Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 02:09 PM   #16  
Secret Agent

S/C/G: 222.2/221/150

Height: 5'5"

You know- thinking more about the points- I think I would rather look at a two digit number (i.e. 20 points Instead of 2000 calories) A little less defeating that way? and less intimidating??
Old 09-18-2007, 02:13 PM   #17  
Secret Agent

Susan-

As much as i hate to admit it- you are SO RIGHT!!! I am totally an emotional eater- and not just bad emotions but ALL emotions. Bocca burgs are good- if you cook em right- like on my little foreman grille.. hmm... Rewarding myself will b a difficult challenge (yeah i know...) I am not a money spender. I dont shop. I dont buy stuff for myself- I have got emotional issues... I know- I am weird. So I need to find a way to reward besides food...
Old 09-18-2007, 02:16 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/153

Height: 5'6"

To me, it's a LOT easier to keep track of points rather than calories. Because to come up with the points, WW includes the calories, fats & fibers - some of the more important things to look at. When I was counting calories, I'd get hung up on the fats, sugars, carbs, etc etc etc. So, the points are SO much easier!!! PS, if you get your books off of E-bay - they should have the quiz to help you figure out how many points you are allowed in a day (plus the 35 extra weekly points). At least, the book that I got had it in there.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:35 PM   #19  
Secret Agent

Julz- I looked on ebay and there are all kinds of different things. I see a lot of them say "2007" does the stuff change each year? Will I have to get a new set in '08?

I am really stoked about this opportunity!!
Old 09-18-2007, 02:59 PM   #20  

Welp, since this is my first year on it, I'm not sure how much it changes from year to year....hmmm....

My stuff is all from 2007. I have the "Dining out Companion", the Points calculator and I also have another booklet that has a #1 in the upper right corner, and on the bottom it says "Eat Wisely" and "Weight Watchers Turnaround" (this is the book with the quiz in it to find how many points you get) It also has listings of every day foods, fruits, and veggies with their points.

Last edited by LondonJulz; 09-18-2007 at 02:59 PM.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:18 PM   #21  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Just catching up on posts and saw the part about your love of cheeseburgers. I have to say, I'm right there with you! These things can still be part of your life, just do it the smart way. If you're craving a cheeseburger, don't go through McD's and blow all your points for the day! We had burgers for dinner last night at home, and here's how they broke down: 1 healthy life hamburger bun - 1pt., 1 handmade hamburger patty, made with 93% lean ground beef, 4 oz. cooked weight (grilled on the bbq) - 4pts., 1 slice 2% american cheese - 1 pt., tons of lettuce, onion, dill pickles and mustard - 0 pts. SANDWICH TOTAL 6 points! YUMMO!!! I rounded this out with some steamed cauliflower and green beans. Had a fabulous meal that included a craving for only 6 points. You can do this, like I said before, you just have to do it smart!
Old 09-19-2007, 04:33 PM   #22  

Actually, according to the WW Dining Out companion, a McD's cheeseburger is 7 points. Sometimes I crave a McD's cheeseburger and nothing else will compare.... I don't get the FF - just the cheeseburger. Otherwise, if we do cheeseburgers we make them at home, but a 1 point difference wouldn't be enough to keep me from the drive thru during a craving Luckily, I only crave them every once in a GREAT while

Last edited by LondonJulz; 09-19-2007 at 04:34 PM.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:58 PM   #23  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Hey thanks for the compliment. I think I lost track of this thread - sorry about that! As for meetings, they do not say your weight out loud and you do not have to be acknowledged for your progress during the meeting if you don't want to. The meetings are a BIG help for me, since I need a lot of support. Once I start missing meetings, my good habits go right down the drain
Old 09-19-2007, 09:36 PM   #24  
Secret Agent

Kelly!

Thanks for replying to me- I so love cheeseburgers. I saw last night on biggest loser that Kim made turkey tacos (or was it burgers?? crap- cant remember...I wonder if that would be good as a burger????
Old 09-19-2007, 09:39 PM   #25  
Secret Agent

I am so shy Mod- Its pretty wack how shy I am. Maybe I will enlist a pal to go with me to the meetings, but I am a wallflower- though i get better once i know you.

I think my shyness of course is cause my self esteem sucks...I will get better though...
Old 09-19-2007, 09:42 PM   #26  
Secret Agent

Julz- so the cheeseburg from "Crappy-D's" would be maybe like saved for a bonus point deal? I really should stay away from there...lol. I think they put something addicting in their food.. crack or something, idk.. Heheheheheeeeee

Last edited by alhiser; 09-19-2007 at 09:43 PM.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:47 PM   #27  
Secret Agent

MOD!!! Was checking out your progress pics---- Did you get that thin from WW!!!! Holy !!! Damn girl!!! (Why did it take so long for me to figure it out?? durrrr.....)
Old 09-19-2007, 11:59 PM   #28  
Secret Agent

So another dorky question- I love tacos. Mmmm.... you now flour tortilla, burgrer, lettuce, toms, (no onions. uck) salsa and sour cream. cheese of course. Pretty simple. So would the WW books tell me how many points that would be since there are so many components to a taco?

I havent signed up yet. I think im gonna do it. tomorrow is payday. WOOT!
Old 09-20-2007, 08:53 AM   #29  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

For the tacos you would need to calculate each component...the meat, sour cream, etc. Often times those darn flour tortillas are the worst component of the dish. Now when DH and the kiddos crave tacos, I turn mine into a fabulous taco salad.....lots of lettuce, very little cheese, measure out the meat mixture, and top it off with ff ranch dressing instead of the sour cream. I get what looks and feels like a bigger meal for fewer points. It works for ME!
Old 09-20-2007, 09:28 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 156/154/135

You can also get low carb, low fat tortillas at your grocery store. I think one tortilla is 1 point. I don't have any in my fridge or I'd share the brand name.

Use lean meat and drain the fat or use Boca and make your own seasoning with cumin, chili powder and fresh diced onions (lots of packets contain hidden sugar). You can also buy low or no fat Mexican seasoned shredded cheese. Measure your meat and cheese and then load up on veggies. Plus, fat free sour cream is another great option that tastes exactly like the full fat.

You can also make chili with the leftover seasoned meat, a can of sugar free diced tomatoes (read the ingredients!), the leftover chopped veggies and some vegetable broth, then garnish with cheese and sour cream. I even toss on a little mashed avocado to up my good fats.

Anything I can make in a larger quantity and then have multiple but different meals from is perfect for my lifestyle.

So, did you start yet? I think your shyness will start to fade away as you see some scale success- give the meetings a shot. It can also be inspirational to watch your fellow members shrink! They have a combined online and meeting WW membership option. If you really can't do the meetings, the online tools will still be there for you... and so will 3FC!
Closed Thread