3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Watchers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers-18/)
-   -   Back on the WW bus after it broke down! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers/113724-back-ww-bus-after-broke-down.html)

Lafayette 06-11-2007 08:21 AM

Hi, all! I'm back after a long weekend and rejuvenated, too. I am getting prepared to really eat well this month. My birthday is tomorrow and I'm getting myself a thinner body!

I think I'll join Curves. My fiance has made noises in the past about joining a gym with me but it's been almost two years and, when I think of the damage another two years like this might do, it's time for me to make this move without him!

I have to go cut veggies and fruit for my snacks... everyone have a wonderful day!

derrydaughter 06-13-2007 08:45 AM

Hi everyone!
Hope you all are well.
I have vowed today my "clean slate" day. Whatever happened up until today is in the past and I have a new beginning.
I have set some goals for the week and those include exercise, new recipes, changing around what I have been used to eating, etc.
I wrote looking at gyms on my "to do" list today as well.

Lafayette 06-14-2007 08:36 AM

Hi! I missed everyone- busy week!

I'm with you, Linda. I started up a stricter diet after discovering I had gained another pound on top of my starting weight (from 164 to 165).

Clearly, allowing myself to make my own choices wasn't working so I'll follow the "regimen" and slowly get myself to the point where I make good choices on my own.

Yesterday, we moved our office (with more work to follow today) so I did have pizza for lunch but the scale has stayed the same. To keep it that way, I'll be extra good today! I have to keep those six pounds off!!! WooHoo!

CalgaryElan 06-14-2007 07:59 PM

She's BAAAAAAAAACK!!!!!

Thanks to all for your messages! My username and password went "poof". I was using the same password and username and it blocked me out for weeks!!!!

Many thanks to the 3 Fat Chicks crew that got me up and running! GOD BLESS YOU!!! I have been reading and so wanted to respond to so many posts!

This time...let's pray it doesn't happen again!

I've been a good girl and am down (not sure how much). Last weekend I was out of town and honestly with the carb blow-out I thought for SURE I would be UP FIVE (YES...5) POUNDS! BUT ----> it was only +1 so I am VERY happy (and yes I know that I really have to watch it this week because it can also rebound).

One thing that saved my butt was to write EVERYTHING down (even all those *ahem* BAD things!).

Thanks to all of you for your continued support!! I missed you all so badly! Amazing how this little piece of computer can make one feel supported and "cared" about! My humble thanks! :hug:

sweetnsassyfied 06-15-2007 05:33 AM

Welcome back Lafayette and Elan! Its good to see you two again. :)

derrydaughter 06-15-2007 05:57 AM

Hey Sassie, do you still have that no-pudge brownie mix that you posted ages ago. I can't find it and I would like to make it, I think.
Elan and Lafayette, I hope you can stay on track. Elan, I hope your user name an password work again this time. What a strange thing.
As for me, I'm really working hard.
I joined a gym yesterday. Maybe that is what I finally need to be rid of this excess weight and finally be the skinny person that is inside of me. I'm tried of "playing" at this weight loss stuff. I want to succeed and be done with it.
I'm sore today from the gym yesterday, but I will go back today again!

sweetnsassyfied 06-15-2007 07:27 AM

Here ya go Linda!! And it isnt a "Mix". You make it from scratch with your ingredients darlin! :lol: Thanks for asking sometimes I forget how many Goodies that are Good for you I have!! :D

Quote:

SASSY'S NO PUDGE BROWNIES
Makes 16 servings @ 2 points per serving

(don' let the name fool you its another Copy-Cat )

Ingredients
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 Tbsp cornstarch
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/4 cups sugar
2/3 c fat free vanilla yogurt (or use plain yogurt and 1 tsp vanilla extract. tastes just as good)

Directions
1.Mix all ingredients together until well mixed and glossy.
2. Bake in an 8x8" pan sprayed with Pam.
3. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes. Top with FF Cool Whip.

**Individual brownies: 2 Tbsp cocoa mix and 1 Tbsp Fat Free vanilla yogurt. Stir together until glossy. Microwave 1 minute on high. **

As I was searching I found these two as well that you all may enjoy!

Quote:

These are soooooooooo delicious! i used crumbled lemon wafer type cookies and it was fab!! and again easy..

SASSY'S STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE BITES
Makes 11 servings @ 1 point per serving

Ingredients
8 oz. Fat Free Cream Cheese, softened
1/3 Cup Powdered Sugar
2 teaspoons Lemon Juice
44 Medium Strawberries, whole
1/2 Cup Graham Cracker Crumbs

Directions
1. In a small mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese, sugar, and lemon juice until smooth and creamy, set aside.
2. Using a paring knife, hollow out the top of the strawberries to a depth of approx. 3/4 inch.
3. Gently fill each with cream cheese mixture using a pastry bag just slightly above the tops. Place them on a cookie sheet(s) as you do this.
4. Once all of the strawberries are filled, dip each top into the graham cracker crumbs and place back onto the cookie sheet(s).
5. Place the cookie sheet(s) into the refrigerator and leave them for a few hours or over night to completely chill.

Quote:

SASSY'S GRILLED SUMMER FRUIT WITH SWEET YOGURT DIP
Makes 4 servings @ 3 points per serving

This recipe can also be made indoors using a grill pan. To grill other, smaller types of fruit outside, use wooden skewers that have been soaked in water for an hour.

Ingredients
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 Tbsp water
1 large banana(s), cut diagonally into 1/2-inch pieces
2 items plum(s), cut in half and pitted
1 cup pineapple, about four rings
2 items apricot(s), cut in half and pitted
1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup Horizon Organic Fat-Free Cherry Yogurt, or cherry-vanilla yogurt (or other brand)

Directions
1. Preheat grill. Mix together sugar and water in a small bowl; heat in microwave until sugar dissolves. Brush syrup on fruit.
2. Place fruit on a clean, medium-hot grill. Grill, basting with syrup occasionally, until slightly soft with markings from the grill, about 3 to 5 minutes. Turn fruit and grill other side until quite soft, about 1 minute more. (Note: Grill time depends on ripeness of fruit. Keep your eye on it and remove each piece as it is done.)
3. Remove fruit from grill and sprinkle with cinnamon; serve with a small bowl of yogurt for dip.

Yields 1/4 of fruit and 1/4 cup of yogurt per serving.

All of these are tried and true!! I love em' :D

Lafayette 06-15-2007 07:56 AM

Linda, that's awesome! Has your gym offered you a workout routine?

Elan, I was wondering where you were! Under the "WW bus" maybe? God knows, I've been there...

Sassy, I'm going to try the grilled fruit this weekend!

I had to have a piece of cake last night... my birthday was Tuesday and I was NOT going to have cake but, last night, I finally broke down and went to the bakery for ONE piece. (I should have just had it Tuesday!)

derrydaughter 06-15-2007 08:11 AM

Thanks, Sassy, for the recipes! I knew the no pudge was not a "mix" just a recipe! I really want a treat and that shall do very nicely over the weekend if I have time to make it!
Lafayette, no routine yet. I have an appointment at 5 pm on Monday with a personal trainer to do that. In the meantime, they suggest just doing the cardio machines. Boy, that was enough for me yesterday, it may be better to do that for a little bit and get used to it and then add all the toning and stuff. There are tons of machines at this place that resemble medieval torture devices! :rofl:
I just had a good and healthy breakfast and I'll be getting in my workout gear and heading out shortly!

Lafayette 06-15-2007 02:02 PM

I have day planned for me tomorrow! I have a hair color, cut and style in the morning and a manicure and pedicure slated for the afternoon.

Sunday, I plan to hit the stores for some (too) long delayed clothes shopping. My jeans are in better shape than my work clothes since I have been putting this off until I lost 5-10 pounds. Well, I lost six pounds and, while I haven't dropped a dress size, I think I'm due!

I'm hoping that looking good will encourage me to eat and exercise well! In any case, it ups the ante for my next level reward!

Linda, I started at 12 minutes (that I was sure would kill me) on the exercise bike. I chided myself for going all the way to the gym for that but it was more than I would have done otherwise and it started to feel really great, too. Don't buy into the whole, "No Pain, No Gain" routine. You should feel invigorated and a little tired but not exhausted and in agony! I found the torture devices were easier than the cardio and had a much better view (of the hot, toned young guys) than the exercise bikes that were all facing TV's!!!

Good luck!

derrydaughter 06-16-2007 06:56 AM

Ah, the hot toned young guys.... I shall look forward to that part!
I was surprised, actually, yesterday to see very few people on all those machines, the majority of gym members seem to be on the cardio type of machines. I felt like everyone was watching me for awhile, but I think that was silly and no one really was at all. If I got a few glances, it was probably because I was new.
I want to go out and buy some new workout clothes at some point as I feel kind of "dowdy". Most of the women seem to be wearing capri length stretchy (not tight) pants with stripes down the side of them and tank kind of tops with built in sports bras. They look like exactly the right kind of thing to wear. Not too hot, covers enough so you are not embarrassed, and afford the ability to move well. I think the "investment" in a gym membership makes you proud of yourself, so you want to improve your image?
I am also planning a hair color and cut in the upcoming week or two, but my schedule is so tight this week that I haven't made my appointment yet. I hope to get to it soon as I want to look better.
Linda

Lafayette 06-16-2007 09:36 AM

Awesome! I'm so glad you went- that high is so great, isn't it?

For the most part, people are at the gym to get to where they're going or maintain where they're at. You'll get looks until you're no longer a stranger, then you'll get the smile and nod "hello."

The only person I ever saw get stares at my gym was a young woman who came in at 5:00am on a miserable winter morning fully made-up, scantily clad and clearly on the prowl. That was the day I learned that breast implants retain their shape, even in a sports bra! I think that's what people were looking at because their facial expressions conveyed more confusion than admiration... this IS Wisconsin, after all.

Oh, well. I'll just keep hiding my "uni-boob" under a t-shirt!

I'm off to get "beatiful-er" and buy some gym clothes and new workout shoes.

Take care, all!

CalgaryElan 06-16-2007 07:51 PM

Lafayette -- *uniboob*...OMG...good thing I didn't have a drink otherwise I would have spit it all over the screen! I love my OWN boobs and would never consider surgery (though I am a bit concerned about how low they will go after I lose this weight!!! -- what the heck -- they have GREAT support bra's to hoist them up and out!)

Derry --- I am so proud of you! Exercising and working out and all that! You put me to shame. My swiss ball is IN my living room where I look at it meaninfully! I DID get on it the other day and did a couple of sit ups (you know where you have your butt on the ball and your feet on the ground)...funny how I couldn't get my fat behind off the ball when I was done so I kind of rolllllllllllllled myself forward and planted my butt on the ground! News headlines will say "Woman found dead with broken neck and ball by her side" lol

Sassy! Oh My!!!! those recipes are just heavenly! Too bad I didn't get them earlier. We have a potluck on Friday at work that I totally gorged myself on (BUT...to give myself credit I counted every blessed mouthful!). Tomorrow starts my NEW week -- so water water here I come!

Good to see you all! and thanks for the ongoing motivation!

sweetnsassyfied 06-17-2007 05:38 AM

I cant wait to hear how gorgeous Lafayette and Linda feel after their make-over's! I know mine gave me the extra boost I needed when I started waivering. Which was unbeknownst to me at the time, until after. You know ... a lil bite here, a lil bite there... nothing major or serious but just enough to slow you down. Then I got my make-over and looked to good to settle!! Have to make my body look as good as my head! :lol:

Cooking is such an intergral part of who and what I am, that I really do forget how many wonderful wonders I have. :^: So if any of you ever need/want a certain or special recipe for a shin-dig ... Just give a shout out and I will post a few!! :D

I've had a pretty emotional week on top of school being out and setting up new routines... arrg. :lol: But I refuse to succumb to old eating patterns for comfort. My comfort now comes from retaining control of the one area that people, places, and things can't touch. That being what I eat or drink. No one can make me fat again but me!

Enjoy your weekend gang!!

derrydaughter 06-17-2007 07:46 AM

Lafayette, I laughed when you said "uni-boob", how funny!!!!
I guess some feel gyms are the "pick up bars" of this time period? I have a dear friend who lost her husband to a woman who seduced him at the gym. They were married 22 years and she selected him and went after him, knowing he was married. I'm sure he played a part in it as well, but I guess some people really use this as their pick up spot? Well, no one would be out there looking for me, for sure!
Elan, maybe I will inspire you to work out as well? C'mon! Go for it!
Sassy, I'm up for more recipes. Do you have any that are Mexican and CORE or very low point? My daughter is craving Mexican food. I should venture out on the web in search, if you don't have anything like that. I'm sure there is something.
Wish me luck, ladies, we are going out to dinner tonight. I kind of have to as my new kitchen counters are being installed tomorrow morning and I have to pack up everything and empty them. It will be too confusing to cook there.