3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Watchers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers-18/)
-   -   Back on the WW bus after it broke down! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers/113724-back-ww-bus-after-broke-down.html)

707Goddess 05-30-2007 02:39 PM

as for exercise im gonna do it all at home walk/run 3 days a week and lift weights 2 days a week because im so rusty from not doing it for so long i dont want to commit to a FULL load untill i work it up and can stick to it LOL

macdeez 05-31-2007 02:41 PM

Tomorrow's my first WI and I'm nervous. I've been following program to a T and walking quite a bit, but my at-home scale seems to show the same numbers it did last week. Not a good sign. I'm thinking about tossing it out... only bothering to step on a scale at WW meetings.

Does anyone else weigh between weeks?

Hope everyone else is having a great week! :)

~mel

derrydaughter 05-31-2007 04:08 PM

Hi everyone.... I'm a scalaholic, Mel. I'm on and off the scale often enough to jokingly refer to it as my personal step aerobics plan! It gets me nowhere as the ultimate scale that "rules" me is the one at my WW meetings. I don't know why I do it. I keep swearing I won't get on that scale, but I do anyway. It causes me alternating bouts of happiness and sadness.

Lafayette 06-01-2007 07:41 AM

I'm a scalaholic, too. My fiance put it down in the basement so I now I really do get a little aerobic activity!

macdeez 06-01-2007 07:35 PM

Yay... I'm down 2.4! I'm so happy... I was so nervous, but feel so much better knowing that it's a loss instead of a gain.

How's everyone else doing?

~mel

Lafayette 06-04-2007 05:32 PM

I gained it all back. It's not pretty. I may have to amputate something to get to my goal weight ;)

I can't blame WW, though. To be honest, I've been pretty bad lately with both stress and boredom eating, not to mention the cookout we had Saturday where I kept taking a bite of this and that because I never quite got to sit down and finish anything. All that running around didn't quite offset the munching! OBVIOUSLY :(

derrydaughter 06-04-2007 07:04 PM

Lafayette, I'm with you on the amputation thing. I'm kind of bummed out tonight. I saw a picture taken of myself that made me feel awful and horribly FAT. I really felt like a blob and recognize that I have a very long way to go.
I wish I had seen the photo BEFORE I went to a buffet luncheon today.
I am seriously thinking (but can't afford it right now) of joining a health club. I've got to do something, I hate the idea of walking around looking like this.
bad day.....

macdeez 06-05-2007 12:33 PM

Awww... I'm so sorry, Lafayette, that you are back where you started, but you know what? Today's a new day, and a new opportunity to get back OP! We all have bumps along the way so we all know what you're going through. Not one of us here gained our extra weight overnight... it took time... so it will take time to lose it too. Keep working at it, and I'm sure you'll be happy with the results! :)

Linda, I *so* hear you on the photo-thing. I am always asking people to take pictures from my chest up, and if the picture does happen to catch my tummy, I always get stuck on the flaws. It's so easy to concentrate on the negative things about ourselves, yet we would never think those same things about our husbands, or our best friends. Instead of looking at the picture as how far you have left to go, why not see it as how far you've come. Do you have any pictures of yourself before you started losing weight. Compare the two and you'll surely see a difference. You've lost, what, nearly 20lbs?! That's an amazing difference! You are doing great! :D

As for me, I'm doing pretty good... haven't gone over points yet (surprisingly) and water intake has been what it should. Exercise is a little lacking, but am hoping to kick that into high-gear this week. Yesterday I did a WATP's DVD and will do another today. The weather here went from hot and sunny (35C) to pitiful rain (temp. unknown... but certainly not 35C) -- so getting outside for a walk, hmmm... doesn't have me very excited. WI is on Friday and I'm really really really hoping to be down again. Guess we'll see. As for my little addiction to my scale, problem solved: my best friend has taken it hostage! I'm really torn about it, I obviously enjoy the fact that I'm not feeling like I *have* to weigh each morning, because, well, I can't... but, I'm not liking the fact that I have no idea what the numbers will be at WW WI on Friday. Ugh.

How's everyone else doing? When do you all WI?

Hope you all have a wonderful OP Tuesday! Best wishes!

~mel

derrydaughter 06-06-2007 05:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks, Mel, one thing that I am thinking after seeing that photo of myself is that I should have another photo taken in the same pose in a few months and see if I can see changes? Maybe I should post it here if I could figure out how? It's truly one of the most unflattering pictures I have seen of myself in ages, but maybe it was a blessing in disguise? It made me look at myself differently?
I was, at least, doing some form of exercise when my daughter took the photo. I had a T shirt and shorts on and the photo was a side angle and it showed off the flab on my arms and the flab/cellulite on my legs. The "old me" would have deleted the photo, but I saved it and after typing in a photo title to save it on my computer, I added "go2WW".
I've got to increase my exercise, and obviously work on upper arms as well as outer thighs. I think I figured out how to post the photo, it's embarrassing but maybe the absolute best thing I can do for myself is to put it up here and show myself, and others, how I looked. It's bad, but I have to address it.
I wonder if you all will be able to see it? We shall see.

Lafayette 06-06-2007 08:33 AM

That's not so bad, Linda. It shows you have a little muscle to build back up but so does every woman over 30! A little resistance workout like a stairmaster or elliptical (sp?) machine would help you tone. I'll see if I can post my "troll" photo and you'll feel much better!

I have to get back to the gym, too. Do you have a Curves in your area? The one by me is advertising great deals.

I lost 2 pounds but- scaleaholic that I am- I am not going to track it here until it stays off for the whole week!

I'll be drinking water today if you need me!

sweetnsassyfied 06-07-2007 08:37 AM

Sweet is gettin' SASSY-fied!!:D

I had a make-over!! A co-worker of mine IS a liscensed beautician and in her 20's ( meaning she has her finger on whats in and whats out. :lol: ) Who would of thought that wearing your make-up and hair the same way since High School was out!! :rofl:

My hair has been cut ( just below the shoulders... it doesnt even reach my bra line! ), high-lighted, and low-lighted!! And loking ever so healthy, shiney, vibrant, and very very cool. ( Bet this will help with a migrain or two ;) )

My make-up... flawless!! Light and lovely! I feel like I've been on that "10 Years Younger" show!! I am rejuvinated!

I've been faltering. Losing enthusiasm... But its back now!! I cant wait to lose this last 25! I am driven! Looking to0 good to hold back on myself now! :)

Sassy's secret for a brand new you is....

let go of your preconceived ideas of what you feel looks best on you/for you! Give a professional cart blanche' giving yourself a new lease on life!

P.S.

Going to whiten my teeth this weekend!

1 good thing begets another.. ;)

macdeez 06-07-2007 06:51 PM

Linda, I certainly don't think that's a bad picture... but I do know that it's more important what you think about it. Personally, my family and friends could tell me a million times over that I look fine, but the acceptance has to come from within. I'm proud of you for looking at it in a different light though: you focussed on the fact that you were getting a form of exercise in. That's fantastic! And good for you for making it a driving force rather than a trigger! Keep up the amazing work!

Lafayette, yay for you on those 2lbs! Can't wait to hear the great news that it stayed off for the remainder of the week! <--- I know it will! :) Which gym do you go to? Curves? I've heard great things about their program.

sweetnsassy, Congrats on the make-over! It does wonders for a person's self-esteem, doesn't it? I just had my hair cut/colored last weekend and felt a whole lot better about me. Such a simple thing, but it goes a long way to making us feel good about our appearance. WTG with your renewed enthusiasm to lose the last 25... you can do it!

As for me, well, WI is tomorrow... and I'm kind of scared. Not because I've been eating naughty (because, I haven't... at all)... it's more of the lack of exercise that has me fearing the scale. I would love a loss... but don't know if that's realistic. This will be my second WI since re-starting the program... I certainly don't want to have gained! Guess we'll see.

I won't be back online until Tuesday... we're taking off to go see MIL tomorrow afternoon, but I'll be back then to report the results from the dreaded scale. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Keep up the amazing work, ladies!

Take care. Best wishes.

~mel

settie 06-07-2007 08:36 PM

sweetnsassyfied - great for you - I'm sure you feel wonderful. Did she give you any ideas for a new spring wardrobe!?:flow1:

derrydaughter - that is too funny 'my personal step aerobics plan!' I hope you don't mind if I borrow it.:rofl:

Enjoy you evening eveyone!:)

Denise

sweetnsassyfied 06-08-2007 06:58 AM

To all the new ladies posting to our fabulous thread... Just call me sassy. ( it fits ;) )

Oh ladies I am sooooo jazzed!! Very Happy I went to bed geeked and woke up excited!!

Why?

Because last night I stepped on the scale.. at 10 pm mind you... and it read 168.5!! By now I am sure you all are familiar with my Scale Dance lol (I never seem to believe it when it says I lose.) I'm getting a lil better only 3 retries... I'm lying... 4 ;) in between having my children come over to confirm my eyes werent lying and making them step on it too :lol:

Yet again I wasnt going to truely believe it because I was starving and knew after I ate it would boing right back up to 170 where I have been consistantly staying for the past few weeks. So after eating a half bag of steamed veggies (broc. & cauli.) mixed with ramen pride noodles ( only ate half of those too Wink ) and a glass of skim, I fell asleep with hopes of seeing those numbers in the morning. :smug:

And you know what??!!?? There still there TODAY!!

Yep, I am jazzed! I'm hyped! I'm so happy to of broken thru 170.. I would love Love LOVE to see 165 by the end of the month. No Pressure though, if I do Grrrrrreat! If not... Its only a matter of time. And I gots allllllllll the time in the world baby!!

Oh and here is another fabulous happy that happened!

Yesterday at my daughters softball game I was sitting with another mom and she was just full of compliments and astonished at how much weight I have lost... saying things like....

Look how skinny you are! I cant believe how skinny you are!! You look great!! How'd you do it? How much have you lost now... WoW, You look wonderful!

~dabbling at the tear in my eye~

I never thought to hear the word "skinny" and my name in the same sentence again.

derrydaughter 06-08-2007 08:27 AM

Lafayette, thanks for your kind words regarding my photo. I really am thinking about joining a gym if I can afford it. Money is an issue at the moment. We've got a kid in college, one nearly ready to start college, four cars and two houses to support. What was I thinking, years ago, when I said I wanted a family? Yikes!!!!
I went into the Curves that is near me and it smelled "funny" in there and it was really a small place. I realize they are all franchises, and some of them are probably nicer than others. I didn't want to work out in there, plus they were really expensive. I couldn't believe the price for such a small place.
Sassy, congrats on the makeover! I think I need something like that as well, but back to that money issue again - I just can't at the moment. Remember a long time ago when we were on the thread with Red, Jolly, Raven and all the others? I think it was then that I wanted to start up a makeover business to open up in the same shopping plazas with all the WW locations. What a great idea it was, but unfortunately to do something like that it takes lots of money. Wouldn't it be cool to be able to give people a clothing style informational session so they would learn how to dress for their body types? Also, new hair and even new eyeglasses if they wear them, ones that flatter their face. It would be like a personal trainer thing but not with exercise with coaching on how to make the best of your good features. I wanted to even have clothing trades where people who have lost weight could unload their "fat clothes" and give them to people in other stages of weight loss. My daughter (now up to 22 pounds lost!!!) just cleaned out her closet and we have 5 bags of fat clothes to dispose of. I paid good money for those things and I wish I could trade them and get more stuff for her.
Mel, have a nice trip. I hope your weigh in goes well. I often get surprised by my weigh in numbers. When I am expecting a loss, I don't get it. When I am not expecting one, it happens. I'll never understand. I'm on another thread and we have been chatting about the mystery in terms of when does a result show on the scale? So many of us are really "near perfect" for a week. We go and get weighed in and there is nothing, .2 or a slight gain. We get disillusioned and want to give up and we perceive it's not working. But, maybe this week of being good shows up 3 weeks later on our bodies? Maybe even into the following week? One of my buddies said after being perfect all week and then having a small .2 loss, she felt like eating cake as it was so depressing. But, if she just keeps at it (she totally knows this, I think) will it show up next week?
Denise, no problem borrowing the step aerobics thing.... it is so true when you are up and down off the scale many times a week/day. It's actually quite silly as the ONLY scale that ought to matter, once is week, is when we weigh in. I'm going to try to avoid getting on my scale. I say that every now and then, but I end up getting on it anyway. My leader once gave me a scolding about it. She says, even if you are telling yourself that you are not letting it happen, do you allow yourself a few extra treats or get a bit lazy about your exercising if, mid-week, you weigh yourself and see the scale has gone really lower? So, if I see that I have lost 2 pounds during the week, I then without thinking end up relaxing and then blow it? Interesting theory. I think I might be doing that?
Sassy, great news on the new "decade" of weight! Congratulations! I think we knew each other when you had just gotten below 200. You've been doing this a long time and it is wonderful to share this with you.
BUT... if you just read my posting about my leader's theory. You can't relax for the rest of the week until your official weigh in. You need to keep pushing. Maybe this is something I can learn from?
As for me, today will be a busy day. It is a very long awaited pay day! I have bills to pay and lots of shopping to do. I'm so relieved to get money. I was broke 2 days after the last paycheck and have been stretching our funds to "get by" since the last time. So, thankfully, I get to fill my pantry again. But, it will be filled with healthy choices and not junk!
By the way, we are going away overnight tomorrow night and will be taken out to dinner. (I'll have no Internet access overnight and the next day until much later - I'll miss you all!) I have no idea where we will go and what the menu will be. This is going to be quite the challenge. We'll be in Stonington CT and eating at a place that, I think, specializes in seafood. I hope to do OK. If there is a broiled fish entree, I'll be saved.