Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 02-02-2006, 03:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Default Getting back into it after illness

I've been down with a nasty bug for the last week--absolutely no exercise, but I did lose 3 lbs. Don't recommend that kind of "diet," though. Yesterday I went on a walk with my dog and I was pretty tired. I did some stretching, too, which went okay.

Decided to get back into my weight training schedule so I went to the gym this morning. Oh, my, it was tough! I couldn't lift as much as I could a week ago, and I was sweating like crazy and my muscles were shaking. Ratcheted my cardio down to 35 minutes, too.

How long does it take to get back to the way it was before I became ill? I dropped about 5 lbs. on each lift, but did three sets of 12 (well, not always) reps. I wasn't sure if it was better to do less reps and sets at the same weight I was lifting or dropping the weight and try for the same number of reps/sets (which is what I ended up doing).

Any advice before I hit the gym tomorrow?
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 07:29 PM   #2  
Working My Way Back Down

No advice Sheila, but why did you send your bug north?? I've been feeling crappy for the past couple days. Back at work today but dragging and headachy. Boo, hiss. I suspect you'll be back where you were in one or two more sessions. I've taken a week off when I wasn't sick (vacation etc.) and been able to come back where I was.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote