Old 08-22-2008, 07:42 PM   #1  
Xan
serial rejoiner

S/C/G: 296/264/160

Height: 5' 8"

Smile Sneaking back in :)

Hi! I've been lurking and posting and disappearing and lurking and posting on this board almost since it was new. I hope I will be posting again regularly now. I've been on and off Weight Watchers, too -- but THIS time, this year, I've actually lost some weight. I found my January 2008 weigh in booklet. I started at 308 then, and I weighed 288 this morning (!!!). A tiny amount, but huge to me, because I've been gaining and losing 10 to 15 pounds per diet, but, on balance, gaining about five pounds a year for the past 15 years. That was motivation enough to say THIS TIME, and get back on board. I've internalized the program now and basically stay within points without trying too hard. But I'm not making healthy choices consistently, and I hope doing so will up my average from not quite 3 pounds a month to 5.

I've been working very hard to get over You Have To Be Perfect Syndrome. I am facing 60 (I still think I'm 42, but alas....) and I have to grow up sometime

I wanted to make this post rather than just sneak onto a thread, as I usually do, because I've made a few posts under another name in the past year. I was afraid I'd been discovered by a colleague and wanted to hide. It finally dawned on me that people who know me probably have already guessed that I'm fat I felt uncomfortable posting under an alias, and so I'm back as me.

This is a great board, and the WW section especially is extremely helpful. I hope I'll give as well as receive help this time.

Last edited by Xan; 08-22-2008 at 08:59 PM.
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 08:26 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Welcome back Xan!

You Have To Be Perfect syndrome is a kicker, huh? That was something I struggled with too. It's far easier on this side of it, knowing that poor choices now and again are not going to make or break the diet for me, it's what happens 80% of the time that really matters. So I let myself be human

Good luck to you, hope to see you posting more!
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 09:06 PM   #3  
Xan
serial rejoiner

Thanks, Jaime (I always thought your name was Judy, for some reason )

I agree -- making poor choices now and then won't break anything, and I guess that's one of the strengths of Weight Watchers (I'm doing Flex.)
Old 08-23-2008, 09:39 PM   #4  
carinna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan View Post
I started at 308 then, and I weighed 288 this morning (!!!). A tiny amount, but huge to me.
Are you kidding? 20 pounds is nothing to shake a stick at!!! You should be very proud! Keep up the great work, and
carinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 12:06 AM   #5  
Ruth

S/C/G: 98.0/95.5/69.0

Height: 173cm

Welcome back Xan! I'm another YHTBP sufferer, but I'm gradually overcoming my mental state and realising that near enough is sometimes good enough, and that the absence of perfection does not mean I've failed, it just means I'm human!
Primm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 12:35 AM   #6  
Xan
serial rejoiner

Thank you, Carinna and Primm.

Carinna, I'm shaking no sticks I'm happily shocked that I've finally gotten into negative numbers. 20 more by the end of the year. That should be doable.

Primm, I think you've named a new syndrome! I think this is why I always come back to WW -- it's the most forgiving. One of the changes I've incorporated this year (I hope!) is to journal it. Be aware of it. I may have a 40 point day, but if I journal it, I'm still on program. That has saved me from the "Oh, drat! I've blown it and it's only Monday. I'll start again next Monday. I have a dinner to do to tomorrow, and Friday looks stressful."