couple of good nights of sleep...hurray! Since the game was cancelled for tonight I'm going to help out at WW. Tomorrow we have a staff meeting and then at night we have a surprise 50th b-day party for a friend. Not sure about Sunday--hopefully it'll be a day of watching football and maybe taking a ride out to the county and getting apples & cider.
Old 09-26-2008, 08:58 AM   #13  

So I saw the OB/GYN yesterday. She did an exam, asked a bunch of questions, and I had blood work, etc done. There were some questions I wanted to ask but that I totally forgot about, so I need to call today to ask. The main one is about continuing my physical therapy, if I should, how long I should for, and if the exercises I do for it are OK to continue with or not. She is scheduling a consultation with a high-risk OB, as well as a Level 2 Ultrasound at my 20 week appointment because of the leukemia and also that I was still taking my meds for it for the first 6-8 days that I was pregnant. We will be finding out the sex then too. It seems so far away! We will also have an ultrasound in 3 weeks for the Down Syndrome test.

It is very here today! Apparently there is a tropical storm coming through on Sunday, so it is going to be raining for the next 3-4 days straight!

I also slept great last night! Only woke up once (surprisingly!) to go to the bathroom, and didn't wake up any other time. No tossing or turning, no cat crying at the door to be let in. We are shutting the door to the bedroom now because we want the cats to learn early on that they aren't going to be allowed in the bedroom when the arrives.

Melissa - I know there are a few things that could cause low platelets. Leukemia is only one of them. But if he doesn't have a high white blood cell count or enlarged spleen then I am surprised they would consider that a possibility. Did they do a bone marrow biopsy? I do remember that liver disease can be a cause of low platelets as well. Didn't you mention his liver being enlarged? I hope you get some answers soon about your dad.

Lisa - I wanted to watch the presidential debate tonight but at this point I'm not sure whether or not its still going on
Old 09-26-2008, 02:12 PM   #14  

Melissa, how sad about the shooting. We have a 50th birthday party next weekend. There's a baby shower tomorrow (one of DH's running friends) and a wedding in a couple weeks. Throw in DH's 60th birthday and we're going to be busy.

As I mentioned, we're going to dinner at a nice local restaurant with 2 other couples. We only invited them to the dinner as some of them don't get along with some other friends. Then we'll have cake afterwards. Then a few days after that we'll have cake at the house with some of our other friends. Yes, lots of cake--definitely not OP. Hmmm

Something's in the air--I slept well last night too.

Lori, Yes, I heard that TS Kyle is headed your way. That is very strange, isn't it? I saw it forming and wasn't sure of the direction, but I think now they know it will be headed your way.

I'm glad your doctor is keeping a close watch on you and your preggers situation.