Old 08-20-2008, 11:28 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 177/159/125

Height: 4'11

Default From Starving to Full in 2pts!

I find myself at times starving. A small snack fixes it...but then I find I'm not hungry for a while...or at all... While I know my body will be in "Starvation" mode if I don't eat all my points....last night I made myself eat more because I still had 9.5 points left. I know I'm coming from eating a bunch of empty calories and fast food, but I feel that cutting my calories should leaving me feeling more hungry... I guess? I just don't have much of an appetite after around 5pm.

To help I do eat whole grains, veggies and fruit and my protein, just not often my milk, but trying to change that (I'm lactose intolerant).

So I guess what I'm asking is, If you aren't hungry, should you still try to get those points? I felt quilty eating some crackers when I wasn't really hungry..

Maybe it's all in my head... I dunno lol
Butterfly76001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 11:33 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

2 things:
You shouldn't force yourself to eat if you aren't hungry. That's not what WW is about. In fact, WW is trying to help us to relearn to be satisfied with an amount of food that should keep us satisfied. So, forcing yourself to down 9.5 points if you just aren't at all hungry isn't good. And every once in a while this may happen.

If it's happening a few times a week, time to add in some foods that'll eat those points right up... (literally).
Nuts, avocado, oil, olives... Full fat versions of items you may have gone "light" with. (I'd suggest dairy products, but you're lactose intolerant.)

A small amount of the above will quickly rid you of those darned extra points.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 11:48 AM   #3  
carinna

I had the same problem when I used to do WW, and I asked my leader that question. She told me that if it's once in a while, then don't worry about it. You shouldn't force yourself to eat if you're not hungry. But she also said you shouldn't eat way under your points on a consistent basis because your body needs that amount of food to thrive, and if it's not getting it it's essentially starving. That's when your weight will plateau because your body will start to hold onto its fat and you won't lose anything.
carinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 11:51 AM   #4  

Thanks I didn't even think about eating the full fat versions!!! I'll look for some of those higher point, healthy foods (this was the second day I had left quite a few points left, but wasn't hungry).
Old 08-20-2008, 11:54 AM   #5  

I also just saw your blog, I was doing mine on myspace, but you just motivated me to make a real blog just for this If I can help just one person, then that'd be cool

Btw, I just realized as I started my blog (dedede) that I am using diet patch and pill combination as well as of two days ago...perhaps that is part of it as well. *bonks self*

Last edited by Butterfly76001; 08-20-2008 at 12:04 PM.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:07 PM   #6  

Height: 5'7"

to everything said already. If it's happening as often as it sounds, try adding some PB to an apple, or have a handful of nuts. An ounce of nuts is 4 points, and they aren't exactly filling - they'll help you get your intake up to where it ought to be without feeling stuffed.

A lot of people, myself included, had this problem when starting WW. The diet mentality is that if we're not starving all day, it's not going to work. We're only going to lose weight by depriving ourselves of food - and lots of it. This is generally what experience has taught us, but WW works on the opposite principle - we HAVE to eat to keep our engines running!
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote