Old 04-24-2008, 01:52 PM   #1  
live. love. travel.

S/C/G: 298/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy Have I hit a plateau? Is that even possible?

Hello all you lovely ladies out there. This is my first post but hopefully someone will come to my rescue and offer some support or guidance.

I began my weight loss/lifestyle change journey in June of 2006. By November of 2007, I had lost 64 pounds (slowly but surely wins the race) but felt I was no longer acheiving any results on my own. I joined Weight Watchers and have been loving the program. I lost another 30+ pounds since I joined!

However...

I feel like I have hit a plateau. I have gone nowhere in the past 6 weeks.

March 13, up 1.
March 20, up 0.4.
March 29, down 2.2.
April 3, up 1.2.
April 8, down 2.
April 17, up 1.4.
April 24, up 0.2.

It's really frustrating to work so hard and not see any results. Over the last 3 weeks, I have tried to make some changes to combat the problem. I have been drinking more water, I purchased an elliptical trainer because I noticed I had time constraints in getting to the gym, I have been weighing and portioning my food properly and, in the past week, I even bumped my daily POINTS allowance by 1 point and didn't dip into my FLEX points.

I went to my meeting today and really expected to lose because of my hard work this week especially but the scales said I have gained 0.2.

Have I hit a plateau? Am I doing something wrong?
sunshower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 02:37 PM   #2  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

First off, and congratulations on your success so far!

Are you adjusting your POINTS target at every 10 pound increment? When you joined you were 224. You should have re-taken it at 220, 210, and 200.

Talk to your leader, that is what they are there for! Show him/her your journal and maybe they can give you tips on better choices you can make, etc.

Last edited by modkittn; 04-24-2008 at 02:37 PM.
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 03:24 PM   #3  
live. love. travel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by modkittn View Post
First off, and congratulations on your success so far!

Are you adjusting your POINTS target at every 10 pound increment? When you joined you were 224. You should have re-taken it at 220, 210, and 200.

Talk to your leader, that is what they are there for! Show him/her your journal and maybe they can give you tips on better choices you can make, etc.
Thank you.

Yes, I have been very good about following the program and the 'rules' properly. I have been decreasing my points balance (down to 26 from 29) and even took away one of my daily points this week (7 days of 25 points) to see if that would make a difference.

I will try talking to my leader. I guess I was just hoping someone else would chime in and say, "Man, that happens to me, too!!" I don't like being alone.
Old 04-24-2008, 03:57 PM   #4  

It happens to just about everyone. I was stuck for 6 months once!!!! So you are definitely NOT alone Your leader will be your biggest help here since he/she will be able to see everything you've journaled for the week and can make better recommendations than we could here without seeing that, since it sounds like you are doing everything right; although I wouldn't go below your target of 26. Let us know how the chat goes with your leader, I'd be interested to hear the recommendations.
Old 04-24-2008, 05:10 PM   #5  
live. love. travel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by modkittn View Post
It happens to just about everyone. I was stuck for 6 months once!!!! So you are definitely NOT alone Your leader will be your biggest help here since he/she will be able to see everything you've journaled for the week and can make better recommendations than we could here without seeing that, since it sounds like you are doing everything right; although I wouldn't go below your target of 26. Let us know how the chat goes with your leader, I'd be interested to hear the recommendations.
I'll let you know.

I won't be able to talk to her until next Thursday, unfortunately, but I am going to try my best this week. I have been reading a lot of the blogs, journals and helpful articles on the site and it seems my problem is that my body has gotten used to the daily points and my eating habits! Rats!

So, for the next week, I'm going to try the king-prince-pauper eating schedule theory and see if it makes a difference. I'll still talk to my leader on Thursday of next week, though, because I don't want to go through this frustration again!

Who would have thought my big change would have needed a big change?
Old 04-24-2008, 05:45 PM   #6  

You definitely need to vary the foods you eat as well or your body gets used to them too (i.e. don't ea the same things all the time). Try discovering new foods and recipes. I love the eTools for that. I LOVE looking for new recipes and trying them out!
Old 04-24-2008, 06:15 PM   #7  

Height: 5'5"

I won't reiterate what everyone else has said except... Awesome job on the weight loss so far... I always love and I mean LOVE to read/see how people have lost so much with a LOT of hard work!! You'll break through this peak and any others that follow!

Shauna
momentum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:25 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 337/ticker/320

Height: 5'7

Talking I'm going through this too

sunshower

You are doing fantasic!

No you are not doing anything wrong, you have had an awesome weight loss, so far, you are doing alot right

When I read your post, I said "sounds just like me" I've been on WW for almost a year, May 5th, will be one year. It's been a struggle at times, some weeks I think, just like you, it has to be a loss, it wasn't

The best advice that was given to me, I will pass on to you, just be patient, you are going in the right direction, but it's just taking more time than you would like, also like modkitten said, vary your foods, maybe try to change up your exercise routine also. I'll be honest it does get to you, but use that as your reason to keep going. Also have you taken your measurments lately? Maybe you are replacing your fat with muscle, some think muscle weighs more, not sure what I believe about that, but I do know that muscle takes up less space, and it burns fat. So the more muscle you have the less fat you will have. Right!!
Good Luck on switching things up a bit this week, keep us posted
Institches21 is offline   Reply With Quote