Old 06-15-2008, 09:10 PM   #1  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Default Thin4Life - Week of 15 June

Today was completely OP! I put my ticker back to where it was last Tuesday because I forgot I can weigh myself tomorrow morning for my official weight this week.

Jane - on your son's graduation!

Last edited by modkittn; 06-16-2008 at 09:57 PM.
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 08:41 AM   #2  

Height: 6'0"

Lir, Thanks for starting the thread this week. I guess you must be traveling. Stay safe. Congrats to you for staying OP! I have gotten out of control. I was supposed to WI tonight, but I'm not going. I got on the scale this morning and was totally shocked! I've just been eating (and drinking) whatever I want and the scale shows it. We went to a nice dinner last night at a great Italian restaurant, but I made poor choices and drank almost a whole bottle of Chianti. Argh!!! You are my inspiration. I'm so glad that guy came back and fixed your driveway--hooray!

Jane, How great that your youngest graduated. Yes, it will be strange for you and your DH to have empty nest. Some people adjust really well. You can do what YOU want to do. Your get-together with your family sounded like fun. I like it when the men do the cooking! Never happens at my house; DH is cooking-challenged. How great to be on vacation. We're taking one Labor Day week, but staying in Florida. Hey, I said, with the price of gas (airfare is terrible), may as well stay where everyone else goes for vacation. We had really wanted to go to Maine, but that won't happen.

The weekend was good. Had a cast party on Friday night. Played golf with DH on Saturday. Went to the beach on Sunday and worked in the yard. Then the nice dinner. Played 65 (card game) with our friends and I was doing so well. I kept getting all the wild cards--everyone was mad at me.
Domina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 10:01 PM   #3  

Hello ladies! I was completely OP today! I made VERY healthy choices and I'm giving myself a pat on the back for that. I even went for a jog at the gym in the hotel when I got in. I realized that I REALLY need to go back to physical therapy because I've been limping the rest of the night I'll stick to the recumbent bike until I can get back to PT.

Lisa - Sometimes weighing in can be the best thing. I weighed this morning, and was at 152.something. I was upset because I thought I would be less (um wasn't I 163.4 on Saturday?) but then I remembered that TOM came Sunday and that was why. So I'm just waiting it out. I won't get to weigh again until Friday because there is no scale in the hotel room or the gym here!
Old 06-17-2008, 07:50 AM   #4  

Lori, I think you meant 162.something? That's still good. I just couldn't go. I'm at a terrible weight for me; as I said, out of control. I had an OP day yesterday, too. I wasn't hungry either. Good for you for jogging.

I'm heading to San Diego for business this weekend. I checked and the hotel has a gym, so I'll be there. I don't usually make good choices when I travel, so I'll need to really concentrate on that.
Old 06-17-2008, 05:34 PM   #5  

I had a great OP day so far today. Going to the gym in a few minutes and then out to dinner after. My meetings went really well today. It was very productive.

Lisa - Actually I meant 163.something Both of the last 2 numbers were off by 1! San Diego is fun! I used to travel there often for work. What are you going for?
Old 06-18-2008, 08:58 AM   #6  

Lori, Congrats for staying OP and having good meetings (are they ever really good?) I went to a meeting yesterday (2 hrs.) for program kickoff. I thought it would fly by, but management asked all sorts of questions.

I'm headed to San Diego for a leadership conference as I am the incoming president of my local professional group for Contracts. I'll only be there a few days, but hope to see something besides a conference room.
Old 06-18-2008, 04:27 PM   #7  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Lori/Lisa!

It's been crazy here--the first orientation is closing in on us and as of right now I'm sitting pretty good with all my lists and such.

I had my follow up appt with the doctor's office and my bp was great (120/74) and the echocardiogram came up clear. She is of the same mindset as I am that the swelling is thyroid related. I'm also battling a horrible case of allergies and she gave me alavert to take with my astelin and that's starting to help with the congestion.

I did go to the meeting today and was up 1.2# which is crazy--not doing any different eating, etc. but yet I'm bouncing around. *sigh* I'm just holding on and hoping that once things get straightened out that my weight will start to fall back down again.

I'll try and post a little more tomorrow.
MelissaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 07:23 PM   #8  

Hi Ladies,

I was glad to see this thread. I am a lifetime w/w member who has lost and kept off 85 pounds for 14 years! Every since I hit the big menopause, it has been an even greater struggle. I am just barely hanging onto my lifetime. I would love to be part of this thread to get and give support to each other.

A little about me: My name is Deb, I live in MI. I have 5 adult children and 4 grandchildren. I have recently been told I have allergies (only to dog dander) which is a big deal, as I breed Shih tzus. It took the doctors 6 months to figure that one out. Didn't know you could develop allergies at this point in life (I am 52). LOL. Other than that, I am pretty healthy. I did start taking hrt, as I couldn't stand the night sweats and hot flashes any longer.

I look forward to learning more about all of you.

Have a good day,
Deb
daytona1 is offline   Reply With Quote