Old 04-24-2008, 02:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/198/150

Height: 5'6"

Default ISO Favorite Sandwich Combos or cold lunches

Since Spring is here and Summer is around the corner I am gearing up for packing cold lunches.

What are you favorite sandwich combos?
Or cold lunches?
LorettaV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 03:53 PM   #2  
mom to 4 girls ~Elizabeth

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/135

I like 1/2 a whole wheat pita stuffed with sprouts, thinly sliced veggies and a TBSP of lite italian dressing.. yumm! (If I need dairy I throw on a bit of light cheese.)
4princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 04:01 PM   #3  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

I LOVE salads (with lots and lots of color) in the summer and wraps. Turkey, Ham, Egg Salad.... anything without fish or red meat I will eat! Oh and no mushrooms I hate those I also love spreading hummus on my wraps or sandwiches instead of mayo or mustard. Yum!

Funny, I was just thinking this morning about all that frozen soup I had in the freezer and how I wasn't in the mood for it now that it is nice and warm out!

Last edited by modkittn; 04-24-2008 at 04:01 PM.
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 05:38 PM   #4  

bumping..

I made some rolls. They are like hamburger buns but 1/2 white flour and 1/2 whole wheat. i need to figure out points for them in a sandwich.

i put them with deli turkey, tomato, lettuce, 1 slice reduced fat cheese and some light Miracle whip.
Old 06-18-2008, 04:54 PM   #5  
live. love. travel.

S/C/G: 298/168/145

Height: 5'4"

I love:

1/2 pita pocket spread with hummus and filled with grilled vegetables (usually from the night before) and a sprinkle of low-fat feta cheese.

1 point English muffin spread with a bit of honey, 1 oz goat cheese and a sprinkle of crushed walnuts.

2 slices of low calorie wheat bread (1 point) with 1 1/2 tbsp reduced fat peanut butter and 1/2 sliced banana.

1/4 cup tuna salad between 2 slices of toasted low calorie wheat bread. When I make my tuna salad, I make it with fat free sour cream, a touch of light Miracle Whip, some fresh dill and a bit of dill pickle juice. I top my sandwich with thinly sliced cucumber.

I make loads of sandwiches and wraps. I also love salads! Great thread.

Last edited by sunshower; 06-18-2008 at 04:56 PM.
sunshower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 04:55 PM   #6  
live. love. travel.

I also love to make potato salad and snack on it for lunch. I have a recipe from a WW book where 1 1/4 cups of the potato salad is 3 points. That's A LOT of potato salad. I generally eat it cold with some cut up veggies along side it.
Old 06-18-2008, 05:44 PM   #7  

Sunshower - would you post the potato salad recipe?? pretty please.

I tried pMing you but I don't have a high enough post count...
Old 06-18-2008, 09:32 PM   #8  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

I'm not a big sandwich eater.
I like leftovers from dinner. It's easy to pack up as I'm clearing up from dinner. I have a microwave available at work. Some things served warm for dinner, I may choose to eat cold for lunch. For example, I may have leftover cooked veggies cold with just a little bit of salad dressing.
I also make salads for lunch. Besides salad vegetables, I may add leftover cooked veggies and I always have leftover protein on the salad - chicken, lean beef, pork, fish, etc.
WebRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 10:19 AM   #9  
live. love. travel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorettaV View Post
Sunshower - would you post the potato salad recipe?? pretty please.

I tried pMing you but I don't have a high enough post count...
German Potato Salad is normally made with loads of bacon cut very thickly and tossed with bacon grease. This recipe makes a 'sauce' that mimics bacon grease. It also uses less bacon so you can just cut it up smaller to get more bacon taste throughout. After carefully examining the nutrition labels on different kinds of bacon, you can get away with using 6 slices of the Oscar Mayer ready to serve bacon instead of 3 slices of the other stuff. I haven't tried it with turkey bacon but just keep your wits about you and everything should be okay.

German Potato Salad

3 points per 1.5 cup serving.
Makes 4 servings.

4 medium potatoes, cooked and diced
1 onion, finely chopped
1 celery, finely chopped
1/2 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
3 slices bacon, crisp-cooked and crumbled
1/2 cup apple juice
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper

In a large bowl, combine potatoes, onion, celery, bell pepper, and bacon; set aside. Make sure the potatoes and bacon have cooled before you do this.

In a small saucepan, whisk the apple juice, vinegar, and flour; bring to a boil, whisking constantly. Boil, whisking constantly, until thickened, about 4 minutes; stir in the salt and pepper. Drizzle over the vegetables, toss to coat, and serve immediately.

Last edited by sunshower; 06-19-2008 at 10:20 AM.
Old 06-20-2008, 04:37 PM   #10  

Thanks for posting the recipe. I have printed it and will add the ingredients to my shopping list for tomorrow.