Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 12:49 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 134/120/110

Height: 5'2"

Default Is WW for me?

Hi All,
I've recently gained back almost all the weight I lost about 2 years ago with LA Weight Loss. I was going to try that again because I liked the one-on-one counseling but there are no centers around me. There are quite a few Weight Watchers meeting around me but I'm a little hesitant to attend one. I'm looking to lose about 10-15 pounds. I'm worried that if I join a well-established group of people with higher weight loss goals than me or who are close friends, I won't be taken seriously, or worse, judged for my weight loss goals. (It's happened to me before). What is a meeting like? I need to be weighed in by another person or else I have no motivation. Any suggestions?
I really appreciate it!
Thanks!
Old 11-02-2007, 12:27 PM   #2  
GmaTo8

Hi Beacon6,

The meetings in my area are private weigh ins, followed by a topic lecture, questions and answers, and often, new hand-outs. If you do need to lose weight to be in a healthy weight range, I wouldn't let the fact that you need to lose a small amount of weight keep you from going. Others there will be in your range, although it may have taken them a long time to get where you are now. You are to be admired for the fact that you're trying to nip it in the bud! The fact that you need someone else to weigh you for accountability is important here. If you aren't up to the meetings, another option is to do the WW At Home program, and pop in at any welcoming health facility for a weekly weigh in. Good luck, and let me know what you decide. I care.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:58 PM   #3  
Cowboy Up Chick

I'm gonna say that no one will judge you at W/W meetings ever!

Secondly while it doesn't have a one-on-one leaders are always more than willing to sit down with you if you are having problems.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:03 PM   #4  

Height: 5'5

I used to do LAWL too and now I'm on WW. I find the flexability so much more easier. And I second everyone with no one ever judging you at the meetings. At mine, we individually rarely speak about our goals unless we are celebrating. We mainly just go over weekly weight loss goals, tips for eating and staying on plan and also if anyone has found anything interesting in the stores that others may enjoy. You could always stay after the meeting and wait to speak with the leader if you like the one-on-one counseling (I know I did).

I find LAWL is similar to the WW Core Plan. One thing I have found interesting, our LA Lites are a lovely 4 pts. each, considering we had to consume 2 a day lol.
Closed Thread